It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Title, update (the 9.9go one) is fully downloaded but has been stuck at "applying patch" for the last hour, anyone had a similar situation ?

EDIT: Well, it completed after 2h somehow
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Snakeox
Snakeox: Title, update (the 9.9go one) is fully downloaded but has been stuck at "applying patch" for the last hour, anyone had a similar situation ?
I have the same problem. The game swaps files, which is why it takes a long time. I ended up downloading the game again and it weighs 63 GB and it works
Post edited December 10, 2020 by HellTheKamil
Ive been stuck at 56.

Dann, wish there was sub forum for technical stuff.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by Cyberway
I am having a similar issue. I started the patch about 3pm and it got stuck at 90% complete. It was stuck there for over an hour and a half. I killed it and restarted it and it it resumed at 56% and got back to 90% and stopped again. I decided to let it run while I went to eat dinner. 2 hours later I am now sitting at 92%. This is a 3TB HDD, so I have plenty of space on the drive. I have not been able to figure out if there is anyway to speed up the unpacking/file swapping that is taking so long.
Mine still keeps going but Im closing 92.
Worked for me! Im ready to go in kids, tell my mommy I loved her if I dont come back.
Mine is stucking at 92% too. I know this from Steam with decrypting files. It seems this is the same method. But the play-button is active.

edit: finished and it works. :-)
Post edited December 10, 2020 by RetroFan
same problem , 92% and update doing not finish

what can i do???
Make sure you have about 60GB free on your disk before starting the patch:

https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/preload_has_to_redownload_again/post3
wuffenberg: Make sure you have about 60GB free on your disk before starting the patch:

https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/preload_has_to_redownload_again/post3
Reinstalling is the better option than to install the patch.

It's hard to believe that they changed ALL the files. This is one messed up update.
Yours worked after 2 hours? Lucky! I kept mine on for an hour, then left my PC on when I went to bed, snoozed a bunch (it's sunday) and finally woke up to it still being stuck at 92% "applying patches".

I know lots of people had this problem with the first update. But for me it just zoomed, but that was because I updated a day later than everyone. Maybe the problem is everyone updating at the same time? I'm just throwing things out there.

EDIT/UPDATE: So I paused the download, exited GOG. Went into my task manager to end all the gog tasks that were still open (think there was like 5 of them) there was a cyberpunk that was also still open, but 1/10th of the process it usually takes up. Anyways closed all that. Opened up GOG again, and it opened with it saying 100% now. It just skipped 8%?

This confuses me so damn much, but at least it's finally cleared up. They gotta fix their download system. It's worse than Steams somehow.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by LoveGiant
I was stuck at 92% even after letting it run through the night. I tried exiting GOG Galaxy and killing the processes in Task Manager as above, but when I opened it again the patch was still at 92%.

I found that there was a lingering Cyberpunk 2077 process open though, even though I'd had the game closed. Once I killed that process I watched as the update completed successfully. The game being "open" must have prevented the final push from the update, at least for my case
What's interesting, there hasn't been any noticeable network/SSD activity on my system for an hour or so, although GOG was stuck at 92% saying 'Applying patch'. I found that Cyberpunk2077.exe was somehow running while GOG was performing the update (or, stating so). Looks like it's the main executable running was that blocked the update process.

So, apparently you don't need to kill GOG client itself - you only need to kill Cyberpunk2077.exe which is somehow running while GOG is performing the update. Well, at least this worked for me.

UPD: Oops. Delayed my posting until I've made sure it's ok. kennedkj1 had pointed the solution.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by smasherchif
Had the same issue. I had tried to open the game and nothing happened. Then I checked the GoG launcher and saw that there was a patch. Update ran until it hit 92% and hung. I checked the task manager and saw CP2077 was listed. Once I killed the Cyberpunk2077.exe process, the update finished immediately and I could launch the game.
Dowload got stuck in 92% for 1 hour or so. I tried killing the download then starting again. Same issue. After that tried to end all GOg processes as mentioned here but on restart it picked up from 57% and is not going any faster...This has not happenned with the other patchs (including the 9GB one that came before this one).

WTF?