It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

How rpg is this game ?
How complex is this game ?
How not casual is this game ?

Everything I need to know.
Preview videos on youtube just spoiler too much.
Post edited September 27, 2020 by apfelnymous
apfelnymous: How rpg is this game ?

We don't really know yet, obviously, but it would appear to be a very RPG kind of game.

Is it complex, that is a bit hard to answer. The story board and how quests interact and whatnot, that part is probably incredibly complex. Character building, which skills to take and when, which upgrades to get, that part I don't think is all that complex. I don't think the idea behind the game is to create a semi-competitive environment for players to wring every last bit of performance out of a build. That being said, it does seem like there's a very big selection of skills and abilities and just overall stuff to tinker with, in order to create the exact V that you want to be.

Is the game casual? At a guess, I think it is quite casual. You start your character, you go about the stuff you want to do, and then things happen. You respond in whatever way you feel is right and proper and then more things happen. I don't think you need any formal knowledge about anything to play the game. I don't think you'll need pen and paper and exhaustive notes to keep track of all the things going on in the world. And I don't think you're going to need a deep understanding of game mechanics to get by.

Arachnarok_Rider: We don't really know yet, obviously, but it would appear to be a very RPG kind of game.

Is it complex, that is a bit hard to answer. The story board and how quests interact and whatnot, that part is probably incredibly complex. Character building, which skills to take and when, which upgrades to get, that part I don't think is all that complex. I don't think the idea behind the game is to create a semi-competitive environment for players to wring every last bit of performance out of a build. That being said, it does seem like there's a very big selection of skills and abilities and just overall stuff to tinker with, in order to create the exact V that you want to be.

Is the game casual? At a guess, I think it is quite casual. You start your character, you go about the stuff you want to do, and then things happen. You respond in whatever way you feel is right and proper and then more things happen. I don't think you need any formal knowledge about anything to play the game. I don't think you'll need pen and paper and exhaustive notes to keep track of all the things going on in the world. And I don't think you're going to need a deep understanding of game mechanics to get by.
They have said lower difficult lvls works for casual players. You dont need to do every side quest, exploration, build right builds, choose right weapons and gears etc.

Also theres fun HC mode, it removes game's UI.
Post edited September 28, 2020 by Cyberway
One very precious non casual feature would be for example, if you can reach any destination by reading things without a minimap. You told me now there is a mode to turn off any UI, this perhaps seems to be considered for the game's design then.

Developers have to be more courageous with their design choices.
Imagine minigames that require actual knowledge of electricity to make an elevator run or open a door.
However, for every installation of the game, the circumstances in that minigame would random generate, so you couid not google the answer.
apfelnymous: How not casual is this game ?
this might interest you
Attachments:
1111111.png (330 Kb)
apfelnymous: How not casual is this game ?
mahsa_alz1373: this might interest you
Yeah I dont like the sound of action adventure.

We don't know yet.

Game's not out yet.

I would guess, this could be similar to:
GTA games in size and scope (and open-world/open-city stuff).
Deus Ex series in gameplay and combat (a mix or FPS and RPG).

Though, I'd guessing the actual RPG'ing and decision-making...might be much deeper than say Deus Ex series. Might be similar to Witcher games; not sure if it'll be deeper than Witcher...or not.

Again, we don't entirely know yet.
Post edited October 05, 2020 by MysterD

MysterD: Though, I'd guessing the actual RPG'ing and decision-making...might be much deeper than say Deus Ex series. Might be similar to Witcher games; not sure if it'll be deeper than Witcher...or not.
hey buddy you ever play deus ex 2001 before? that game is much more rpg than any witcher game
MysterD: Though, I'd guessing the actual RPG'ing and decision-making...might be much deeper than say Deus Ex series. Might be similar to Witcher games; not sure if it'll be deeper than Witcher...or not.
mahsa_alz1373: hey buddy you ever play deus ex 2001 before? that game is much more rpg than any witcher game
I've played all the main Deus Ex titles - Deus Ex 1: GOTY; Deus Ex: IW; Deus Ex HR & Missing Link DLC; and also Deus Ex: MD and its Season Pass.

I think my emphasis on RPG'ing here might be more in line w/ decision-making. Some people see that as an RPG'ing, some don't. That's a whole another debate.

So, your branching decisions in Witcher games - especially Witcher 2, since it has numerous variations w/ those final screens - can really shape how the game turns out, after it's all done with.

In Deus Ex 1 - there's like 3 main decisions that, by the end, really shape how the game ends. But, DX: IW's set-up (i.e. Deus Ex 2) is that all 3 endings from the previous game (Deus Ex 1: GOTY) actually happened. So, in the end of DX1 and if you do play DX: IW b/c of its set-up there....does it matter what ending you took there from DX1?

If we're talking like character builds for RPG'ing - yeah, those in Deus Ex game can turn out much different than probably your character's build, gameplay style, and stats for your version of Geralt in Witcher games.
Post edited October 05, 2020 by MysterD
So now that the game released, can you answer me that questions ? Without spoilers please.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by apfelnymous
not much they should not say RPG it's more borderlands style game with story
apfelnymous: So now that the game released, can you answer me that questions ? Without spoilers please.
I would say it's similar to Witcher, as in it's more an action adventure game with some RPG element, rather than a full blown RPG like Baldur's Gate 3.

You have some character progression but it's mostly skill based rather than stats.
apfelnymous: So now that the game released, can you answer me that questions ? Without spoilers please.
Gersen: I would say it's similar to Witcher, as in it's more an action adventure game with some RPG element, rather than a full blown RPG like Baldur's Gate 3.

You have some character progression but it's mostly skill based rather than stats.
Okeyyy... so not the complex rpg Ive heard people talking about !?? Well I didnt like the witcher, I stopped playing after the intro island map.
Abishia: not much they should not say RPG it's more borderlands style game with story
Great...sigh
Post edited December 16, 2020 by apfelnymous
apfelnymous: Okeyyy... so not the complex rpg Ive heard people talking about !?? Well I didnt like the witcher, I stopped playing after the intro island map.
If you didn't like the Witcher and are not a fan of FPS then I would say you probably won't like Cyberpunk.
A bit light on rpg elements. Theres a good write up on the forum here about it. I forget the name but it's titled I hope CDPR reads this or something like that.