It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So far, the only way I found was using lethal grenades. Using technological weapons doesn't work, which in my honest opinion, should.

Tips?
This question / problem has been solved by Arsen7image
The grenades are a good method. The laser ones. Get those epic laser grenades and use those in every fight. You should be able to buy them from vendors.

I think people have found duplication glitches and XP farms. If you are so inclined, buy one purple laser grenade, duplicate it and go to an XP farm. I haven't really checked how to duplicate items or where the XP farms are, but I am sure the internet knows.
Shooting enemies through cover/walls/floors with a fully charged tech weapon shot will do it. You don't have to worry so much about killing them if you have the pacify mod in your Kuroshi eyes (if that's what you're going for). It's got to be through walls/cover though.

GL
Post edited January 12, 2021 by AkimboJoe
AkimboJoe: Shooting enemies through cover/walls/floors with a fully charged tech weapon shot will do it. You don't have to worry so much about killing them if you have the pacify mod in your Kuroshi eyes (if that's what you're going for). It's got to be through walls/cover though.

GL
Fully charged, damn I wasn't sure what was causing the EXP not to trigger when I use them, one of the ideas that I had was this, that you need to charge them fully in order to get that EXP.

To be honest, the EXP leveling for many skills isn't very intuitive at all... I'm still trying to level up athletics lol
AkimboJoe: Shooting enemies through cover/walls/floors with a fully charged tech weapon shot will do it. You don't have to worry so much about killing them if you have the pacify mod in your Kuroshi eyes (if that's what you're going for). It's got to be through walls/cover though.

GL
JAD2012: Fully charged, damn I wasn't sure what was causing the EXP not to trigger when I use them, one of the ideas that I had was this, that you need to charge them fully in order to get that EXP.

To be honest, the EXP leveling for many skills isn't very intuitive at all... I'm still trying to level up athletics lol
Another alternative to broken mechanics is turning off cameras manually, funny but it always gives me a engineering boost everytime.
JAD2012: Fully charged, damn I wasn't sure what was causing the EXP not to trigger when I use them, one of the ideas that I had was this, that you need to charge them fully in order to get that EXP.
I suspect that I sometimes gain engineering exp when shooting enemies with a sniper rifle - a gift from some very nice person living in Badlands. It's NOT a tech weapon, but it does shoot through (some?) walls. So, maybe shooting through walls is the trick?

The exp gain reveals itself after the fight, so it's not always obvious what had triggered it. And it requires several repeats of the action to trigger one exp gain. You know that, right?
JAD2012: [...] I'm still trying to level up athletics lol
In my case athletics grows when I run, jump, climb, or attack dead bodies with katana. Well... don't ask how I have discovered the last one. ;) On skill level 4, I needed around 21 strong attacks to gain 20 exp. And yes, it's athletics exp.
Arsen7: I suspect that I sometimes gain engineering exp when shooting enemies with a sniper rifle - a gift from some very nice person living in Badlands. It's NOT a tech weapon, but it does shoot through (some?) walls. So, maybe shooting through walls is the trick?

The exp gain reveals itself after the fight, so it's not always obvious what had triggered it. And it requires several repeats of the action to trigger one exp gain. You know that, right?
JAD2012: [...] I'm still trying to level up athletics lol
Arsen7: In my case athletics grows when I run, jump, climb, or attack dead bodies with katana. Well... don't ask how I have discovered the last one. ;) On skill level 4, I needed around 21 strong attacks to gain 20 exp. And yes, it's athletics exp.
It doesn't require several when shutting off a camera, is what i was saying.

Like Athletics, I have to do all that moving around in many ways, climbing, et cetera before it will pop with XP.

Engineering i only have to turn on or off the cameras to get the xp.
JAD2012: I'm still trying to level up athletics lol
I have not figured out what exactly gives athletics xp.

Sometimes while running it pops up. Sometimes when jumping. But not that often when just bunny hopping. I think it may require some variation. Most often I have seen it when running 300-400m, jumping over all the streets (it's faster to charged jump over side roads than to check if a car is coming), jumping over clumps of people, sliding over low obstacles, climbing over a building....

And this has led me to believe each action probably gives some amount of "hidden" xp but they have some sort of cooldown. When enough of this hidden part of xp is accumulated, then you get the Athletics xp popping up. And if you do a lot of different actions, they all cool down while you do other actions, hence the Athletics xp popping up more often. Or maybe it's placebo.

This is just a guess. To be honest, I have no clue how athletics xp works in this game.
Arsen7: attack dead bodies with katana.
Good to know. I played a Netrunner playthrough, but I am sure to try this on my melee playthrough.
Arsen7: Well... don't ask how I have discovered the last one.
What happens in Night City stays in Night City.
Post edited January 12, 2021 by frogthroat
I tested the other day, it seems the only thing that really matters is to shoot through walls. The only weapons capable of doing that are technological weapons and the antitank sniper rifle (and special variation from special someone).

So, in a nutshell, grenades and shooting through walls.
You also get xp in ingeneering when you open door or open a passge that are asking Technical Ability to be opened too. And don't forget when you manualy tun off explosives (like landmine).

They are a quest about getting a car out of a lanmine fields, it will be a real fields of getting xp, if the landmine don't get you first.... (you have about 1 secs before the mines go boom when you get into the range of the landmine detection, target it and keep the f button pressed to disarm the landmine). Once desarmed, better to save before getting to do the next one.