It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

They released the game when they did because they needed the money, and it worked.

They got the money they needed from us but lost our trust in the process.

The big stupid mistake they made was lying to us, not trusting us.

If they had told us the truth, that the game needed another 2 years of bug tracking and polishing and then offered to let us buy it now, with the offer to toss in future DLC's for free to the early access buyers, we would have happily given them our money and even helped them find all the bugs.

Then they would have our money and our trust. On top of that they could've later sold the DLC's to the people who decided to wait for all the bugs to be worked out. So in the long run they would’ve made even more money.

This is what's wrong with just about every corporate structure on the planet. They would rather earn a dime now instead of a dollar later.

They can't see the forest for the trees.
I think they understand the gravity of their error and the damage they have done to their reputation. I for one will be adopting a wait and see attitude when it comes to future CDPR projects and I was a HUGE fanboy pre CP2077, complete with GOG pre-order.
MadeUpName556: They released the game when they did because they needed the money, and it worked.

If they had told us the truth, that the game needed another 2 years of bug tracking and polishing and then offered to let us buy it now, with the offer to toss in future DLC's for free to the early access buyers, we would have happily given them our money and even helped them find all the bugs.

Then they would have our money and our trust. On top of that they could've later sold the DLC's to the people who decided to wait for all the bugs to be worked out. So in the long run they would’ve made even more money.

This is what's wrong with just about every corporate structure on the planet. They would rather earn a dime now instead of a dollar later.

Its too bad. I feel that overall it was wrong. We have all gotten to see what we can expect from CDPR as a business at this point and imo it's not good. For many what they did overall is like having your spouse cheat on you, you never see it coming. Now we know what to expect moving forward.
defileddragon: I think they understand the gravity of their error and the damage they have done to their reputation. I for one will be adopting a wait and see attitude when it comes to future CDPR projects and I was a HUGE fanboy pre CP2077, complete with GOG pre-order.
They only understand the "gravity of their error" because it nocked 1.8billion off their share value lol
If only people would wise up and stop buying from EA and the Rest, They make garbage it's literally mushroom feed.
defileddragon: I think they understand the gravity of their error and the damage they have done to their reputation. I for one will be adopting a wait and see attitude when it comes to future CDPR projects and I was a HUGE fanboy pre CP2077, complete with GOG pre-order.
lmc2002: They only understand the "gravity of their error" because it nocked 1.8billion off their share value lol
It's not just that though. Back when they said "we leave greed to others", they knew they could say that and that they wouldn't be challenged, because that was the general consensus. They knew that gamers had put them on a pedestal and regarded them as the gold standard for studios. That's no longer the case and CDPR knows it. They have lost an enormous amount of goodwill. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they've destroyed their reputation, but they have at least damaged it severely.

I bet their next game won't sell pre-orders even a fraction as well as CP2077 did.
lmc2002: They only understand the "gravity of their error" because it nocked 1.8billion off their share value lol
defileddragon: It's not just that though. Back when they said "we leave greed to others", they knew they could say that and that they wouldn't be challenged, because that was the general consensus. They knew that gamers had put them on a pedestal and regarded them as the gold standard for studios. That's no longer the case and CDPR knows it. They have lost an enormous amount of goodwill. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they've destroyed their reputation, but they have at least damaged it severely.

I bet their next game won't sell pre-orders even a fraction as well as CP2077 did.
Yeah, probably the Witcher 4 starring Ciri, because it still the most valuable product there, considering they don´t have many IPs around to profit, when some houses are going shit.

Well, they are going to try that GTA Online way too, that Rockstar was able to produce, creating a big golden tit to milk. I doubt they are going to profit as good the GTA 5 guys does, till 2022, Cyberpunk is old news.
Post edited January 17, 2021 by user deleted
wayke: If only people would wise up and stop buying from EA and the Rest, They make garbage it's literally mushroom feed.
HOW DARE YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH!!!!!
MadeUpName556: They released the game when they did because they needed the money, and it worked.

Except they already had the money with over 8 million preorders and counting. I'm not following your logic. I don't think we will ever know what drove these heads to release this game is such a state but money doesn't even make sense. They would have had a growing number of preorders even it had been delayed for years.The entire project was paid for.
wayke: If only people would wise up and stop buying from EA and the Rest, They make garbage it's literally mushroom feed.
Let's be honest, all games are essentially garbage. There's no innovation anymore. It's all copying what's already been done because it's easy money. It also doesn't help that gamers buy it all up because it's cool and/or familiar. I'm honestly guilty of that.
Aiden5576: Let's be honest, all games are essentially garbage. There's no innovation anymore. It's all copying what's already been done because it's easy money. It also doesn't help that gamers buy it all up because it's cool and/or familiar. I'm honestly guilty of that.
I find it funny when those who came down in the last shower attempt to tell me that the a game is revolutionary and brings in new this new that oh right you mean this from 1995 or this from 1980 or this from 2000 there are 25yo games that still do it better, Personally I think Raytracing in games is a waste of time with how a game actually works, All those lighting effects can be baked in at the highest detail and not rely on some lazy artists mixing some shader nodes and bad math, All this semi Realtime raytracing is for is to generate more sales for Nvidia a company that can't even cope with hardware production and when they have enough stock it's getting stolen by Chinese and resold at insanely high prices.

Hybrid Hosting P2P serving for FPS titles bothers me the most it was supposed to die off at first generation Xbox, I find FPS titles unplayable due to all this compensation crap, it was better back when if you had low level hardware and you didn't configure correctly it was not going to be a good outcome and generally people would notice, Now every damn game everyone appears to be moving correctly when in fact the serving is ticking over so slowly and the Prediction Smoothing is crippling good players rewarding idiots and cheaters.

Games are made by filthy suit wearing types that tread all over the talented people in more than just one way BURN SILICON VALLEY is what I say.
Aiden5576: Let's be honest, all games are essentially garbage. There's no innovation anymore. It's all copying what's already been done because it's easy money. It also doesn't help that gamers buy it all up because it's cool and/or familiar. I'm honestly guilty of that.
Some time ago was 60 frames, then 4K, now Raytracing and people are pissed losing the 60 frames, but eager to push everything to 8K.

The games itself, shadows of there former form, losing elements to provide more eye candy. I still enjoy the Rockstar Games in terms of world building.
Post edited January 19, 2021 by user deleted
FTSO: Some time ago was 60 frames, then 4K, now Raytracing and people are pissed losing the 60 frames, but eager to push everything to 8K.

The games itself, shadows of there former form, losing elements to provide more eye candy. I still enjoy the Rockstar Games in terms of world building.
Gimmicks from imbeciles on high to sell more of other things and sell more and team up to sell more buy bigger up size up size....