It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Can i transfer my Cyberpunk save from GOG to steam?

I love the game and am currently using my friends GOG version but want the game for myself after trying it for a few hours i have found the save data location in my directory and was wondering if i can port it over to the Steam version once I've installed it to continue where i left off? Is this possible? Has anyone else tried this? I would like to know before i invest any more time into the game and then have to start over.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Video games like Cyberpunk usually create save files on the local machine, these are sometimes uploaded to the "cloud" via your launcher, GOG, or Steam. If you figure out where your save files are in your filesystem, you probably (not guaranteed) could just copy them to where ever the steam version holds its save files. However, if the steam version of Cyberpunk and the GOG version handle save files differently, for some reason, this method might not work, and you might have to dive a bit deeper. I personally do not own a copy of the game on either platform, this is just general knowledge I have.
TLDR
You probably could copy your current cyberpunk save files to where ever the steam version creates its save files. I do know where these are, so don't ask.
Blinjko: Video games like Cyberpunk usually create save files on the local machine, these are sometimes uploaded to the "cloud" via your launcher, GOG, or Steam. If you figure out where your save files are in your filesystem, you probably (not guaranteed) could just copy them to where ever the steam version holds its save files. However, if the steam version of Cyberpunk and the GOG version handle save files differently, for some reason, this method might not work, and you might have to dive a bit deeper. I personally do not own a copy of the game on either platform, this is just general knowledge I have.
TLDR
You probably could copy your current cyberpunk save files to where ever the steam version creates its save files. I do know where these are, so don't ask.
Ah yeah, i thought as much, i just wasn't too sure if the cloud data would overwrite local data, maybe if i import the local data after creating a fresh save to the overwrite it, then it might upload that overwritten data to the cloud.
Blinjko: Video games like Cyberpunk usually create save files on the local machine, these are sometimes uploaded to the "cloud" via your launcher, GOG, or Steam. If you figure out where your save files are in your filesystem, you probably (not guaranteed) could just copy them to where ever the steam version holds its save files. However, if the steam version of Cyberpunk and the GOG version handle save files differently, for some reason, this method might not work, and you might have to dive a bit deeper. I personally do not own a copy of the game on either platform, this is just general knowledge I have.
TLDR
skullsdirect: Ah yeah, i thought as much, i just wasn't too sure if the cloud data would overwrite local data, maybe if i import the local data after creating a fresh save to the overwrite it, then it might upload that overwritten data to the cloud.
Hey so the answer to this is yes you can copy a gog save over to Steam. I just did it myself. It should read from the CD Projekt Red folder in the saved games which is in users>[name]>Saved Games. Won't carry over achievements and time but it will carry the save.