It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tldr. new pc, want to play in 4k from my couch. controller synchs but no aim assist. trying to place a microscopic dot on a target while sitting on the couch and using a controller is neigh impossible. so can one even play a FPS without playing it keyboard and mouse... ugh. im so fruistrated... anyone else having this? anyone fixed this? should i just buy the game on steam instead?

Ive been so hyped to play this game. i built a pc. i wanted to support best i could so i get it from gog. i want to play it in 4k on my couch. new shiny game why not right?! well keyboard and mouse from 10ft away on your couch is near impossible...
oh i have these awesome PS4 controllers. get them synched to pc and going just fine. then the squishy controls. ok fine just adjust sensitivity... got that nailed down but aim assist is just broken and doesnt work... is this a GoG w/ controller issue? my steam friends dont have this issue... playing an FPS from that far would be hard with KBM much less no aim assist. and while i do get that i could just struggle. should i? many have told me just get smart weapons and keep going. still sounds dumb. sigh :/
Post edited May 03, 2021 by triggerscold
triggerscold: so can one even play a FPS without playing it keyboard and mouse.
Yes. SMVR plays on PS4 and is a god tier FPS player. Joystick is a professional Overwatch player who uses controller on PC (the PC version doesn't have AA). You just need practice. Have you tried using Kontrol Freeks? It's like training wheels for aiming. Doesn't have to be from that brand. Search for "raised thumb grips PS4". KF is just the best one I know of. They're about $20-ish dollars.

I would also recommend turning on "snap to target". When you get better you'll probably want to turn this off.
I wasn't aware CP had aim assist. I guess you learn something new every day.

Honestly, AA is a relatively new thing in gaming terms, so yes it's completely possible to play a shooter with a joystick. You don't think people have AA in multiplayer FPS games, do you? If they do, it's a trash game and doesn't reward skill at all.

The whole purpose of pcmasterrace talk is how much easier it is to upgrade and also play certain genres with a m+kb.

If you want my honest advice, since you have a 4k tv and a pc capable of 4k gaming, invest in a lap pillow with a hard top and get a cheap logitech m+kb wireless combo so you can play games like this on tv from the couch. It's like a $50 investment and you get to play the way you want, which is with maximum control over the aiming.

For real though, I wasn't being snarky. I had no idea CP has AA.
CymTyr: I wasn't aware CP had aim assist. I guess you learn something new every day.

Honestly, AA is a relatively new thing in gaming terms, so yes it's completely possible to play a shooter with a joystick. You don't think people have AA in multiplayer FPS games, do you? If they do, it's a trash game and doesn't reward skill at all.
Aim isn't the only aspect of an FPS. The AA in Master Chief Collection is very strong, but I can't get a kill to save my life. My aim in Overwatch is garbage, but I'm still a decent player. I sometimes get matches where I manhandle entire teams. Game sense is also very important. In some games, like Doom Eternal, it takes priority over aiming.
CymTyr: I wasn't aware CP had aim assist. I guess you learn something new every day.

J Lo: Aim isn't the only aspect of an FPS. The AA in Master Chief Collection is very strong, but I can't get a kill to save my life. My aim in Overwatch is garbage, but I'm still a decent player. I sometimes get matches where I manhandle entire teams. Game sense is also very important. In some games, like Doom Eternal, it takes priority over aiming.
Wasn't disputing that. Was trying to say something similar but my brain is fried from driving 130 miles yesterday. Sorry :)
how do you even train yourself to play FPS games with controller? Do you need to additionally calibrate sticks or default values should be acceptable?
djoxyk: how do you even train yourself to play FPS games with controller? Do you need to additionally calibrate sticks or default values should be acceptable?
Like aiming with a mouse, it depends on the person. More speed = less control. However, more speed also lets you react faster. I sometimes try other people's setups (with controller or mouse, depending on my mood). What works for other people is often too fast or slow for me. There are a few guides floating around the internet on how to improve your aim with a controller.