It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have DK2 installed with the GOG hardware acceleration patch. My display's native resolution is 2560x1600. No matter what resolution I set in the Registry DK2 defaults to 1024x768. How can I force DK2 to use a higher resolution than 1024x768?

Thanks.

UPDATE
Disable Hardware Acceleration in the settings and create a shortcut to DKII.EXE (not DKII-DX.EXE) using Compatibility Mode (Win XP SP3). I did not need to check anything else under Compatibility Mode.
Post edited November 04, 2012 by Psychor
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Bump for people still having this issue. It seems the newest version of DK2 install creates a shortcut to DKII-DX, which includes that graphics fix. Unfortunately, but probably on purpose, it adds the black bars and locks the resolution, so even editing the registry does not seem to change it. If you want to try different resolutions through the registry fix, you have to do what is mentioned above and use the DKII executable. This will then change the Direct3D device from "fake device" to "Primary Display Driver".

Personally, after playing around with this I just went back to using the DKII-DX. Adjusting the registry to get the resolution much higher than 1024x768 will cause small text in the gui/subtitles, and cause the pause-game menu options to lose their text. You may also be re-introducing some of the bugs they tried to fix with the last patch (like black screens). I found it better to just get used to the black bars and stick with the 1024x768 resolution, but obviously it's personal choice.