It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I reinstalled the game and the DLSS option is now greyed out, even though it worked fine before and I have an RTX graphics card and RayTracing works just fine.

I'm on Windows 11 Home, running Cyberpunk 2077 1.63 Hotfix from GOG Galaxy, no mods. My GPU is Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, Intel Core i7-10750H CPU, 16 GB of RAM. DirectX 12 Ultimate works in dxdiag, everything enabled, the game is also set on "High-performance Nvidia processor" in Nvidia Control panel and Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling is on in Windows settings.

I tried uninstalling the graphics drivers with DDU, installing them both with GeForce Experience and without it, I even uninstalled everything from Nvidia and reinstalled it, uninstalled the REDmod DLC, still greyed out. GeForce Experience says "Game can't be optimized" and it didn't even see the game before I uninstalled REDmod, I also tried manually updating nvngx_dlss.dll in the game folder, still nothing.

I also found that now I can't set the resolution to 4K, which I previously could. I don't have a 4K monitor so I don't use it, but still weird that I could previously set it to that and now I can't. Any ideas?
Post edited June 27, 2023 by Emily_The.Egg
This question / problem has been solved by CymTyrimage
I believe the new patch changed the DLSS type that's used, whether intentional or not.

If I had to guess, I would say perhaps a reinstall would help with everything, but it's a crapshoot with this game. I've never had major problems, but people with rigs that smoke mine have had nothing but.

Good luck and let us know what helps. I guess you could also try deleting the config files (not sure where they're locating but probably documents/mygames) and then verify integrity and see if that helps.

I know for me personally, I attempted to patch the game for over 2 hours before uninstalling it and reinstalling it in less than 10 minutes and being fine.

Good luck again,
-Cym
CymTyr: I believe the new patch changed the DLSS type that's used, whether intentional or not.

If I had to guess, I would say perhaps a reinstall would help with everything, but it's a crapshoot with this game. I've never had major problems, but people with rigs that smoke mine have had nothing but.

Good luck and let us know what helps. I guess you could also try deleting the config files (not sure where they're locating but probably documents/mygames) and then verify integrity and see if that helps.

I know for me personally, I attempted to patch the game for over 2 hours before uninstalling it and reinstalling it in less than 10 minutes and being fine.

Good luck again,
-Cym
Well, this all started when I reinstalled the game, along with deleting save files (%userprofile%/Saved Games/CD Projekt Red/Cyberpunk 2077). I tried deleting the config files (%localappdata%/CD Projekt Red/Cyberpunk 2077), which of course deleted all my settings, but DLSS is still greyed out.

Still haven't figured it out, so I'm temporarily switching to XeSS, but still looking for ways to fix it, maybe I'll try reinstalling again.
CymTyr: I believe the new patch changed the DLSS type that's used, whether intentional or not.

Good luck again,
-Cym
Emily_The.Egg: Well, this all started when I reinstalled the game, along with deleting save files (%userprofile%/Saved Games/CD Projekt Red/Cyberpunk 2077). I tried deleting the config files (%localappdata%/CD Projekt Red/Cyberpunk 2077), which of course deleted all my settings, but DLSS is still greyed out.

Still haven't figured it out, so I'm temporarily switching to XeSS, but still looking for ways to fix it, maybe I'll try reinstalling again.
You don't have to install your games or have your save files on C if you have another drive and manually told it at installtion time where to put everything. C drive is the best place to lose your data when an OS becomes unrecoverable. That does not imply your OS will be FUBAR any time soon.
Post edited June 29, 2023 by u2jedi

Good luck again,
-Cym
Emily_The.Egg: Well, this all started when I reinstalled the game, along with deleting save files (%userprofile%/Saved Games/CD Projekt Red/Cyberpunk 2077). I tried deleting the config files (%localappdata%/CD Projekt Red/Cyberpunk 2077), which of course deleted all my settings, but DLSS is still greyed out.

Hmm. Good luck, let us know if you figure out how to resolve this.

u2jedi: You don't have to install your games or have your save files on C if you have another drive and manually told it at installtion time where to put everything. C drive is the best place to lose your data when an OS becomes unrecoverable. That does not imply your OS will be FUBAR any time soon.
Thanks for the suggestion, I have the game installed on a separate drive and my save files are synced with the GOG Galaxy Cloud though, so I think I'm fine. I don't really care about the config files, I can always change the settings in a few minutes back to what they were.

CymTyr: Hmm. Good luck, let us know if you figure out how to resolve this.
Hey, so I feel like an idiot right now, but I just reinstalled the game again and it works. Reinstalling was actually the last thing I thought would work because this all started after I reinstalled the game, but here we are, at least it finally works now. Thanks for the help though! Now to reinstall all my mods lol :')
Also I just realized that you said you reinstalled the game in 10 minutes in the first message? Like damn, that's some godly internet speed lol, I have a shitty internet connection because I live in a pretty small village so I had to leave it to install overnight and it still wasn't done in the morning lol, but even with a good internet connection 10 minutes seem insanely fast to me lol
Post edited July 11, 2023 by Emily_The.Egg
CymTyr: Hmm. Good luck, let us know if you figure out how to resolve this.
Emily_The.Egg: Hey, so I feel like an idiot right now, but I just reinstalled the game again and it works. Reinstalling was actually the last thing I thought would work because this all started after I reinstalled the game, but here we are, at least it finally works now. Thanks for the help though! Now to reinstall all my mods lol :')
Also I just realized that you said you reinstalled the game in 10 minutes in the first message? Like damn, that's some godly internet speed lol, I have a shitty internet connection because I live in a pretty small village so I had to leave it to install overnight and it still wasn't done in the morning lol, but even with a good internet connection 10 minutes seem insanely fast to me lol
You're welcome! I'm not on gog forums much, but I try to be helpful when I'm on here.

I have gigabit internet, but it was hell getting to the point where I could get it and it didn't cost a ton. Took AT&T installing fiber in our city before I could get it and not have it be $90-100 or more.

So yeah, I'm spoiled by my internet, but if it helps you feel better, I live in northeastern Ohio, so it's not always the nicest place to live, especially in the winter.

Have a great day, and thanks for marking my post as the solution. Glad I could help. Take care! :)