It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

We use this particular version: 3.6.58.1306 of D:OS2 and still GOG Galaxy is downloading a 4.3 GiB update... in a loop, because when it finishes to download, it starts downloading it again!

As far as I know, we have the last stable version, right?

So... what is wrong? Knowing that it takes us about four hours to download this update so we would like to solve this problem :)

Re-starting GOG Galaxy does not have any effect, even when we cancel the update: it comes back then after.

Thank you for your answers!
Mornagest: As far as I know, we have the last stable version, right?
Yes.
Try disabling automatic updates. In Galaxy, select the game, click More and select Settings, then uncheck automatic updates (and leave the current version selected).
In Galaxy 2.0, select the game, then the settings icon at the top right (beside the Play button) and under Manage Installation select 'Configure...', uncheck Auto-updates and leave the most recent version selected.

If that doesn't help, try reverting to the previous version, verify files, update and verify files again.
Hi Raze Larian,

Thank you for your answer :) I use the 2.0 version of GOG Galaxy (sorry for the lack of information). So I tried your tip but I found the "Auto-update" button non-clickable. So it is checked, but I cannot uncheck it.

I believe this is due to the fact that DOS2 is trying to update while I want to uncheck that button, but when I ask GOG Galaxy to stop this update, it tells me that the update is deleted, but it still appears on the window and I'm still unable to act on the settings.

I attach some snapshots here.

I didn't find where on GOG Galaxy I can find the exact version number of the game but I can assure you it's the 3.6.58.1306 showed on main screen.

Thank you again !
Attachments:
Mornagest: I found the "Auto-update" button non-clickable.
Try stopping the D:OS 2 update, then disable auto updates in general (at least long enough to troubleshoot this problem). In Galaxy click on the gear icon in the top left and select Settings, then in the 'Game features' section, uncheck 'Auto-update games'.

In the game settings, once you have it set not to auto update, there should be a list of game versions there (by default the current and next most recent, with a link to show an additional 3 versions.
Post edited May 10, 2020 by Raze_Larian
Hi Raze Larian,

Thank you again for your answer. I aborted DOS2 update, then unchecked general auto-updates as you mentionned, restarted even Windows to be sure there wouldn't be a residual daemon, then re-ran GOG Galaxy and... it stills auto-downloads an update. Odd...

Here are two snapshots : on the second one, you can see there'a a list of available version for DOS2, but I cannot select them since it is already downloading one without my permission. Bad boy !
Attachments:
Mornagest: and... it stills auto-downloads an update.
Can you cancel the update again and then select a previous version?
Can you disable wifi or pull the ethernet cable temporarily, to see if that will get Galaxy to stop due to lack of internet access (ie time out rather than keep trying to restart)? Alternately, changing firewall permissions may do the same.
Hi Raze Larian,

I tried by unplugging the Ethernet cable and could then abort the update. Halas, there was no way to select the game version when I was offline.

I double checked the auto-update where off...

So I re-plugged the cable in and the update restarted instantly ! :(

Then I can still see the other game versions, but they cannot be selected while downloading... and still the abortion of the update cannot achieve.

Am I cursed ? :D

Thank you for your help !

EDIT : OK, I had to restart GOG Galaxy twice but now it doesn't make auto update ! I chose the four-months old version : 3.6.54.8890b.

Just have to wait the update to be downloaded... then download the last one.
Post edited May 22, 2020 by Mornagest