It appears that the repeatable crash was due to another program forcing the use of the discrete GPU. On the integrated one, the game works a little bit more reliably, but:
- It seems impossible to quit the game without it crashing
- The game doesn't write the progress to disk immediately, so when it crashes, it forgets how far you've progressed and you're forced to reload a save game (and to start a level and save before you can quit, though this doesn't work very often)
- Trap placement is unreliable - it locks in one position and then refuses to rotate until you select something else.
- The loading is badly in need of optimisation. Even with an SSD, it takes ages, but doesn't appear to be touching the disk and is using only one core (and often not even at 100%).
- Removing the call to arms spell (or whatever it was called in Dungeons II) makes defending a dungeon more annoying.
- Manual traps seem to completely defeat the point of having traps.
Note to developers: Including all versions in the beta release period is a good idea!