It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I played through the Dragon Age series as it came out, I've got all of the entries for the 360, but it's 2019 and my 360 is in the basement and anyway GoG was selling Origins complete for $5 the other week and so I've decided to give the full Dragon Age experience a go.

The biggest problem seems to be Dragon Age 2 (which, let's be frank, has always had its problems.) I'm logged in to my profile on DAO, meaning (I assume?) that I'll be able to transfer my Grey Warden into Inquisition. If I dig out my 360, I'll be able to *play* DA2, but I won't be able to transfer in my Warden and I think Alistair will be king (I'm planning on having him executed this playthrough, because fuck that guy.) Is it true that the only way to play DA2 on the PC these days is to go on Origin and pay $10 for the basegame (or $5/mo for the service) and $15 for the DLC?

In the worst case scenario, I suppose, then, I finish DAO on the PC and transfer my Warden into Keep. I play DA2 on the 360, ignoring any continuity errors and the existence of Alistair (who should be used to having his existence ignored at this point), and import Hawke to Keep. And then I start Inquisition and pull my characters from Keep. Is that correct, or is there a better way? I'd really love to play 2 on the PC if possible, because I found the Warden's cameo delightful, and again, Alistair.

(Made a couple of edits to this post for clarity)
Post edited January 21, 2019 by nigelthezebra
the game saves gog makes is the same file as your 360... assuming you have some way for the 360 to see a file (network, usb drive etc) then the saves will work
ussnorway: the game saves gog makes is the same file as your 360... assuming you have some way for the 360 to see a file (network, usb drive etc) then the saves will work
Oh awesome--if we don't have a thumb drive lying around, they're cheap enough. It's silly but I want as close to the full experience as I can and I think this'll take care of most of the basic issues. Now all I have to do is get through Dragon Age 2, which, let's face it, was never the strongest in the series :) Thank you!
there are some nice bits, like her tits being bigger when he tells the story at the start but yes overall its a shit game
DA2 had its flaws, for sure. I but actually enjoyed it. Characters and plot are excellent. I just wish it wasn't quite so railroaded.
Zanderat: DA2 had its flaws, for sure. I but actually enjoyed it. Characters and plot are excellent. I just wish it wasn't quite so railroaded.
I really had fun playing DA2 as well. I liked the melee rogues animations in this game. In this game for me, it made melee rogues fun.
Compeling story. The parts with Hawk's mom at the end is harrowing.

Meh.
To each their own.
Zanderat: DA2 had its flaws, for sure. I but actually enjoyed it. Characters and plot are excellent. I just wish it wasn't quite so railroaded.
chicostix: I really had fun playing DA2 as well. I liked the melee rogues animations in this game. In this game for me, it made melee rogues fun.
Compeling story. The parts with Hawk's mom at the end is harrowing.

Meh.
To each their own.
I'm the same with the rogues in DA2. One of my complaints when DA:I came out was the rogue melee combat didn't feel as fluid and it took a bit to adjust to the new combat mechanics. Pretty much play melee rogue throughout the series, to be honest - I don't like leaving chests behind. Must. Have. Loot! =D

Flynn
it is silly to make rogues better melee fighters than fighters. they should have made the fighters better melee and faster(for fighting purpose) instead of armour wearing dolts. the rogues are into steath. I don't know whate EA "games" was thinking when they came out with DA2 or DA "Inquisition" but it is a stupid idea. they know nothing about fighting and the training a soldier or knight must go through in real life.