It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any idea what would be causing this?

Screenshot attached. I've made video of it in action, but GOG won't let me post this w/ a youtube link for some reason.

Edit: Hmmm, looks like it won't post the screenshot either :/ Video can be found at youtube > /n-_ftBr8114
Post edited March 18, 2023 by nin808.448
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Are you playing with RayTracing ON and / or DLSS ON? Those flickers typically happen when the game cannot decide on how to light or display an object.

I've seen it several times in the game myself, usually in the desert and against static game objects, and standing still while the sun moved over it. Disabling RT and DLSS and reducing shadows usually takes care of it.

It's nothing to worry about, if that was your concern. There is nothing wrong with your GPU or drivers, this is just a visual glitch within the game itself. Which, ironcally, mostly happens on higher graphics settings. :)

As for the attachment, while it says "2 MB max", that is apparently a 1 MB limit.
Ray tracing is off. It does it regardless of DLSS being on or off (I use the Performance setting).

Seems like that room is the only place it's really done it so far, but I'll try lowering my shadows and see if that fixes it. I've started new games I-don't-know-how-many times, and this is the first time I've noticed it. Maybe it's some new glitch w/ the lastest nvidia drivers and my card.

Thanks for the response!
nin808.448: I've started new games I-don't-know-how-many times, and this is the first time I've noticed it. Maybe it's some new glitch w/ the lastest nvidia drivers and my card.
DLSS is basically software resolution upscaling, so that is by its very definition going to cause some sort of visual issues.
Which is why I keep it disabled at all times - the frequent flickering as textures almost shimmered into proper clarity when moving around quickly gave me a headache.

It's not your drivers. I am still on 526.47 for my RTX 3080, and I have this flickering issue only in certain places and under certain lighting conditions.
Post edited March 20, 2023 by PaladinNO
So I keep going back to this save from time to time and testing different configurations to see what might cause/fix it. Turns out it raytracing being OFF that causes it. What's even more strange, is that even w/ raytracing on, there's a little bit of a glitch, although not as noticeable, unless I turn on the path tracing preview as well. That fixes it completely. Kind of a shame - raytracing is pretty but i usually don't notice it enough to keep it on for the performance hit.