It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey everyone/GOG,

I am getting a persistent crash to desktop issue where randomly while playing the game will simply crash to desktop and prompt me to send an error report. When digging through the log file myself, best I can ascertain is that it's a display driver crash. If I reinstall my graphics driver, the problem goes away! I can play for 5-10 hours or all night without issue. However, the second I restart my PC, it's all over again - I have to reinstall my graphics drivers just to get it to go longer than 10 minutes without a CTD.

It's an easy problem to fix but I'm super tired of reinstalling my graphics driver every day just to play Cyberpunk. Has anyone else run into this/know what the solution would be? I can attach a log file if that would help.

Thanks.
You shouldn't have to keep reinstalling your drivers, that's crazy, anyway here's what I posted in another thread regarding this issue:

Try using GeForce Experience to optimise your graphics settings, it seems to have worked for me.
TheDogCatcher: You shouldn't have to keep reinstalling your drivers, that's crazy, anyway here's what I posted in another thread regarding this issue:

Try using GeForce Experience to optimise your graphics settings, it seems to have worked for me.
I'll give it a try, but GeForce Experience seems to think I prefer a 30 fps experience over a 60 FPS one and cranks some settings up too high.
If it's a driver crash, then likely broken hardware, as drivers version 460 are stable. And you need minimum of 460.79 to play CB2077.

If it's not driver, which is most likely, there has been 2 common issues with crashes.

1. Corrupt files.
Verify game data file for that.
2. Incompatible Windows version. The game hasn't been stable on Windows 7 for most users. Needs Windows 10.
Upgrade to Windows 10 by making clean install using Windows 7 key. It's free.
Post edited December 17, 2020 by coth_rus
70 hours in and not a single crash due to nvidia drivers but we most likely have different gpu's,i'm still rocking my GTX 1080 (so is my brother and has hasn't had any crashes either).
coth_rus: If it's a driver crash, then likely broken hardware, as drivers version 460 are stable. And you need minimum of 460.79 to play CB2077.

If it's not driver, which is most likely, there has been 2 common issues with crashes.

1. Corrupt files.
Verify game data file for that.
2. Incompatible Windows version. The game hasn't been stable on Windows 7 for most users. Needs Windows 10.
Upgrade to Windows 10 by making clean install using Windows 7 key. It's free.
Never crashes on any other game. Rigorously tested others to be sure. Verified game data files already, nothing changed.

Only thing that lets me play for hours instead of minutes is reinstalling the drivers and ticking the box for clean install. Then I can play all day until I restart again. No idea why.

I'm on Windows 10 Version 20H2.

Also, tried the suggestion above about letting GeForce Experience optimize. Did not work, just crashed.

I'm running on a 2080 Ti on the latest 460.89 from 12/15. Not a new issue to this driver, also had it on the Cyberpunk release driver on 12/10.
I'm a Radeon 5700 XT user but will share what solved my random crashes to desktop accompanied by an AMD driver timeout error. As soon as I applied an auto-undervolt to my GPU I've been 100% stable. Not one single crash in 15 or so hours of play.

When I was getting regular crashes during one session in particular I ran up some overlays and observed the obvious - this game trashes my GPU like no other. The undervolt has helped me.
TheDogCatcher: You shouldn't have to keep reinstalling your drivers, that's crazy, anyway here's what I posted in another thread regarding this issue:

Geforce Experience is telemetry in a fancy ui it does not optimise.
peppermintl2k5: I'm a Radeon 5700 XT user but will share what solved my random crashes to desktop accompanied by an AMD driver timeout error. As soon as I applied an auto-undervolt to my GPU I've been 100% stable. Not one single crash in 15 or so hours of play.

When I was getting regular crashes during one session in particular I ran up some overlays and observed the obvious - this game trashes my GPU like no other. The undervolt has helped me.
Hm. I'll look into this. I do have a very small overclock on my 2080 Ti, and I didn't even think to try resetting it to stock and seeing how it performs.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot and report back today if it crashes.
high rated
I modified the file C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\memory_pool_budgets.csv
with the following changes in the column PC

PoolCPU ; 16GB (which is about two thirds of my total RAM of 24GB)
PoolGPU ; 8GB (which is the full RAM of my RTX2060S)

Since that, no more crashes.
peppermintl2k5: I'm a Radeon 5700 XT user but will share what solved my random crashes to desktop accompanied by an AMD driver timeout error. As soon as I applied an auto-undervolt to my GPU I've been 100% stable. Not one single crash in 15 or so hours of play.

Hey man, if you still using this forum. I want to say thank you for your reply. I tried undervolt my GPU and the game has stopped crashing.
Thank you.

nluan711: Hey man, if you still using this forum. I want to say thank you for your reply. I tried undervolt my GPU and the game has stopped crashing.
Thank you.
Just caught this post now. You're welcome and glad it helped you.