It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi everyone!

I recently upgraded my system from elementaryOS freya (0.3.2) which is based on Ubuntu 14.04 to elementaryOS loki (4.0), which is based on Ubuntu 16.04.
The former ran DOTT without problems, now it won't start.
When I try to run the start script via shell, I get the following error (translated from German, sorry):

start.sh: line 16: 5155 Memory access error (core dumped) ./"Dott" [Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)]

Anybody knows what to do with that?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Hi,

i have the same Problem on Linux Mint 18 x64.
Installation works fine and i can start the game, but when i click on the left door to start a new game, it crashes with a "Speicherzugriffsfehler", which is the german word for a "Segmentation fault".
Are there any libs missing?
Any idea?
hillar: Hi,

i have the same Problem on Linux Mint 18 x64.
Installation works fine and i can start the game, but when i click on the left door to start a new game, it crashes with a "Speicherzugriffsfehler", which is the german word for a "Segmentation fault".
Are there any libs missing?
Any idea?
The same for me. Once clicked on the door a segmentation fault exit the game. I'm using version 1.4
Hi hi!

What version of Mesa are you running? As mentioned in the readme, you'll need Mesa version 11.2.2 or higher (11.1.4 will work, as will some 11.0.x versions, but anything between 11.1.4 and 11.2.2 is likely to cause problems).

On some distros you may need to install a "PPA" to get access to a compatible Mesa version. If you're running a Ubuntu based distro, the xorg edgers PPA might be a good option ( [url=https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ubuntu/ppa]https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ubuntu/ppa[/url] ).

Hope this helps!

Edit: It also looks like this thread was made before the last patch was released. In that, I prevented some segfaults that were being caused by FMOD not picking a sensible audio device with certain ALSA configurations. That was typically before the main menu though - if anybody who experienced that comes across this thread, check out the new `--audio-devices` and `--audio-device N` options for specifying which device the game should use.
Post edited October 20, 2016 by cheeseness
Hi,

today i managed to get it up and running on my Linux Mint 18 only by installing the new "amdgpu-pro" drivers, version 16.40, which replace the previous installed radeon drivers. These new driver works with my Radeon HD 7790 (Bonaire), even if it is not listed in the compatibility list of AMD.
Hope this helps somebody!
hillar: today i managed to get it up and running on my Linux Mint 18 only by installing the new "amdgpu-pro" drivers
Good to hear you're up and running!

I strongly suspect that you would have been able to get the F/OSS Radeon driver up and running by installing newer Mesa libs - the problem was in a part of Mesa that the Radeon driver uses. If that's something you end up trying, I'd definitely be interested to hear how that works out.