It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
OR at least another thing worth trying. Might actually work by mitigating CPU bottlenecks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kccabx/hey_cd_projekt_red_i_think_you_shipped_the_wrong/

Credit goes to redditor u/ThePhoenixRoyal

1. Got to main game folder/engine/config

2. Edit memory_pool_budgets.csv (wordpad is enough) from the measly amount CDPR allocated to something that will better fit your configuration

For example for me (16GB Ram and GTX 1660TI with 6GB Ram)

WAS: PC
PoolCPU ; 1536MB ;
PoolGPU ; 3GB

Changed it to:
PC
PoolCPU ; 10GB ;
PoolGPU ; 6GB

Ram utilisation went up to 10GB, video card memory to 4.9 (hovered around 3)

PoolGPU can be as high as your cards memory, but leave some RAM for your system. I have 16 GB, so I decided 10GB is enough.

It bumped up my FPS by an average 10 on the same settings (same save, same place), but people with much stronger cards get DOUBLE performance boost (quote "Went from 55-65fps outside in the city to 95-110 on a 3090").

Some people see no difference though, so YMMV, depending on what you have. Until CDPR makes this automatic try it out yourselves.
Don't overdo it, game will crash :)
Post edited December 13, 2020 by Akachi
I love how people are discovering all the tricks CDPR used to slow down the game to make us buy new Intel and NVIDIA hardware.

I hope with the next patch they will disable the "buy new hardware" mode.
Post edited December 13, 2020 by ivanx
In addition, you can also Hex-edit the game executable, described here:

https://videocardz.com/newz/cyberpunk-2077-gets-fps-boost-with-a-patch-for-amd-ryzen-cpus

This made the game use all 24 threads on my 3900X. You'll have to test for yourself if this improves performance on your system.

Only use it if you have Ryzen CPU

Run the game as admin after applying the fix.
Post edited December 14, 2020 by AZaph_gog
ivanx: I love how people are discovering all the tricks CDPR used to slow down the game to make us buy new Intel and NVIDIA hardware.

"Tricks to slow down the game"? Are you serious? They are exposing a variable that controls a memory pool in a file two folders deep into your game directory, it's not exactly hidden OR rocket science...
I wish this did something to my game but I saw absolutely no difference.
Basically they released the pc version with a gimped console config. This is so laughably bad
ivanx: I love how people are discovering all the tricks CDPR used to slow down the game to make us buy new Intel and NVIDIA hardware.

camozzato: "Tricks to slow down the game"? Are you serious? They are exposing a variable that controls a memory pool in a file two folders deep into your game directory, it's not exactly hidden OR rocket science...
I'm overeacting. Those variables may not be related to the engine at all. Some people suggested that it is a placebo and restarting the game just recovers the leaked memory and hence the better performance after loading with the new memory settings.
Post edited December 14, 2020 by ivanx
camozzato: "Tricks to slow down the game"? Are you serious? They are exposing a variable that controls a memory pool in a file two folders deep into your game directory, it's not exactly hidden OR rocket science...
ivanx: I'm overeacting. Those variables may not be related to the engine at all. Some people suggested that it is a placebo and restarting the game just recovers the leaked memory and hence the better performance after loading with the new memory settings.
I think this is exactly what's going on. CP always runs worse over time for me, yet the first time I run it that day it's perfect.
Post edited December 14, 2020 by FourDyce
MrGlasses: I wish this did something to my game but I saw absolutely no difference.
YMMV

From what I saw this mostly works with older cpu's and higher end graphic cards.

If it doesn't improve general performance it should at least improve your 1% and 0,1 % fps.
AZaph_gog: In addition, you can also Hex-edit the game executable, described here:

https://videocardz.com/newz/cyberpunk-2077-gets-fps-boost-with-a-patch-for-amd-ryzen-cpus

This made the game use all 24 threads on my 3900X. You'll have to test for yourself if this improves performance on your system.

Only use it if you have Ryzen CPU

Run the game as admin after applying the fix.
EDIT: Just realised you already posted this fix.

After making the changes in the CSV and the Hex Editor, I am now running this game on Ultra at 60 fps (1080p)!

My specs are:

Ryzen 1600 3.5Ghz (overclocked)
16 GB of RAM
AMD R9 Fury (4 GB VRAM)
2 TB SSD

Honestly, this thread should be pinned!
Post edited December 14, 2020 by GhostFinn
Akachi: OR at least another thing worth trying. Might actually work by mitigating CPU bottlenecks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kccabx/hey_cd_projekt_red_i_think_you_shipped_the_wrong/

Credit goes to redditor u/ThePhoenixRoyal

1. Got to main game folder/engine/config

2. Edit memory_pool_budgets.csv (wordpad is enough) from the measly amount CDPR allocated to something that will better fit your configuration

For example for me (16GB Ram and GTX 1660TI with 6GB Ram)

WAS: PC
PoolCPU ; 1536MB ;
PoolGPU ; 3GB

Changed it to:
PC
PoolCPU ; 10GB ;
PoolGPU ; 6GB

Ram utilisation went up to 10GB, video card memory to 4.9 (hovered around 3)

PoolGPU can be as high as your cards memory, but leave some RAM for your system. I have 16 GB, so I decided 10GB is enough.

It bumped up my FPS by an average 10 on the same settings (same save, same place), but people with much stronger cards get DOUBLE performance boost (quote "Went from 55-65fps outside in the city to 95-110 on a 3090").

Some people see no difference though, so YMMV, depending on what you have. Until CDPR makes this automatic try it out yourselves.
Don't overdo it, game will crash :)
it doesn't do anything for my 32gb and 8gbVRAM
editing the memory_pool_budgets.csv file didn't make any difference to the framerate for me.
Woh doggy!

Between this and the running in compatability mode win7, it's working! :-D

Now I'll try turning off win7 compat mode and see if just this is enough.
Neither the config change nor the hex edited EXE made a difference for me, 3900X and Nvidia 3090.

It did feel like loading was quicker, but I was getting audio problems (turns out unrelated) so I undid all the changes and the loading time was the same, so just a placebo for me.
Same here - no change with i7-6700k and RTX 3090.