It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there a way to allow two PC's on the same network to access Battle.net?

As it is right now because Battle.net still uses that ancient 6112 port, only one device can access Battle.net at a time, but if there is a workaround available I'd love to hear it.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Yes. The game binds port 6112 on your system, but that does not constrain the port used on the NAT device to talk to the server. The battle.net server should note what port you sent from, and tell prospective peers to use that port.

In detail:
- No changes on your Windows systems.
- On the NAT device, configure it to map external UDP/6112 to system #1. Map external UDP/6113 to system #2's internal IP with UDP/6112. Extend as necessary. Note that the internal port is always 6112, regardless of the external port you assign. You don't specifically need the secondary systems to be 6112+N, but it's easier to reason about if you do. The key points are that you need each internal system to have a unique external port on your shared external IP, and preferably have those unique external ports be stable over time. (So if Alice gets 6112, Bob gets 6113, and Charlie gets 6114 today, and tomorrow Bob doesn't play, Charlie still gets 6114 tomorrow.) That's not a hard requirement in all cases, but it makes it easier to reason about and is never wrong.
- On the NAT device, ensure that traffic from inside the network destined to the external IP is appropriately routed back to the right internal host. If you skip this step, people inside cannot play in the same game (but each could play concurrently in distinct games). In some cases, if you skip this step, people inside can sort of enter the same game, but the experience will be so terrible that you wouldn't actually play. Avoid the confusion and don't skip this step. :)

It may help you to note that Starcraft/Brood War had the same limitations and same solutions, so if you find online guidance on how to solve this for Brood War, you can follow the same instructions for Diablo.

If you need more help, please describe your NAT device in more detail so someone can figure out how to make these configuration changes. There is a small chance that low-end consumer devices will lack the configurability to let you do as I described. Hopefully, such devices have all been retired by now.
If this dosn't work for you DevilutionX only requires the host to expose port 6112 when playing over TCP.
https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/releases

Note that all players must use the same version of DevilutionX and you won't be able to play strangers over Bnet.
advowson: Yes. The game binds port 6112 on your system, but that does not constrain the port used on the NAT device to talk to the server. The battle.net server should note what port you sent from, and tell prospective peers to use that port.

In detail:
- No changes on your Windows systems.
- On the NAT device, configure it to map external UDP/6112 to system #1. Map external UDP/6113 to system #2's internal IP with UDP/6112. Extend as necessary. Note that the internal port is always 6112, regardless of the external port you assign. You don't specifically need the secondary systems to be 6112+N, but it's easier to reason about if you do. The key points are that you need each internal system to have a unique external port on your shared external IP, and preferably have those unique external ports be stable over time. (So if Alice gets 6112, Bob gets 6113, and Charlie gets 6114 today, and tomorrow Bob doesn't play, Charlie still gets 6114 tomorrow.) That's not a hard requirement in all cases, but it makes it easier to reason about and is never wrong.
- On the NAT device, ensure that traffic from inside the network destined to the external IP is appropriately routed back to the right internal host. If you skip this step, people inside cannot play in the same game (but each could play concurrently in distinct games). In some cases, if you skip this step, people inside can sort of enter the same game, but the experience will be so terrible that you wouldn't actually play. Avoid the confusion and don't skip this step. :)

It may help you to note that Starcraft/Brood War had the same limitations and same solutions, so if you find online guidance on how to solve this for Brood War, you can follow the same instructions for Diablo.

If you need more help, please describe your NAT device in more detail so someone can figure out how to make these configuration changes. There is a small chance that low-end consumer devices will lack the configurability to let you do as I described. Hopefully, such devices have all been retired by now.

Not working for me, unfortunately. Both computers work 6112 to 6112, but if I try any external port that isn't 6112 to internal port 6112 it does not work. I allowed inbound traffic for UDP between 6112-6119 on my firewall as well. Blizz only accepting 6112 inbound...?

Screenshot of config attached.

-SpaceBass
Attachments:
d1ports.jpg (239 Kb)
Post edited March 20, 2019 by SpaceBass
This is how I solved being able to play Diablo 1 with my girlfriend over the same network router.

Router setup, Open port 6112 for the first computer/IP>Login to Battle.net.

Wait a few minutes.

Back to router setup, change so that port 6112 is open for the second computer/IP>Login to Battle.net.
Post edited July 22, 2019 by Loganix