It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I reinstalled the game through Galaxy.
Said it failed to fetch my saves due to heavy load but I could use my local saves.
I was fine with that, as I only played the game for a few minutes on my other machine before uninstalling there.
Game started, now all my saves are gone... the synch seems to work now, but they are all gone...
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
PunchDit: I was fine with that, as I only played the game for a few minutes on my other machine before uninstalling there.
Game started, now all my saves are gone... the synch seems to work now, but they are all gone...
NEVER TRUST A SKY SYNC !!!

I did that once, and it cost me half a day's work because an older folder overwrote the folder with the newer content in it.
To rewrite a 14 page project from memory, with delivery the next day and with no notes and no longer access to the research equipment was a certified PITA!

If you have local access to both machines, you could check the first save folder to see if the data is still there and do a manual copy (USB-thumbdrive or regular network transfer) to your second machine.
Post edited July 23, 2022 by PaladinNO
PaladinNO: NEVER TRUST A SKY SYNC !!!

I did that once, and it cost me half a day's work because an older folder overwrote the folder with the newer content in it.
To rewrite a 14 page project from memory, with delivery the next day and with no notes and no longer access to the research equipment was a certified PITA!
I'm sorry about your loss, but... LOL.

You can trust cloud sync, you just can't trust some software performing it. There are tons of more than adequate cloud software out there, that just make a duplicate of the file whenever a conflict is detected. (eg. Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropobox, etc..)

Most of the time, is the user not understanding how the whole process works! But it's easier to bash the software for the fault. It's the human nature, after all.
PaladinNO: If you have local access to both machines, you could check the first save folder to see if the data is still there and do a manual copy (USB-thumbdrive or regular network transfer) to your second machine.
Anyway, the guy is right. For easier reference, the save folder should be here:

C:\Users\<Your username>\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

I wish you good luck on this,

Cheers
BulletsOfCuddles: I'm sorry about your loss, but... LOL.

You can trust cloud sync, you just can't trust some software performing it. There are tons of more than adequate cloud software out there, that just make a duplicate of the file whenever a conflict is detected. (eg. Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropobox, etc..)
This WAS Onedrive...

I had set up a Onedrive sync with my work machine and my home machine, and for some reason Onedrive suddenly decided it should take my empty home folder, that I had created earlier in preparation for this project, and overwrite - I mean "sync" with - the newer work folder with the actual content in it.
Post edited July 27, 2022 by PaladinNO