It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This topic is related to vanilla game, not New Horizons mod.

Already implemented features:

- Linux compatibility
- Updated Allegro (graphics library the game is based on)
- Performance tweak
- Minor bug fixes

Further info: http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=3640
bavariankid: This topic is related to vanilla game, not New Horizons mod.

Already implemented features:

- Linux compatibility
- Updated Allegro (graphics library the game is based on)
- Performance tweak
- Minor bug fixes

Further info: http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=3640
Now THIS is interesting!
Is there interest in a Linux port of Genesis? and of New Horizons?
Yes, this looks interesting. Definitely worth keeping an eye on it. Thanks.
Sorry for a late'ish reply, but is there any word on adjusting the "Beginner" difficulty so it actually resembles a low level difficulty mode?
I always remembered that being absolutely brutal and it almost kept me from wanting to keep playing x__x

Actually, it kinda-sorta did. Never really progressed much in the campaign and instead just replayed the early few shards over and over since everything after that was a nightmare. Haven't tried Skirmishes to see if they're any different, but Beginner in general just seemed like it was a painful challenge, and everything else was fifty times worse.
high rated
Rezca: Actually, it kinda-sorta did. Never really progressed much in the campaign and instead just replayed the early few shards over and over since everything after that was a nightmare. Haven't tried Skirmishes to see if they're any different, but Beginner in general just seemed like it was a painful challenge, and everything else was fifty times worse.
It wouldn't change AI thst much (actually, it would make it even harder by fixing some issues like AI hero warrior casting useless spells)
You can help yourself by going into folder Eador - Genesis\var and editing difficulty.var with notepad.
Start gold: 1000 -selfexplanatory
Start gem: 100 -selfexplanatory
Gold income add: 15 -selfexplanatory
Gem income add: 5 -selfexplanatory
Population: 1100 - starting population in capital, affects some rituals and income, the more, the better. there is a cap, so better not touch it.
Exp mod: 80 - multiplier to exp needed for level up, 80% in this case. With expmod 1 you will get 30 pretty fast.
Loot mod: 110 - droprate, 110% from max.
Neutral HP: 55 - multiplier to hp of neutral units, 55% - doesn't affect guards of AI player.
Corruption start: 18 (min % of expenses increase)
Corruption max: 60 (max % of expenses increase) full mechanism explained there http://www.gog.com/forum/eador_series/corruption_bankrupted_me
Hero advice: 1 - hero would estimate his chances for win, not 100% accurate.
Score: 25 - final score multiplier for Leaderboard, 25% from normal.

I would recommend to start hotseat for 3 players, and learn units both in castle and in dens. 3 players - to have diplomacy and possibility to send resources to yourself.
Excellent advice as always, Gremlion. Good job.
That's very good advice indeed Gremlion! This can address and offset the cheating AI's advantages and rebalance everything..... without resorting to full on infinite resources or god mode cheats, which remove all satisfaction from gameplay!

Thanks!!!!!
List of features taken into consideration is really promising, I have hope that this project will be finished, with as much of these propositions as possible implemented. Despite some in-game improvements, I would be really happy with online multiplayer. Yeah, I know it's already in MotBW, but I've played so much in Genesis, that when came MotBW, I couldn't get used to new "style", even with knownledge that it's generally the same game, but in different "package". And more generally - I always like in turn-based strategies, when they're providing all possible multiplayer options (both "ancient" hot-seat and more "modern" online features).

I've got to admit, that it's been a long time since I've last played in Eador: Genesis. I've gave up at some moment in the campaing, but even after this I've played a lot in "skirmish" mode. And I would gladly get back to this title.
The Linux port of (vanilla) Eador Genesis is available here:
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=3872
Regards.
How is there a GNU/Linux port? Has the source code been released? What about a Mac port?
Post edited November 11, 2016 by HiPhish