It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Descent II let's you change resolutions in the menu and I have to say it looks absolutely killer at 640x480.
Descent I doesn't have a menu option to change this. Can you run it at higher than the default 320x240 (I think) resolution? I noticed there was a setup.exe file in the /descent directory but it won't execute under Vista 64.
If memory serves, Descent 1 doesn't support anything higher.
You can use the DXX-Rebirth source port (for both D1 and D2) to get nice shiny high resolution graphics.
As for setup, check the start menu shortcuts. The installer should have provided one that runs it through dosbox.
Thanks! DXX-Rebirth is great. 1024x768 is quite a step up from 320x200. :O
Shame the original can't go any higher. I will probably stick with the original to satisfy my desire to stay as close to the original as possible. Thanks for the suggestion though.
ZamFear: If memory serves, Descent 1 doesn't support anything higher.
You can use the DXX-Rebirth source port (for both D1 and D2) to get nice shiny high resolution graphics.
As for setup, check the start menu shortcuts. The installer should have provided one that runs it through dosbox.

Your memory serves bad, I clearly remember, that D1 with latest patch (1.5 I think) allows to run game in up to 640x480 resolution. It can't be changed directly in game options, but you must run game with some parameter mentioned somwhere in readme or patch readme.
Post edited September 16, 2009 by Patejl
Ah, you are correct. The command line option is -640x480. Added in version 1.4.