It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So why do I get a pointless launcher that spams me to upgrade to the 'Ultimate' edition when i've already bought it? My account says I have 'Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition' so why doesn't it know?

I updated from 2.11 (whole game install not a patch) to 2.12 using the patch files and it has broken the game, says Phantom Liberty has file a validation error [error:8] and does not match the base games version and won't let me load my save as it says Phantom Liberty is not installed?

Did anyone test this patch or are they just doing what Microsoft do and let end users alpha test their junk updates?

What a clusterf*ck!!
WebJunkie: So why do I get a pointless launcher that spams me to upgrade to the 'Ultimate' edition when i've already bought it? My account says I have 'Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition' so why doesn't it know?

I updated from 2.11 (whole game install not a patch) to 2.12 using the patch files and it has broken the game, says Phantom Liberty has file a validation error [error:8] and does not match the base games version and won't let me load my save as it says Phantom Liberty is not installed?

Did anyone test this patch or are they just doing what Microsoft do and let end users alpha test their junk updates?

What a clusterf*ck!!
Yeah I got the same thing - what the fck. Also now it constantly says I had mods and my files could be corrupt - but I don't!
WebJunkie: So why do I get a pointless launcher that spams me to upgrade to the 'Ultimate' edition when i've already bought it? My account says I have 'Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition' so why doesn't it know?

What a clusterf*ck!!
DrunkMonkey99: Yeah I got the same thing - what the fck. Also now it constantly says I had mods and my files could be corrupt - but I don't!
Yeah, I feel your pain mate, what a joke! So how do I verify game files when I don't use/want Galaxy?

I can't even install Patch 2.12 again as it says it's already installed! So basically i've got to uninstall everything, re-download the whole game + PL at 2.12 and install that and hope it installs and p!ays without any issues!

What I don't understand is why my save is a Phantom Liberty save, I didn't choose to play Phantom Liberty unless choosing 'Corpo' during character creation is the reason?
Post edited March 02, 2024 by WebJunkie
You do realize that the patch only patches the base game, right? Meaning, you still have to redownload and install Phantom Liberty version 2.12. GOG never released any patch for the DLC....ever. This is the same process that it has been since Phantom Liberty came out. So...again....you still need to redownload Phantom Liberty 2.12 even after patching the base.
RizzoCuoco: You do realize that the patch only patches the base game, right? Meaning, you still have to redownload and install Phantom Liberty version 2.12. GOG never released any patch for the DLC....ever. This is the same process that it has been since Phantom Liberty came out. So...again....you still need to redownload Phantom Liberty 2.12 even after patching the base.
No, I didn't realize that so thanks for pointing it out. It's not made clear you have to do that on the page in my Library so that's a shocking oversight on GOG's part then if that's the case for every update, it's simply not made clear!

Well seeing as i'm re-downloading the full 2.12 game and Phantom Liberty to install that problem won't appear until they patch the game again!

So you download a 1.7GB patch for the main game and then have to download and install the full 38.5GB DLC to update that, but you're not told you have to do that, don't you just love clarity!!
RizzoCuoco: You do realize that the patch only patches the base game, right? Meaning, you still have to redownload and install Phantom Liberty version 2.12. GOG never released any patch for the DLC....ever. This is the same process that it has been since Phantom Liberty came out. So...again....you still need to redownload Phantom Liberty 2.12 even after patching the base.
WebJunkie: No, I didn't realize that so thanks for pointing it out. It's not made clear you have to do that on the page in my Library so that's a shocking oversight on GOG's part then if that's the case for every update, it's simply not made clear!

Well seeing as i'm re-downloading the full 2.12 game and Phantom Liberty to install that problem won't appear until they patch the game again!

So you download a 1.7GB patch for the main game and then have to download and install the full 38.5GB DLC to update that, but you're not told you have to do that, don't you just love clarity!!
I agree with you wholeheartedly, man. It is rather nonsensical and off putting. Nearly every other game here follows a set structure of patch for base game and a patch for the DLC. Knowing this....I realized right away that they were not giving patches for Phantom Lib. and avoided the problem. However, most people would not have paid much attention. I think this is the 13th topic concerning the matter. So, don't feel bad....GOG confused many, many, many folks.
WebJunkie: No, I didn't realize that so thanks for pointing it out. It's not made clear you have to do that on the page in my Library so that's a shocking oversight on GOG's part then if that's the case for every update, it's simply not made clear!

RizzoCuoco: I agree with you wholeheartedly, man. It is rather nonsensical and off putting. Nearly every other game here follows a set structure of patch for base game and a patch for the DLC. Knowing this....I realized right away that they were not giving patches for Phantom Lib. and avoided the problem. However, most people would not have paid much attention. I think this is the 13th topic concerning the matter. So, don't feel bad....GOG confused many, many, many folks.
I think it's us, the users, fault for believing GOG would do sensible updates and make everything easy so it's all our fault for falsely trusting in GOG!!

I've uninstalled it now and deleted everything including saves so won't be investing any more time in this mess!
Have now asked for a refund!

I'm not putting up with being forced to download the whole DLC again each time the main game is patched!!
Post edited March 03, 2024 by WebJunkie
Why not put out a support ticket? Despite what you may think, their tech support is pretty useful.

Also, you seem to be within a tiny part of users who've had problems with this particular patch (or others, for that matter). So putting so much blame on a developer for something that may also be partly due to your system seems a bit extreme. But you do you.
Nephilim88: Why not put out a support ticket? Despite what you may think, their tech support is pretty useful.

Also, you seem to be within a tiny part of users who've had problems with this particular patch (or others, for that matter). So putting so much blame on a developer for something that may also be partly due to your system seems a bit extreme. But you do you.
I've requested a refund, nothing else is relevant now!
Refund now given so that's the end of this episode!!
Nephilim88: Why not put out a support ticket? Despite what you may think, their tech support is pretty useful.

All other "users" just already know about this behavior of Cyberpunk and its patches.
Because since PL (2.0) the patches only patch the main game and make it "forget" that you own the Addon too.

Why ever those patches are not patching the addon.
And it was called out for the first patch - and they just did the same for every following one.

And it doesn't get better by now throwing a launcher at us that needs to start up first and just minimizing (still in the task manager, even when the game has been closed...).
Post edited March 03, 2024 by randomuser.833

randomuser.833: All other "users" just already know about this behavior of Cyberpunk and its patches.
Because since PL (2.0) the patches only patch the main game and make it "forget" that you own the Addon too.

Why ever those patches are not patching the addon.
And it was called out for the first patch - and they just did the same for every following one.

And it doesn't get better by now throwing a launcher at us that needs to start up first and just minimizing (still in the task manager, even when the game has been closed...).
*IF* they ever create patches for the DLC I'll consider buying it again but until then i'm not interested! I wasn't aware of the 'no patches for the DLC' issue as I just bought the game in the last sale and haven't followed anything surrounding this game other than the mess it was in at launch just over 3 years ago so thought it might be in a playable state by now, and look how that's turned out!!

The double launcher is another issue, the first one you can stop by using the 'Continue without account' option and the second one you can create another shortcut to the main CP EXE and use that so in effect bypassing both launchers!!
Do you not use Galaxy or something?

Like, I get using the offline installers if Galaxy isn't your jam, but they're not officially supported and are booked as a simple means of backing up your games.
Post edited March 05, 2024 by HolisticGaming
HolisticGaming: Do you not use Galaxy or something?

Like, I get using the offline installers if Galaxy isn't your jam, but they're not officially supported and are booked as a simple means of backing up your games.
I'll pass on Galaxy thanks as it's optional!