It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm using Ultimate Doom Visor With Project Brutality using the GzDoom port

my issue is that I like going through dark areas but using the flashlight option drains the armor (force field?) & I'd to stop that. is there a setting (that I'm missing) or a mod that that changes it?
This question / problem has been solved by korellimage
Add a flashlight mod (eg Dark Doom's flashlight, dd_flashlight.pk3) and use the flashlight key binding for that instead of the UDV flashlight key binding.
Rusty_Gunn: I'm using Ultimate Doom Visor With Project Brutality using the GzDoom port

my issue is that I like going through dark areas but using the flashlight option drains the armor (force field?) & I'd to stop that. is there a setting (that I'm missing) or a mod that that changes it?
Actually, just noticed that my Project Brutality is also using UDV v1.84 and isn't draining armour. On checking the readme file it says "Optional Armor drain when using Flashlight". So there must be an option to switch the draining on and off, but I can't see one in the in-game settings. Maybe in the ini file?
Ah, found it.

With the game loaded, go to Options, then the UDV HUD Options, then the Tools Options. There is a slider for the minimum armour required in order to use the flashlight. If that is set to 0 then the flashlight doesn't drain armour.
Post edited June 11, 2016 by korell
korell: Ah, found it.

With the game loaded, go to Options, then the UDV HUD Options, then the Tools Options. There is a slider for the minimum armour required in order to use the flashlight. If that is set to 0 then the flashlight doesn't drain armour.
I had the min armour set at 15 & light position set as shoulder (my thinking was when armour dipped that low it would be like that shoulder armour was disabled) I didn't count on that being the power for the light

I'll mark the quoted post as the solution.