It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

While the game is still pretty far out of my budget and I'll probably wait for a special sale to actually drop the money for it, I'm curious what's the situation with the game so far. It apparently released buggy as heck but they've also been patching it along the way so... how's it look right now? Anything major that risks ruining the gameplay or the plot, or frustration with something ongoing? I'm not altogether concerned with performance issues or graphics unless it's really major {super high detail is nice and all, but I can live with lower graphic pizazz}.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Quinch: While the game is still pretty far out of my budget and I'll probably wait for a special sale to actually drop the money for it, I'm curious what's the situation with the game so far. It apparently released buggy as heck but they've also been patching it along the way so... how's it look right now? Anything major that risks ruining the gameplay or the plot, or frustration with something ongoing? I'm not altogether concerned with performance issues or graphics unless it's really major {super high detail is nice and all, but I can live with lower graphic pizazz}.
It still has some significant bugs (though almost none that are game-breaking anymore) but CDPR has made serious leaps toward fixing them. They've also been tweaking gameplay elements that people were critical of, such as driving and the way the police react to you. They'll most likely be releasing some free DLCs soon and I'm sure those will come with solid patches as well.

If you have the cash, I definitely recommend it and would say it's in a good state. The only caveat is that it still has a way to go before it's a totally smooth experience. Nonetheless, it's fully playable (it was at launch, too, but the critics like to say otherwise) and it's a great game on top of that so if you have the chance, definitely pick it up!
I played through the game on 1.21/1.22 and I didn't run into any game-breaking issues.

There were a lot of little glitches though - stuff I couldn't pick up, some cars can't be driven from 1st person view (too bright, or camera position too low), animation glitches etc...

Also stuff like civilian and cop AI seem like placeholders, traffic AI is still non-existent.

I had crashes (mostly seems to be a problem on W7, the game seems to be more stable on W10), and occasionally every few minutes, and then sometimes I could play for hours without any crash. Weird, but I hope the crash reports I sent at least helped them figure out some issues.
JakobFel: Nonetheless, it's fully playable (it was at launch, too, but the critics like to say otherwise) and it's a great game on top of that so if you have the chance, definitely pick it up!
At launch it crashed really often on me, and also the performance (my machine is somewhat older) was abysmal. The patches made it a lot smoother and less crash-prone.
Post edited July 19, 2021 by toxicTom
toxicTom: At launch it crashed really often on me, and also the performance (my machine is somewhat older) was abysmal. The patches made it a lot smoother and less crash-prone.
Yeah, I'm not saying it was necessarily playable for everyone, as I'm aware of some people that had issues like that, I'm just saying that the detractors were just using the "not playable" argument to try to solidify the hate.
I have an older machine. It's an i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX 1660, running Win10x64.

The game runs well. I get good frame rates at 1080p and I'm set at high and ultra settings.

I haven't been playing much recently because I'm waiting for the updates and DLC before finishing. I'm right at the point where the end game begins and you can't go back.

It's a fun game in a visually amazing world. Even without the horsepower of a modern graphics card, it still looks really good! I also like the story and found quite a few of the side missions to be impactful as well.

Is it perfect? Not hardly. Does the city feel alive? Sorta. Is it a sand box? Somewhat. Have I gotten my money's worth? I think so. Do I want more? YES! Could it be better? YES. Will it be better? Good question, and I honestly think that CDPR will continue to improve and add to the game.

Witcher 3 was a mess when I first tried playing it. Laggy, ugly, and broken. It became a beautiful, entertaining experience. I don't see that Cyberpunk 2077 will be any less.

My opinions.... Not a hater. Not a fanboy. Just a gamer.
My issues with the game have nothing to do with its performance. It's the streamlining the pc version and simplifying it so that the base ps4/xbone versions will function properly that bug me.
CymTyr: My issues with the game have nothing to do with its performance. It's the streamlining the pc version and simplifying it so that the base ps4/xbone versions will function properly that bug me.
Like what? I'm genuinely curious because The Witcher 2 and 3 received streamlining for consoles as well but nobody talked about that.
CymTyr: My issues with the game have nothing to do with its performance. It's the streamlining the pc version and simplifying it so that the base ps4/xbone versions will function properly that bug me.
JakobFel: Like what? I'm genuinely curious because The Witcher 2 and 3 received streamlining for consoles as well but nobody talked about that.
Well for example, the one thing that drives me crazy is the lack of variety in npc's which was introduced recently.

Also, depending on the patch, some posters and ads around Night City have become censored, though I don't know if this was to satiate Sony/MS or someone else like the you know who group with Winnie.

Other changes and optimizations have been made, which on the surface seem great but underneath, they seem to be taking away from the top end on some stuff to make it more friendly to ps4 xbone base consoles. I don't have a problem with adding more options, I just have a problem with taking away existing options.

