It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have the remote, I use the remote with my fastes char (sleepy, sleepy, happy), it says it's weapon are deactivated and on it's next turn it uses ultrabolt... always. The mages do nothing to recharge it, it just ignores the comands of the remote. Bug or did I something wrong.
Okay, I beat it. Deactivate weapons does not work for me, but discharge did. Strange.
could of simply blown it up the old fashioned way.
darthspudius: could of simply blown it up the old fashioned way.
I'm playing in tactician mode and I don't know if there was something I was missing but not only is keeping the NPCs that follow you from dying impossible, but 2-4 of my characters would die every time the robot would attack with electricity. I tried using the deactivated command with all companions but the initiative kept switching around and eventually the robot would get recharged and attack/kill me.

What worked for me was looking up what USED to be the command in the original game and used that which worked and got the robot's weapons truly deactivated and only able to melee attack. I don't know if this change was intentional, or the command from the original game is a leftover they forgot to fully remove. I hope it's not a bug because the fight is pretty ridiculous otherwise.
There is a command that discharges electricity. Use that to deactivate ultrabolt. The other command (deactivate weapons) didn't wokr for me either, it still attacked like normal =/