It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Every time tape worm fires off the next side job never fires off. I goto the afterlife, no Jonney. I can never progress this side job chain.
What would break this?
Is this a know issue?
Am I just unlucky.
tirsirrak: Every time tape worm fires off the next side job never fires off. I goto the afterlife, no Jonney. I can never progress this side job chain.
What would break this?
Is this a know issue?
Am I just unlucky.
You have to agree to let Johnny take over your body at the end of tapeworm for him to appear there.
ok, for Joney to offer to take over my body he would have to show up to get the dialog. Tapeworm completes on doing 4 main quest lines. so you dont complete tapeworm, it completes itself as you do main story missions.
tirsirrak: ok, for Joney to offer to take over my body he would have to show up to get the dialog. Tapeworm completes on doing 4 main quest lines. so you dont complete tapeworm, it completes itself as you do main story missions.
No, you have to agree to it when you're having that talk in the room in Pacifica where Johnny gives you the dogtags. Also, possibly you should be friends with him enough, I guess. Also, supposedly chippin in only unlocks after you do the main quests. And finally, don't ever take the suppressing pills when talking with Johnny or otherwise cut him off when he's talking because you need to talk to him about what he has to say too.
See this is my second play through first time i may of picked to not let jonny take over. However on this play through I started as corpo and did none of the main quests after heist till I had 'cleared the map' I am now starting the main quests, chipin in. Never fired.

oh well then no one else has this issue it must be something I am doing. Will look for it once more on my third play through.
Post edited January 22, 2021 by tirsirrak
tirsirrak: See this is my second play through first time i may of picked to not let jonny take over. However on this play through I started as corpo and did none of the main quests after heist till I had 'cleared the map' I am now starting the main quests, chipin in. Never fired.

oh well then no one else has this issue it must be something I am doing. Will look for it once more on my third play through.
Tapeworm is in 4 parts - dialogues that trigger after "Automatic Love", "Transmission", "Life During Wartime", "Search and Destroy". After that it will show up as a quest marker at the Afterlife.

I replayed the talk with Johnny in the hotel room where he gives you the dog tags and told him No Deal about letting him take over. The quest marker is still there, he just says take me to the Afterlife if you change your mind.

So you should be able to do it as long as you get the scene where you get the dog tags.
Perhaps I am trying to soon? I dont think Jonny and I did any dog tags this time yet. (for sure said no first play through) This corp is lvl 50/50 hacking killer, I am parking it till the next hotfix.

Hacking is way to easy IMO Like I breach Ping mark send in the cyberphyco (makes them gather to fight it) then nail em with posion and shock wipping out an entire area with two to three quick hacks.

Thanks for the advice

In my quest log tapworm is completed, Im going to look for the quest that gives the dog tags. Perhaps that is what I am missing.