I'm not overly concerned or worried about the game itself. I would, however, give it another 6-8 months before buying. Inevitably there will be a Director's Cut, I'm almost certain of it.

-Cym
JakobFel: Like what? I'm genuinely curious because The Witcher 2 and 3 received streamlining for consoles as well but nobody talked about that.
CymTyr: Well for example, the one thing that drives me crazy is the lack of variety in npc's which was introduced recently.

Also, depending on the patch, some posters and ads around Night City have become censored, though I don't know if this was to satiate Sony/MS or someone else like the you know who group with Winnie.

Other changes and optimizations have been made, which on the surface seem great but underneath, they seem to be taking away from the top end on some stuff to make it more friendly to ps4 xbone base consoles. I don't have a problem with adding more options, I just have a problem with taking away existing options.

I'm not overly concerned or worried about the game itself. I would, however, give it another 6-8 months before buying. Inevitably there will be a Director's Cut, I'm almost certain of it.

-Cym
For your first point, that's a fair criticism but I don't think it has to do with streamlining so much as a mistake in the latest update. As for the censorship, you're probably correct, it likely has to do with that. I think what you're describing is less what I'd define as streamlining and more as optimization. Most of those optimizations are great for everyone but things like the NPC diversity do need to be fixed for PC, for sure.

I agree that there will be a GOTY/DC/"Complete" version but I'm guessing it'll probably be after the expansions are all released. Since we haven't even gotten free DLC yet (which may be coming sooner rather than later if leaks are to be believed), we probably won't see the first expansion until the 1-year anniversary at least, possibly later.
JakobFel: snip
Someone pointed out, and it might have even been you, CDPR is screwed no matter what they do. I'm not regretting the $50 I spent on the physical copy of CP2077 with its goodies, but I kind of wish I'd waited another month for it to go on clearance at Walmart for $20 instead.

You live you learn, I guess. It's a great game in some respects, though I don't think it's what was promised... yet.
JakobFel: snip
CymTyr: Someone pointed out, and it might have even been you, CDPR is screwed no matter what they do. I'm not regretting the $50 I spent on the physical copy of CP2077 with its goodies, but I kind of wish I'd waited another month for it to go on clearance at Walmart for $20 instead.

You live you learn, I guess. It's a great game in some respects, though I don't think it's what was promised... yet.
Well, I've said that no matter what they do, people will hate so maybe that was it? Not sure. But yeah, I definitely understand people wanting to wait. For me, I knew it'd be buggy and my expectations were met (and exceeded in most places) but then again, I'm a huge fan of Bethesda's games so my bug tolerance is particularly high lol
CymTyr: Someone pointed out, and it might have even been you, CDPR is screwed no matter what they do. I'm not regretting the $50 I spent on the physical copy of CP2077 with its goodies, but I kind of wish I'd waited another month for it to go on clearance at Walmart for $20 instead.

JakobFel: Well, I've said that no matter what they do, people will hate so maybe that was it? Not sure. But yeah, I definitely understand people wanting to wait. For me, I knew it'd be buggy and my expectations were met (and exceeded in most places) but then again, I'm a huge fan of Bethesda's games so my bug tolerance is particularly high lol
I'm in a similar boat. Long time fan of Bethesda games and having to mod them to get them to work properly.

Anyway yeah, I was paraphrasing, but your quote is what I was thinking of.
JakobFel: Well, I've said that no matter what they do, people will hate so maybe that was it? Not sure. But yeah, I definitely understand people wanting to wait. For me, I knew it'd be buggy and my expectations were met (and exceeded in most places) but then again, I'm a huge fan of Bethesda's games so my bug tolerance is particularly high lol
CymTyr: I'm in a similar boat. Long time fan of Bethesda games and having to mod them to get them to work properly.

Anyway yeah, I was paraphrasing, but your quote is what I was thinking of.
Yeah, I think that's part of why I enjoyed the game so much as-is. I understand that bugs are frustrating but I've found that people seem to think that as tech advances, bugs should become less common... which simply isn't true. As tech advances, we'll likely encounter MORE bugs, which is why gamers should learn to be a bit more patient with studios as they test and fix their games.
CymTyr: Also, depending on the patch, some posters and ads around Night City have become censored, though I don't know if this was to satiate Sony/MS or someone else like the you know who group with Winnie.
Thats awful. Any link to see what was changed?
CymTyr: Long time fan of Bethesda games and having to mod them to get them to work properly.
Heh. Reading this while I am waiting that Vortex moves my FO3 mods from the Steam version to GOG version. (Got annoyed of the Steam DRM version and GOG has FO3 on sale, soooo...)