It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Was going to pre order this tonight and when I checked the forums to see about any news first. I see a thread about windows 10 only or something.

Can we get a Actual Confirmation from one of the developers. It says " Works on Windows 10 " but does not say windows 10 only. There is still time for windows 7 to be added to the list since the game won't be released until next year. I would definitely want clarification on this. If this is going to have to make me buy windows 10 to play it, then you lost a preorder. Not everyone likes windows 10.

This would be the most disappointing news ever.
Post edited June 12, 2019 by Whereaminow25
I feel ya bro. But even though its not officialy confirmed if windows 7 support will be added or not...... i do NOT regret my preorder. CD Project Red deserves my Money more than any of the other Players on the market. and if there wont be no windows 7 Support availlable in the Future..... i wont have any other choice but to buy the game a second time day 1 for my trusty PS4. Because at least there i will have assurance that it will run :)

But please CDPR....... PLEASE MAKE IT PLAYABLE ON WINDOWS 7 ASWELL.WINDOWS 7 IS NOT DEAD YET. SO YOU WOULD DO YOURSELF A REALLY BIG FAVOR BY ADDING COMPATIBILITY TO THIS SLOWLY DYING SYSTEM.
low rated
Well, Windows 10 is great OS, compared to Win 7, so I would suggest an upgrade anyway. From sales aspect doesn't make sense to restrict it to Win 10. On Win 7 machines they could render it in DirectX11 and on Win 10 in DirectX12 (which itself give considerable boost in performance). Similar to Battlefield V and others. I know that few games run DirectX12 on Win 7 after collaboration with Microsoft, so even if they resort to use only Dx12 still there is hope, but negligible.
Post edited June 12, 2019 by ivanx
ivanx: Well, Windows 10 is great OS, compared to Win 7, so I would suggest an upgrade anyway. From sales aspect doesn't make sense to restrict it to Win 10. On Win 7 machines they could render it in DirectX11 and on Win 10 in DirectX12 (which itself give considerable boost in performance). Similar to Battlefield V and others. I know that few games run DirectX12 on Win 7 after collaboration with Microsoft, so even if they resort to use only Dx12 still there is hope, but negligible.
We still need it to be compatible with Windows 7
Post edited June 13, 2019 by Whereaminow25
I dont want to disappoint you, but it is very likely that it is already to late to change the supported OS. Which OS will be supported is a decision usually made very early in the development (made years ago). Supporting an additional OS would be a huge risk(could cause alot of bugs or decrease performance) and takes a lot of time. With a fix release date 10 month from now it is rather unlikely that they will officially support Win 7.

that doesnt mean Cyberpunk want work with Win 7, but CDPR will not test it and will not guarantee that it works. If you insist on staying with Win 7, wait till 1-2 weeks after release and check if someone found a way to play Cyberpunk on Win 7. If someone did, decide if you will take the risk(even if he found a way doesnt mean it will work with your system) and buy it or dont.
Win7 support ends in January 2020.
While I believe it's highly likely that Cyberpunk 2077 will run on Win7, I can fully understand why CDPR only concentrates on Win10 compatibility and will not commit to Win7.

Yes, Win7 is still beloved by many, but that doesn't change the fact, that it is a dying OS.
From a developer perspective it doesn't make sense to officially support Win7 if MS themselves won't actually support Win7 anymore.
And then there are all the different PC component vendors that will stop developing drivers for Win7.
So CDPR really can't commit to Win7.
MagicElmo: So CDPR really can't commit to Win7.
But we are NOT talking about commitment.
We ARE talking about support.
Commit to support is what I meant of course.
I'm talking about the same. For CDPR to put Win7 on the Cyberpunk 2077 storepage would mean that they commit to keep supporting Cyberpunk 2077 for Win7.

For CDPR to make sure that Cyberpunk 2077 will run on Win7 at the release is probably easy enough.
But what about in 2021 or 2022?
We all hope that the game will succeed and get the same love as Witcher 3 and lots of free DLC.
If they keep adding to the game and it requires never graphics drivers to work properly, but there aren't any for Win7 anymore? Or any kind of other drivers.
It would be very indecent of CDPR to promise support for Win7 if they can't guarantee it will work.
So is Windows 7 going to be supported or not ? i would like to hear or see a CDPR dev confirm or deny this information, i myself am on 7 and this will really affect my decision on pre-oredering it, i would LOVE to ! I really will,but this is something i need to know !

