It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys,
just checked the store page for the preorder then i see the dx12 as req for the win 7 64bit.!

I've read some articles but i still confused. I've read that Microsoft has released a dx12 runtime for the win 7 users but i can't find an official download page.

Anyone can explain me how this thing work for win 7 64 user?
thanks in advance
Cris277: Hi guys,
just checked the store page for the preorder then i see the dx12 as req for the win 7 64bit.!

I've read some articles but i still confused. I've read that Microsoft has released a dx12 runtime for the win 7 users but i can't find an official download page.

thanks in advance
I search it and find this download link: https://directx12download.com/directx-12-download-windows-7-64-bit/
Hope it might help you.
By the way, why don't you just upgrade to windows 10 lol

thanks in advance
Oil-Man: I search it and find this download link: https://directx12download.com/directx-12-download-windows-7-64-bit/
Hope it might help you.
tnx for the info Oil-Man but this link lead to a "downloader manager" that ask you to install various software that are not related to direct x and after you decline all the offers it install the usual dx web updater that ceck your dx installation and tell that you have already the last version. tnx anyway

thanks in advance
Oil-Man: I search it and find this download link: https://directx12download.com/directx-12-download-windows-7-64-bit/
Hope it might help you.
I found that link also, but that's just some random sketchy site. DX12 DEFINITELY isn't available for 32 bit machines.

thanks in advance
There's a backhack for DX12 to work in win7 64 by Microsoft. It is game-dependent, which means that there's no content for you to specifically install, the game installer 'should' handle it for you.

Basically, the game has to be specifically designed to work with a specifically designed dx12 hack that mostly works on a dx11 codebase.

Don't stress too much, it's very likely to be seamless on the user end. (and super annoying on the dev end)

thanks in advance
aerinyes: There's a backhack for DX12 to work in win7 64 by Microsoft. It is game-dependent, which means that there's no content for you to specifically install, the game installer 'should' handle it for you.

Basically, the game has to be specifically designed to work with a specifically designed dx12 hack that mostly works on a dx11 codebase.

Don't stress too much, it's very likely to be seamless on the user end. (and super annoying on the dev end)
Thank you aerinyes for this clarification :) alot of fakes and confusion out there about this topic. i've heard that 40% of steam gamers (i think about 40 milions people) are still on win 7 64 , so it make sense that finally some sort of dx12 support come out for win 7. Too bad that is not a fully support but i guess that is better than nothing, i think that this time numbers played a favorable role for the gamers
Post edited December 04, 2020 by Cris277
Yes as others said, the game will unpack dx12 components for you. Win 7 is still within minimum requirement. But you should probably upgrade to Windows 10 as soon as you can. Security updates and other support for Win 7 has ended and your system is very vulnerable.