It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wanted to make a thread with suggestions to improve the items / management of them in the game. Thought this would be a good thread for something they can actually do quickly vs. some of the other more lofty suggestions. For example:

Just remove 95% of every food-type item you've made in the game:
I never used one on hard. Not once. I don't want to keep picking them all up constantly mashing "F". I don't want to sell them. I don't want to break them down. I hate how they are taking up my carrying capacity. I'm sure rendering these useless objects all over the world is also impacting performance, if slightly! ;)

Rebind the pickup key?
Did I miss something? I don't think on the version I played, I could rebind pickup "F" to a different key.

Keep the blue consumables, and add a few more:
I think I used the health booster once. That's OK. And consumables in most games would be OK. But they have to be meaningful, and useful... not copious and lackluster.

Make the consumables easier to use:
Also why I also never used them. Now that you only have 10 consumables or so left after adding some goods ones deleting 95% of them from the game... we need a hotkey and/or radial option as accessible as heals and grenades. We are not going to stop mid-fight to scroll through our inventory for a 15 second boost to whatever. No way.

Make the consumables easier to sell:
So hopefully you listen to me and 95% of the consumables are gone. You still need to rework selling items. Sell. Click. Drag slider to the right for 10 out of 10 of this item. Sell. Repeat. But it may not be as bad if there becomes just a handful of consumables, right?

Breaking down Items:
Just as tedious as selling. I guess getting rid of 95% of the consumables is the best bet here. Otherwise, if someone presses and holds Z to break down 10 coca colas or whatever, just don't prompt and make us move a dang slider-- break down all 10. Done.

Crafting Items:
Making grenades, bullets, health kits, or converting green mats > blue > purple is a nightmare because of the one at a time clicking. You can give us a quantity slider HERE that I can set to 1-50. Or you can speed the production up of the items the longer we hold the button down (and don't make us constantly have to click & re-click)

Item drops:
Look this isn't borderlands with all the guns, right? Does EVERY guy I kill have to drop a gun or armor? How about they drop a blue or better (% chance), or just cut to the chase and drop crafting mats / money and save us a step? It's a total bummer to know that I'm plowing through guys and their loot, and know that none of it is going to be exciting. At least in Borderlands, occasionally you'd get some fabulous drop that might be a fun upgrade. In this game, I pretty much kept the same things on the entire game once I found something with a decent # of mod slots. Otherwise, I was just a recycling machine. Not really a fun mechanic here, either.

Item comparisons:
Because of the way you've done things with the mods, slots, etc. On the occasions when I thought something might have been an upgrade, I didn't really bother digging in since it required a calculator. Don't even know if upgrading would really matter all that much, either. Is that orange with 2 empty mod spots better than my purple with 3 mods spots? Couldn't really tell because I had put 3 armor mods in my purple and your item comparison shows stats of my equipment with mods vs. an item with no mods... Not apples to apples.

I'll add if I remember more, since I've thought about this a lot as you can tell. Maybe others can chime in and we can help clean this area of the game up which I found curiously unfinished.