Thank you
valcugen: So is Windows 7 going to be supported or not ? i would like to hear or see a CDPR dev confirm or deny this information, i myself am on 7 and this will really affect my decision on pre-oredering it, i would LOVE to ! I really will,but this is something i need to know !

Thank you
Store page says "Windows 10". It's official page. Not sure what more official confirmation you are looking for.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to start the game on older version of Windows, assuming you have capable hardware with up to date drivers, but that might be tricky by itself as number of vendors who keep maintaining drivers for Windows 7 grows smaller over time. With that in mind, I see absolutely no chance for CDPR to officially claim their game compatibility with Windows 7 moving forward.

Personally, I'm on Windows 8.1, and I pre-ordered the game already, fully understanding all the risks I took doing so. If I can't make it work when it's released, I won't be able to go to CDPR and DEMAND their help. Which doesn't necessary mean they won't help me, if they could.
valcugen: So is Windows 7 going to be supported or not ? i would like to hear or see a CDPR dev confirm or deny this information, i myself am on 7 and this will really affect my decision on pre-oredering it, i would LOVE to ! I really will,but this is something i need to know !

Thank you
nicko1980: Store page says "Windows 10". It's official page. Not sure what more official confirmation you are looking for.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to start the game on older version of Windows, assuming you have capable hardware with up to date drivers, but that might be tricky by itself as number of vendors who keep maintaining drivers for Windows 7 grows smaller over time. With that in mind, I see absolutely no chance for CDPR to officially claim their game compatibility with Windows 7 moving forward.

Personally, I'm on Windows 8.1, and I pre-ordered the game already, fully understanding all the risks I took doing so. If I can't make it work when it's released, I won't be able to go to CDPR and DEMAND their help. Which doesn't necessary mean they won't help me, if they could.
Store windows says Works on Windows 10, Not Windows 10 only. so far it is neither confirmed or denied at this point, and we really want a DEVELOPER to answer this 100% because I and probably others have yet to place a preorder, since it depends on this answer.
It's not going to happen. No developer will answer your question. Why?
Even if they were very sure it will work with Win 7, it would be irresponsible to tell you it will work, before they tested it(and it is very unlikely they will test it). It's not a problem to say it will work with Win 10 because the game is designed for Win 10. If it doesn't work with Win 10 they wouldn't need to release it. They don't need to test it with Win 10 to state it will work with Win 10, but they need to test it to state that it will work with Win 7(because the game is not originally designed for Win 7). Testing requires time. Even if against all odds they would test Cyberpunk on Win 7, it will take month to finish testing. In the near future there will be no answer to your question.

short version: If they were willing to answer you they would have already done so.
Whereaminow25: Was going to pre order this tonight and when I checked the forums to see about any news first. I see a thread about windows 10 only or something.

Can we get a Actual Confirmation from one of the developers. It says " Works on Windows 10 " but does not say windows 10 only. There is still time for windows 7 to be added to the list since the game won't be released until next year. I would definitely want clarification on this. If this is going to have to make me buy windows 10 to play it, then you lost a preorder. Not everyone likes windows 10.

This would be the most disappointing news ever.
As far as Microsoft is concerned Windows 7 is end of life, so why would anybody be concerned about developing a game to run on an abandoned operating system that isn't being maintained.
Windows 7 end of life is Jan 1st, 2020. No further security updates so next year you should not have a Windows 7 machine connected to the internet (unless you pay Microsoft for continued updates as some businesses often do).

If you have not upgraded your windows 7 machine yet, you should actively plan to do so in the next 6 months.
invenio: Windows 7 end of life is Jan 1st, 2020. No further security updates so next year you should not have a Windows 7 machine connected to the internet (unless you pay Microsoft for continued updates as some businesses often do).

If you have not upgraded your windows 7 machine yet, you should actively plan to do so in the next 6 months.
While Win10 is an update, it is not an upgrade. It's newer. It's not better. It's actively worse than what it replaces.

Also, what about Win8.1? That's still in mainstream support - not even extended.