It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The interact button seems to be hardlocked to the F key. I guess that is why that key cannot be bound to anything else. I hope it's on the buglist to make that rebindable. I would love to use my mouse thumb button for this. And that will free up the F key for my EDSF movement :)
lococola: The interact button seems to be hardlocked to the F key. I guess that is why that key cannot be bound to anything else. I hope it's on the buglist to make that rebindable. I would love to use my mouse thumb button for this. And that will free up the F key for my EDSF movement :)
I'm having the same problem too. Hopefully, it's fixed.
I really hope they change this, having non rebindable keys is very out of date on a PC game. Fortunately I can remap keys directly on my KB, but not everyone can, and nobody should have to.
Same here Want to change it to E myself but can't, F is such an uncomfortable Interact button.
yea i like using number pad and arrow keys wont let me rebind forward backward to arrow keys?
I like using Middle mouse button for interacting!

using f key screwed th game hard for me!
Post edited December 10, 2020 by fr33kSh0w2012
I use the space bar for interacting; and the F key for sprint and the like, I even tried using auto-hotkey to rebind them, but it still doesn't register within the game, looks like it's been hard-coded for some idiotic reason!
This is some third rate programming right here, hard code the "use" key, let you bind left and right to the arrow keys but not up and down. I am going to refund this and try it in six months , 8 years and countless pushbacks and this is what we get.
Still waiting for my install, but it looks like the bindings are manually changeable as long as you do it in two places. Very annoying that there are binds not exposed in the UI, but better than nothing.

Copied from another topic:

>You need to edit both config files. That is if you also want to change all the prompts, like interacting with things, to a different button than F.

These are the files:
UserSettings.json in the folder C:/Users/%USERNAME%/AppData/Local/CD Projekt RED/Cyberpunk 2077 (replace %USERNAME% with your Windows username)
inputUserMappings.xml in the folder C:/Games/Cyberpunk 2077/r6/config (or wherever you installed the game)

The UserSettings.json file is for all in-game bindable keys. Here you can make sure your ESDF keys are bound properly, including F which refuses to bind in-game. Same deal if you want arrow keys, or something else that refuses to bind in-game.

The InputUserMappings.xml file hosts all keybinds. That includes functions that can't be bound in-game at all, like interact prompts.
Open in Notepad. Use Ctrl+F to search for the key you want to replace "F" interact prompts with. In my case I want Q to be interact, so I search for "IK_Q". Replace all instances with different buttons, in my case IK_W (W), as it should be free.
Then look for all instances of "IK_F". There are dozens of these. Replace them with your interact key of choice, in this case "IK_Q" for Q.
Note that you don't have to do any functions that already have a "overridableUI" value. These are all bindable in-game and controlled from the UserSettings.json file. So might as well ignore them here.

The game now properly has ESDF movement while responding to Q for interact and other prompts. Interesting to note: now Q does not rebind in-game, but it's fine as the binds are good now. Obviously you can also do the same for arrow keys and a different interact button.

Note that the inputUserMappings.XML file in the game folder may be quite likely to be replaced on updates. And there's hundreds of hardcoded binds with no bind options in-game.

This may take a while for them to fix.

>
Duplicate from Upquark. No need for this.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by 4K11R4
This is the same problem that i had in The Witcher 3. I can not play this game if i can not bind to my arrow-keys and the num-pad keys. Let alone the F key.. which is my ENTER. Why would you guys at CDPR of all people, Basically developer gods in my eyes.. make the same mistake twice ?... and disappoint so many fans ?...

Damn.. waited so long to play... and nada... any idea what a huge disappointment this is ?...

So... What am i to do ?... Are you gonna fix it quickly, (as you did in The Witcher 3), or do i ask for a refund ?....

You choose.
upquark: Still waiting for my install, but it looks like the bindings are manually changeable as long as you do it in two places. Very annoying that there are binds not exposed in the UI, but better than nothing.

Copied from another topic:

>You need to edit both config files. That is if you also want to change all the prompts, like interacting with things, to a different button than F.

