It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PaladinNO: Have you tried going back to the game version where it worked properly?

Also, I have not encountered many cases where an update to GPU drivers solved an issue - it's usually the opposite.
So if the game still crashes after having reinstalled version 1.5, you may also want to go back to the driver you were using when it worked.

And the "latest version" on GoG is patch 1.61 DLSS - that one has caused SO MANY PROBLEMS.
You don't want that version for any reason, apart from if owning a RTX 40xx series GPU.
As mention the only way for me to revert to 1.5, is to download it from torrents. There's no way to drop down on GoG to 1.5 or older.
CyklonDX: As mention the only way for me to revert to 1.5, is to download it from torrents. There's no way to drop down on GoG to 1.5 or older.
And what's the problem with a .torrent? You already own the game, so it won't matter. I can't link to it, but I can post the hash value if you know how to add it manually.

This is why I download and keep local a copy of every single GoG game I want and every patch. In the case of Cyberpunk 2077, it's clearly 318 GB well spent.

GoG Galaxy, like every game client, absolutely sucks - all they want is your user data.

ReaperLord22: and thats why i dont use amd graphic cards
Hardly an AMD exclusive issue. Their bad drivers were the reason I switched to Nvidia after my brief stint with an Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 5870, but I have had multiple similar issues with Nvidia as well.

Both my Asus GTX 670 and GTX 780 required me to downgrade my drivers to solve an issue. Fortunately, my later EVGA GTX 1080 and current Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Xtreme have both been rock solid in the driver department.

I would actually like to switch back to AMD (like the 7900 XTX OP is running) to test their current offering, but my first experience with AMD drivers and multiple monitors were terrible! And I cannot find anything conclusive on current offerings - and drivers - when using 4+ monitors (I currently use 5 monitors, for gaming, entertainment and work), which is a requirement for me.
Post edited March 28, 2023 by PaladinNO
CyklonDX: As mention the only way for me to revert to 1.5, is to download it from torrents. There's no way to drop down on GoG to 1.5 or older.
PaladinNO: And what's the problem with a .torrent? You already own the game, so it won't matter. I can't link to it, but I can post the hash value if you know how to add it manually.

This is why I download and keep local a copy of every single GoG game I want and every patch. In the case of Cyberpunk 2077, it's clearly 318 GB well spent.

GoG Galaxy, like every game client, absolutely sucks - all they want is your user data.

ReaperLord22: and thats why i dont use amd graphic cards
PaladinNO: Hardly an AMD exclusive issue. Their bad drivers were the reason I switched to Nvidia after my brief stint with an Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 5870, but I have had multiple similar issues with Nvidia as well.

Both my Asus GTX 670 and GTX 780 required me to downgrade my drivers to solve an issue. Fortunately, my later EVGA GTX 1080 and current Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Xtreme have both been rock solid in the driver department.

I would actually like to switch back to AMD (like the 7900 XTX OP is running) to test their current offering, but my first experience with AMD drivers and multiple monitors were terrible! And I cannot find anything conclusive on current offerings - and drivers - when using 4+ monitors (I currently use 5 monitors, for gaming, entertainment and work), which is a requirement for me.
After downloading v1.5 from somewhere, and cleaning up driver shader cache, the game works.
Thus my issue stays cdpr broke something or needs to work with AMD to fix either / or.
i have tried few other things with 1.61

Following steps taken one by one (i attempted running the game 1.61 after each step, and continued doing those changes without reverting others.)

Disconnecting all other displays
Turning off HDR
Turning on and then off Freesync (i have it disabled normally)
Setting lower resolution 1080p (from 1440p)
Setting lower Hz to 60Hz (from 144Hz)
Updating vc redist to latest 2015-2022 package
DDU + Removing all AMD/NV packages (including ones i have for my visual studio)
Reverting driver to older version (from 23.3.2 to 23.3.1)

Ran memtest86 again, passed.

Looked up this error, found threads in opengl application programming - a programmer error seems a variable is not being declared / should be declared in some enviroments... (maybe cdpr should look it up as well)

Ran windows updates ( 0 new updates )
(double checked, no windows is not replacing my drivers - i blocked that in GPO - pro's of enterprise LTSC edition you actually have control over your workstation)

Disabled UAC
Created new user
Downloaded new dx package from ms for visual studio.
Removing all amd driver shader caches
Creating custom amd profile
Trying to run it with Radeon Super Resolution (by default disabled, disabled after testing)
Disabled Virtual Super Resolution (by default enabled, kept disabled after testing)
Disabled GPU Scaling (by default enabled, kept disabled after testing)
Disabled Integer Scaling (by default enabled, kept disabled after testing)
Pixel Format RGB Limited RGB (by default Full RGB)
Disabled Display Color Enhancement Vivid Gaming
Set AA to Use Application Settings
AA Method from Supersampling to Multisampling
Disabled Morphological AA
Disabled Anisotropic Filtering (by default enabled x16)
Set Texture Filtering Quality to Standard (from High)
Set Tessellation from Override Application (lock to x32) to use application settings.
Disabled OpenGL Triple Buffering
Disabled 10-bit Pixel format
Disabled SAM
(Didn't use any other radeon tech, so they stayed disabled - i.e. Chill, Anti-Lag, Boost, Image Sharp, Enhanced Sync)
Disabled all Audio devices (re-enabled after)
msconfig selective startup > Load only System Services (i.e. disabled all non windows services, which are very few parsec, galaxy/gog, nordvpn, cisco anyconnect)

At this point i stopped testing. Last thing someone could do, would be reinstall of the system. I'm not willing to do that... this is a workstation, not a game console for just cyberpunk...

Errors haven't changed, and all other games still worked just fine without any issues.

I reverted all changed back to what i had before... (ps. still same error.)
Post edited March 29, 2023 by CyklonDX
That's...a rather comprehensive list of testing. Impressive.

But I doubt it would be that complicated to make the game run, if the issue was with your system. Well, it technically is, but I would say the game is to blame at this point - specifically, the 1.61 DLSS version of Cyberpunk 2077.

So I maintain my recommendation of getting a .torrent for the 1.6 version of the game. Or if you can downgrade to that through the GoG client, even better. It's what I am using, and it runs great. 1.61 does some bugfixing, but the 1.61 DLSS "hotfix" (more like "hot garbage" judging by all the threads with problems) adds nothing of relevance to the game.

I know what you mean about the Enterprise OS controls. I often use Windows Server at work (though only the older 2016), and the regular Windows 10 Pro that I use at home pales in comparison. I got a personal file / storage server on a separate, closed 10 Gbit VLAN at home (dual NICs in my main PC), and I wouldn't mind setting some policies for fun on it. Just playing around with access and whatnot.

My current laptop came with Windows 10 Home, and I threw out the SSD (some trash Kingston unit) and gave it a new one (WD Black SN850), along with a fresh Windows 10 Pro, on day 2 because I could not use the damn thing the way I wanted without at least access to Services.
Post edited March 30, 2023 by PaladinNO
I want this game playable when dlc drops one of those days in future.
new week bump