It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello there! My first post on GOG!

This problem came to light while playing Dungeon Keeper 1, but it's actually a problem with all games for me.

My PC is connected via HDMI to a Samsung 1080p TV. Graphics card is an ATI 7970 running a recent Catalyst driver (not sure if it's the latest).

I'm playing Dungeon Keeper 1 using KeeperFX. The game itself runs at 1920 x 1080, 1024 x 768 etc just fine. But the map menu is messed up at anything but 640 x 480. Unfortunately, my TV won't display 640 x 480 correctly - it chops off the top and bottom of the picture. I've tried changing the picture size, but even when reducing the picture size, thus zooming out, the top and bottom of the image is still missing. I've tried playing with the Catalyst settings but that doesn't seem to help. I'm not in front of my PC right now, but I think setting to GPU to do the scaling rather than the TV brought back the full image, but stretched it to widescreen.

This problem occurs with any game that runs at 640x480 - for example, the Syndicate Wars Windows port. That game only displays the full image if I use a command line to run it in a small window.

Dosbox games from GOG seem fine, as they run at resolutions my TV can display, even if the original game only ran at 640x480. Syndicate Wars seems fine through Dosbox; however, I prefer playing Dungeon Keeper via KeeperFX.

I don't want to stop using an HDMI to connect to my TV as I run the sound through the TV and then to my stereo system.

Does anyone else have this issue with a 1080p TV?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
igoryoufool: Hello there! My first post on GOG!

This problem came to light while playing Dungeon Keeper 1, but it's actually a problem with all games for me.

My PC is connected via HDMI to a Samsung 1080p TV. Graphics card is an ATI 7970 running a recent Catalyst driver (not sure if it's the latest).

I'm playing Dungeon Keeper 1 using KeeperFX. The game itself runs at 1920 x 1080, 1024 x 768 etc just fine. But the map menu is messed up at anything but 640 x 480. Unfortunately, my TV won't display 640 x 480 correctly - it chops off the top and bottom of the picture. I've tried changing the picture size, but even when reducing the picture size, thus zooming out, the top and bottom of the image is still missing. I've tried playing with the Catalyst settings but that doesn't seem to help. I'm not in front of my PC right now, but I think setting to GPU to do the scaling rather than the TV brought back the full image, but stretched it to widescreen.

This problem occurs with any game that runs at 640x480 - for example, the Syndicate Wars Windows port. That game only displays the full image if I use a command line to run it in a small window.

Dosbox games from GOG seem fine, as they run at resolutions my TV can display, even if the original game only ran at 640x480. Syndicate Wars seems fine through Dosbox; however, I prefer playing Dungeon Keeper via KeeperFX.

I don't want to stop using an HDMI to connect to my TV as I run the sound through the TV and then to my stereo system.

Does anyone else have this issue with a 1080p TV?
About the HDMI sound, you can direct the sound to the TV but be playing with a normal monitor , is something similar I'm doing with my laptop and hdmi monitor. I have the sound being played at my laptop instead of the monitor (laptop has better sound) but playing the games on my monitor.