It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am using the latest GOG version of the game, and I have found that I have to click several times before I can pick up any items from my inventory, and later discovered that this was a bug of the updated game engine. My Windows 10 desktop is set to a refresh rate of 144Hz, and I have verified that the game is running @ 144Fps with vsync.

Setting my desktop refresh rate to 60Hz fixes the clicking problem, but introduces a laggy mouse cursor and choppy
background scrolling (camera scrolling if you will) in the game.

All 3 games of the series are affected, and I have played them before on high refresh rate monitors but I don't remember encountering this problem.

I'm using a radeon 290X with the latest 16.2 crimson drivers.

(If you want to reply about how 60Hz is just fine or the characteristics of the human eye or the game's fixed animation rates, please don't bother and move along, thanks!)
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
btregele: I am using the latest GOG version of the game, and I have found that I have to click several times before I can pick up any items from my inventory, and later discovered that this was a bug of the updated game engine. My Windows 10 desktop is set to a refresh rate of 144Hz, and I have verified that the game is running @ 144Fps with vsync.

Setting my desktop refresh rate to 60Hz fixes the clicking problem, but introduces a laggy mouse cursor and choppy
background scrolling (camera scrolling if you will) in the game.

All 3 games of the series are affected, and I have played them before on high refresh rate monitors but I don't remember encountering this problem.

I'm using a radeon 290X with the latest 16.2 crimson drivers.

(If you want to reply about how 60Hz is just fine or the characteristics of the human eye or the game's fixed animation rates, please don't bother and move along, thanks!)
A little over a year after the OP, but what the hell ^^

Yes, unfortunately I confirm this issue :( For me it's with an NVIDIA card and GSync monitor. Toggling to 60Hz 'solves' the issue, indeed.
I didn't notice any lagging mouse, luckily. Still annoying I have to throttle though...
Post edited March 09, 2017 by SirMcLoki
They don't care, they are blaming the game engine which is a third party product they chose to use.

========================================================================================

Hello <name>,

thank you for contacting the Daedalic Support.

Thank you very much for your feedback! We forwarded your email to the developers of the Visionaire engine, this will hopefully help the Visionaire developers to solve this issue. Unfortunately, there's no work-around for this issue since it is a problem caused by the engine itself.

We apologize sincerely for this inconvenience and hope that you can still enjoy the Deponia series! =)

Kind regards,

Your Daedalic Support Team

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: <name> [mailto:<email>]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 28. Februar 2016 12:58
An: Support <support@daedalic.de>
Betreff: Deponia series, encountered bug on high refresh rate displays

Hello,

I'd like to report a bug that I encountered with the deponia games, when I wanted to re-play them in anticipation of the latest announced deponia title.

The problem is that I cannot pick up items from my inventory with a single mouse click as intended, but instead I need to click the desired item 2-3 sometimes 6 times before it will get picked up by the mouse cursor.

I have found that this issue will only occur when the underlying OS refresh rate is higher than 60Hz thus enabling the game to run at higher framerates because of vsync.

I have tested 100Hz, 120Hz and 144Hz and all of these modes cause the issue described above.

Steps to reproduce on deponia 1:
1. Set your windows refresh rate to 144Hz (Get supported hardware if not
available)
2. Configure and enable a framerate monitoring utility for deponia.exe such as Fraps / MSI afterburner / Steam overlay 3. Start deponia.exe 4. While the game is running, confirm that your game is running at 144FPS using the configured framerate monitoring utility. (except for the intro and cutscene videos which will always run at 25FPS) 5. Start a new game 6. Skip the tutorial and start chapter 1 7. Collect a couple of items from the starting area 8. Open the inventory 9. Do the following procedure with every item in the inventory:
Left click the item exactly once to pick it up, move the mouse cursor around without closing the inventory and then right click anywhere to unassing the item from the mouse cursor.

Expected behaviour:
Every time an item is clicked on, it is picked up by the mouse cursor.

Actual behaviour:
The item is not picked up every time it's clicked on, sometimes requiring several clicks to pick up.

Could you please verify this problem and get back to me with a workaround / fix if applicable?

Thanks!
<name>

Game version:

Deponia GOG

DEPONIA Installer 3.3.1357 (GOG-10) 1.6 GB
Game version 3.3.1357
Visionaire Player for Deponia Version 4.2

deponia.exe
CRC-32: 4d4a8964
MD4: 6295eb6c08e1a5a43d7aedd5ff3021b2
MD5: e27984e2da2db01e9af8a568ce665d26
SHA-1: 1d467affc791bfa1b12e4e0def2466b5bd388c66

System specs:
Windows 10 x64
Intel i7 6700K @ default clock
MSI Z170A-XPOWER-GAMING
16GB DDR4
Asus Radeon 290X
BenQ XL2720Z @ 1080p 144Hz

=============================================================================
btregele: They don't care, they are blaming the game engine which is a third party product they chose to use.

========================================================================================

Hello <name>,

thank you for contacting the Daedalic Support.

Thank you very much for your feedback! We forwarded your email to the developers of the Visionaire engine, this will hopefully help the Visionaire developers to solve this issue. Unfortunately, there's no work-around for this issue since it is a problem caused by the engine itself.

We apologize sincerely for this inconvenience and hope that you can still enjoy the Deponia series! =)

Kind regards,

Your Daedalic Support Team
Almost 7 years later and this is still a problem (having to click multiple times in order to select an inventory item) on GOG Galaxy, Mac OS, running the latest edition of Deponia. Unfortunately on Mac graphics options are limited, I don't see a way to adjust the Hz rate. Any other way to solve this on Mac?
Post edited February 14, 2024 by csmalex
Not a problem with the game. So it will stay for another 7 years. Absolute Vsync/Gsync/etc and more some pseudo-gaming monitors enhancments (Samsung and many else) are the issue.

Im not familiar with solving this on Mac. Try looking to AppleGamingWiki and compatibility DB website linked there (DB website like ProtinDB and WindeDB have commentaries how to solve something). Try PCGamingWiki article about FPS (fps limiting section - there is tools list maybe there is some crossplatform).

Try looking to ProtonDB and WineDB (links on PCGW each game articles) for Linux solutions and maybe you find similaries to Mac solutions.

Or just googleit "How to limit FPS on Mac".

Any *-sync/vsync and else display enhancments should be turned off on display menu itself and any drivers/OS Control Panels. They are absolute. Especially if you want to keep highes HZ but keep limited FPS.

FPS and HZ are absolutely differ things, and not close_/at all related. Still 95% guides on google and even PCGW/AppleGW made by lamers who cant see a difference in lletters of this differ terms. Even official supports are lamers. Still do not lurk for how reduce HZ - it wont solve the issues and make worse. Lurk for how reduce FPS and turn off Vsync/Gsync. If instruction titled as limit FPS but going to tell about HZ - it's wrong guide.