It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I cannot use the arrows keys as my movement keys? (I am left handed and i've been playing this way for 30 years).
And apparently I see other complains in the forum about some functions that cannot be rebinded at will?..

Seriously?

I don't want to have to use clunky 3rd party software to be able to bind keys as I see fit, CDPR.

Please include this in a bug list.

Regards
This is the kind of problems you will encounter in a console port videogame:

https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/will_this_game_be_just_a_console_port
NINJAMC: I cannot use the arrows keys as my movement keys? (I am left handed and i've been playing this way for 30 years).
And apparently I see other complains in the forum about some functions that cannot be rebinded at will?..

Seriously?

I don't want to have to use clunky 3rd party software to be able to bind keys as I see fit, CDPR.

Regards
... I hope this problem will have a solution, I use arrow keys in FPS since i have my first PC in the 90s ! ... CD PROJEKT®

This is a deal breaker, time for refund. I thought this was a TRUE PC GAME! CYBERPUNK 2077 is a Piece of S__T console port. WHAT A JOKE! REFUND TIME! or try and mess with this

If you use ESDF or want to try binding something to the arrow keys then you've probably noticed a pretty big problem with rebinding the controls. If you try to bind something to "f" the game won't let you. It also won't let you bind things to the up and down arrows.

The problem is that the game doesn't show you every control in the key bindings menu. Specifically, there are some things bound to these keys that aren't shown in the settings menu. For example, the "takedown button" is bound to "f" but you can't change this in the settings menu.

In order to fix this you need to go to "<Cyberpunk Game Directory>/r6/config" and open "inputUserMappings.xml". This is every control in the game — including the ones not shown in the key bindings menu.

Cyberpunk 2077: How to Change Key Bindings
Change Windows View pane to Show Hidden Files. Go C:\Users\YOU\Appdata\CDPR\CP77\Usersettings.json and edit these for arrow key usage.

How to edit Keybindings

“name”: “forward”,
“type”: “name”,
“value”: “IK_Up”,
“default_value”: “IK_W”
},
{
“name”: “back”,
“value”: “IK_Down”,
“default_value”: “IK_S”
},
{
“name”: “left”,
“value”: “IK_Left”,
“default_value”: “IK_A”
},
{
“name”: “right”,
“value”: “IK_Right”,
“default_value”: “IK_D”

CHEESY CONSOLE PORT.......SAD Very SAD CYBERPUNK IS A PIECE of CRAP CONSOLE PORT
NINJAMC: I cannot use the arrows keys as my movement keys? (I am left handed and i've been playing this way for 30 years).

Seriously?

Regards
ChrisX5: ... I hope this problem will have a solution, I use arrow keys in FPS since i have my first PC in the 90s ! ... CD PROJEKT®

This is a deal breaker, time for refund. I thought this was a TRUE PC GAME! CYBERPUNK 2077 is a Piece of S__T console port. WHAT A JOKE! REFUND TIME! or try and mess with this

If you use ESDF or want to try binding something to the arrow keys then you've probably noticed a pretty big problem with rebinding the controls. If you try to bind something to "f" the game won't let you. It also won't let you bind things to the up and down arrows.

The problem is that the game doesn't show you every control in the key bindings menu. Specifically, there are some things bound to these keys that aren't shown in the settings menu. For example, the "takedown button" is bound to "f" but you can't change this in the settings menu.

In order to fix this you need to go to "<Cyberpunk Game Directory>/r6/config" and open "inputUserMappings.xml". This is every control in the game — including the ones not shown in the key bindings menu.

Change Windows View pane to Show Hidden Files. Go C:\Users\YOU\Appdata\CDPR\CP77\Usersettings.json and edit these for arrow key usage.

How to edit Keybindings

},
{
},
{
},
{

CHEESY CONSOLE PORT.......SAD Very SAD CYBERPUNK IS A PIECE of CRAP CONSOLE PORT
Got any tip to force the character to move slower by default?
Can't stand all the jogging around like a child.
Holy crap - talk about a deal breaker. It's almost 2021 - and these guys can't make keybindings work in game?!?!
It's enough for me to not play anymore and wait until this is fixed. How hard can it be to make an interface work for computer users?!?! Back to AC Odyssey - I've got another 300 hours it seems with that one.
That's not all, there also isn't an option for toggling aim instead of holding. The most basic option in any PC fps is missing :/

Seriously?

Regards
ChrisX5: ... I hope this problem will have a solution, I use arrow keys in FPS since i have my first PC in the 90s ! ... CD PROJEKT®

How to edit Keybindings

},
{
},
{
},
{

Thank you so much, without arrow keys I wouldn't even play it.

Is there a way to change the F key? It is used every second and I can't find a way, I have to remove my left hand from the arrow keys to reach it to the F every damn time

Thank you

How to edit Keybindings

},
{
},
{
},
{

dedicado: Thank you so much, without arrow keys I wouldn't even play it.

Is there a way to change the F key? It is used every second and I can't find a way, I have to remove my left hand from the arrow keys to reach it to the F every damn time

Thank you
In the "inputUserMappings.xml" file, you can replace all instances of "IK_F" with "IK_{key}". I replaced it with "IK_Enter" to use the Enter key instead.

NOTE:::: - If you replace with "IK_Enter" there are a few sections where there will now be duplicate lines: because "Enter" was already an option there >

<button id="IK_Enter"/>
<button id="IK_Enter"/>

That might be fine, but I'd recommend manually changing one of those back to "IK_F" or removing one of the duplicates.
dedicado: Thank you so much, without arrow keys I wouldn't even play it.

Thank you
karmahero: In the "inputUserMappings.xml" file, you can replace all instances of "IK_F" with "IK_{key}". I replaced it with "IK_Enter" to use the Enter key instead.

NOTE:::: - If you replace with "IK_Enter" there are a few sections where there will now be duplicate lines: because "Enter" was already an option there >

<button id="IK_Enter"/>
<button id="IK_Enter"/>

That might be fine, but I'd recommend manually changing one of those back to "IK_F" or removing one of the duplicates.
Thank you, I already tried to search by the F key, but the only other appearance was "Exit from vehicles", Maybe I had rebinded it before and I can't remember the name of the action.

Which is the name in the .json file? I mean the talk to / take / use etc... action
Use AutoHotKey to rebind keys as you like.

Kind of feels like you guys are spitting in the face of people who don't want to conform to your WASD standard.
But what do I know, I even use RMB to move forward!

Hehehe.

Excellent game, though!