It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I gave the game a shot today. I hoped for the 1.6 patch would improve it. It does not. Same buggy mess as it was. Yea, yea, I played it all the way once, because I payed 60 fkin Euros for it. In advance. Never again. Also, never going to buy anything from CDPR ever. I can't belive it's the same company that made Witcher 3. It's sad. Really sad.
Good idea. I have not played it but all these honest reviews and also your post serve to caution potential buyers like me into becoming non-buyers. Thanks for the heads up!
Inhilicon: Good idea. I have not played it but all these honest reviews and also your post serve to caution potential buyers like me into becoming non-buyers. Thanks for the heads up!
So what, positive reviews are not honest?
I, like many, have enjoyed the game and played it from start to finish without encountering major or game-breaking bugs. User reviews rely exclusively on personal experience, therefore you should take both negative and positive reviews with a pinch of salt, especially considering that review-bombing is still a thing.
The last call is of course all yours, but don't rely only on one side of the story.
Post edited September 18, 2022 by Nephilim88
Inhilicon: Good idea. I have not played it but all these honest reviews and also your post serve to caution potential buyers like me into becoming non-buyers. Thanks for the heads up!
Nephilim88: So what, positive reviews are not honest?
I, like many, have enjoyed the game and played it from start to finish without encountering major or game-breaking bugs. User reviews rely exclusively on personal experience, therefore you should take both negative and positive reviews with a pinch of salt, especially considering that review-bombing is still a thing.
The last call is of course all yours, but don't rely only on one side of the story.
As much as I hate telling someone to watch a video, but this guy on Youtube called "crowbcat" made a very extensive video highlighting the incompleteness, bugginess and overall soullessness of Cyberpunk 2077. Also brings up the hype and straight up lies that the various members of CDPR fed the public.

It's a long watch but it rather effectively illustrates why the game is such a mess. And now there are reviews from people who gave it another try -- much later -- and they confirm that the game hasn't improved enough.

9 million views. Name is "overpromise, sell, underdeliver Cyberpunk 2077"

In the end, it all ends up with the player choosing whether they want to be an apologetic doormat or a betrayed customer.
Inhilicon: In the end, it all ends up with the player choosing whether they want to be an apologetic doormat or a betrayed customer.
I really wonder why I still bother being polite on internet, if every time there's always people calling others names... you could have easily ended your post without this last sentence.
Post edited September 18, 2022 by Nephilim88
This is why I always go "cold" into a game or movie. No trailers, no spoilers and no bias when I experience something for the first time.

And I don't understand the excessive negativity to Cyberpunk 2077.

I have played through the game on the patches 1.03, 1.06, 1.31 and currently playing on 1.5 Hotfix 1, and I haven't seen any game breaking bugs since the 1.03 patch.

Yes, there are multiple annoyances with how the game is laid out, such as the Crafting mechanic, which is unfortunately required to get the best weapons in the game. The way crafting works still leaves much to be desired in terms of current designs flaws and ease of use.

Other things that I find disappointing:
- ALL world AI - pedestrians and all AI vehicles are completely brain dead, and less alive than the zombies in Dying Light.

- The game physics are completely broken, and I haven't seen "air walls" of this severity when driving around since Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 from 2002, with dead stops without any warning when hitting a "forbidden area".

- Consumables are mostly worthless, with surprisingly few unique effects.

On the upside, CP77 is the most beautiful game I have ever seen, and it was my game of choice to test my RTX 3080.
The game got missions and things to do for hours and hours, and apart from the waste of time unskippable Johnny SIlverhand sequences (subjective opinion), the game never feels boring.

While the 1.31 patch offered the most in terms of serious (and minor) bugfixing, but still retained the broken gameplay with tech sniper rifles one-shotting everything with over 2.000.000 damage, I have had the most fun on patch 1.5, with reduced overall damage and the game finally posed an actual challenge.

Would I buy the game again? Most definitely. I have played it for some 500+ hours total at this point, and I have had fun in most of them.
Would I recommend buying it at full price? No. The game clearly isn't finished yet, and with the complete overhauls that sometimes happen in terms of balancing, it only worth it on sale in its current form.

However, the game NOT what as promised, and FAR from it. But with all the available mods, which arguably and unfortunately I would call a requirement to get the most out of the game, Cyberpunk 2077 is overall a really good game.
Post edited September 28, 2022 by PaladinNO
Inhilicon: In the end, it all ends up with the player choosing whether they want to be an apologetic doormat or a betrayed customer.
Nephilim88: I really wonder why I still bother being polite on internet, if every time there's always people calling others names... you could have easily ended your post without this last sentence.
Jeez, man. You just want to have a poor excuse not to read my very good point. This wasn't even directed at you. I am neither of these two, I didn't buy the game because the hype and lies were visible from a thousand miles away.

I'm not going to apologize because you -chose- to be offended. Just grow some thick skin...