These are the files:
UserSettings.json in the folder C:/Users/%USERNAME%/AppData/Local/CD Projekt RED/Cyberpunk 2077 (replace %USERNAME% with your Windows username)
inputUserMappings.xml in the folder C:/Games/Cyberpunk 2077/r6/config (or wherever you installed the game)

The UserSettings.json file is for all in-game bindable keys. Here you can make sure your ESDF keys are bound properly, including F which refuses to bind in-game. Same deal if you want arrow keys, or something else that refuses to bind in-game.

The InputUserMappings.xml file hosts all keybinds. That includes functions that can't be bound in-game at all, like interact prompts.
Open in Notepad. Use Ctrl+F to search for the key you want to replace "F" interact prompts with. In my case I want Q to be interact, so I search for "IK_Q". Replace all instances with different buttons, in my case IK_W (W), as it should be free.
Then look for all instances of "IK_F". There are dozens of these. Replace them with your interact key of choice, in this case "IK_Q" for Q.
Note that you don't have to do any functions that already have a "overridableUI" value. These are all bindable in-game and controlled from the UserSettings.json file. So might as well ignore them here.

The game now properly has ESDF movement while responding to Q for interact and other prompts. Interesting to note: now Q does not rebind in-game, but it's fine as the binds are good now. Obviously you can also do the same for arrow keys and a different interact button.

Note that the inputUserMappings.XML file in the game folder may be quite likely to be replaced on updates. And there's hundreds of hardcoded binds with no bind options in-game.

This may take a while for them to fix.

>
This worked perfectly for me. I wound up setting them to "]" or IK_BracketRight (or rightbracket, i forget) to distinguish them in my editor (I just used VS code)
Can confirm the F key works in game .

EDIT: However, I can't seem to rebind the interaction key at all. So this dual binds the f key.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by BridgeWorks
thanks for the info with editing to change the default interact key from 'F' - I'm a left hander and use the numeric keypad as movement and most other common functions, so having to constantly reach across the keyboard to press 'F' instead of my usual 'NumPlus' to interact / use etc. was really annoying.

Hopefully this will be officially updated soon.
BridgeWorks: EDIT: However, I can't seem to rebind the interaction key at all. So this dual binds the f key.
I may have originally written my explanation a bit too messily in the other thread.

UserSettings.json = in-game key binds.
InputUserMappings.xml = hardcoded hidden binds, like "interact" functions.

There is no single "interact" function. The dozens of separate default F-button functions (prompts, dialogue acceptance, item pickup, etc) in InputUserMappings.xml just give the semblance of an "interact" function when combined. Replace them all with a different key and you get a new "interact" button.

If you want to use ESDF to move, you also have to rebind the F interact buttons in InputUserMappings. I replaced all IK_F with IK_Q in that file. In your case IK_BracketRight would work. Do that in InputUserMappings; not just UserSettings.

As far as I know this should fully replace F to interact with your new interact button. I've thus far only gotten to Nomad start point to test things out, and it all works fine there. Haven't gotten further just yet as audio is beyond broken for me in-game :(
BridgeWorks: EDIT: However, I can't seem to rebind the interaction key at all. So this dual binds the f key.
ArchMechasis: I may have originally written my explanation a bit too messily in the other thread.

UserSettings.json = in-game key binds.
InputUserMappings.xml = hardcoded hidden binds, like "interact" functions.

There is no single "interact" function. The dozens of separate default F-button functions (prompts, dialogue acceptance, item pickup, etc) in InputUserMappings.xml just give the semblance of an "interact" function when combined. Replace them all with a different key and you get a new "interact" button.

If you want to use ESDF to move, you also have to rebind the F interact buttons in InputUserMappings. I replaced all IK_F with IK_Q in that file. In your case IK_BracketRight would work. Do that in InputUserMappings; not just UserSettings.

As far as I know this should fully replace F to interact with your new interact button. I've thus far only gotten to Nomad start point to test things out, and it all works fine there. Haven't gotten further just yet as audio is beyond broken for me in-game :(
Gotcha. I didn't see this because I read the duplicate reply that got deleted. Thanks.

EDIT: CAN CONFIRM the XML edit works. There were over 10 "IK_F"s I had to replace but it works.
EDIT 2: If you need to rebind E/Q keys make sure to replace those in the xml too.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by BridgeWorks