It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed the GOG-Version of Cyberpunk 2077 without using Galaxy (which is not installed). However, it seems that only the English installer is available for download and I am unable to change to German voiceover. Is there any hint on how to change the voice language without using Galaxy?
Did you check the options menu in the game? Language setting? Offline installer should have all voice overs included.

It dissappears.while you're in game, so do it before you load a save.
Akachi: Did you check the options menu in the game? Language setting? Offline installer should have all voice overs included.

It dissappears.while you're in game, so do it before you load a save.
Yes, I checked the ingame options. Only languages I can change is subtitles and menu, not the voice overs. The only "option" I have there is English.
Check Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content

if you have lang_de_voice.archive

If you do then remove everything with "voice.archive" aside from lang_en_voice.archive to mimic what Galaxy does.

If that doesn't work then there's some strange bug in the offline version. Or for whatever reason the offline version doesn not have all voiceovers, despite the enormous size of the archive,
Akachi: Check Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content

If you do then remove everything with "voice.archive" aside from lang_en_voice.archive to mimic what Galaxy does.

If that doesn't work then there's some strange bug in the offline version. Or for whatever reason the offline version doesn not have all voiceovers, despite the enormous size of the archive,
No, the other language voice files are not there (even though they are definitely present in offline installer).

So seems that you can only choose the language at installation point - very weird design choice as you can only choose one. I could understand if you picked a list of languages you want installed, but I don't think such an option is there.
Post edited December 15, 2020 by midrand
Akachi: Check Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content

midrand: No, the other language voice files are not there (even though they are definitely present in offline installer).

So seems that you can only choose the language at installation point - very weird design choice as you can only choose one. I could understand if you picked a list of languages you want installed, but I don't think such an option is there.
That seems weird. Witcher 3 dumped all language files during installation.

I guess the offline installer is doing what Galaxy is doing, just in a more stupid way, in order to save space. I mean you usually stick to one language pack.

Does it at least install the english voiceovers in addition to german ones after you reinstall?
Post edited December 15, 2020 by Akachi
midrand: No, the other language voice files are not there (even though they are definitely present in offline installer).

Akachi: That seems weird. Witcher 3 dumped all language files during installation.

I guess the offline installer is doing what Galaxy is doing, just in a more stupid way, in order to save space. I mean you usually stick to one language pack.

Does it at least install the english voiceovers in addition to german ones after you reinstall?
For Witcher 3 you had to download the language packs separately and install them separately. E.g. I downloaded Russian pack separately.

I'm sure it installs the second language voiceovers if you pick a non-English language. I play CP2077 in English, so wouldn't know.
Post edited December 15, 2020 by midrand
Akachi: Does it at least install the english voiceovers in addition to german ones after you reinstall?
I haven't tested the offline installer, but Galaxy definitely keeps the English voiceovers if you install a different language. You can then switch between them at will in-game.