It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Most of my childhood and early teen years was spent pirating games. Gaming on PC, in my country, wasn't easy, wasn't cheap, it wasn't viable, period. So we all pirated. That's how most of us got into gaming, unless you were a rich kid who could afford the games -- and a PC that was powerful enough to run them. As I grew up, I started trying to avoid piracy as much as possible (even though, admittedly, I still make up "grey legal exceptions" that, as someone who works in the publishing business, I'm fully aware only exist in my mind), and, suddenly, in 2013, after coming across a couple of GOG classic game installers in a bunch of torrent sites, I decided to try out this GOG thing, legally, for once. It was awesome to discover all the games I had grown up with available in here, and it instantly became my store of choice when it comes to video games. For the oldies, at first, sure, but eventually for all the indies and contemporary titles that I learned to love the same as -- sometimes, even more than -- the "classics".

As for the Witcher games, to be completely honest, I only found out about them because I joined GOG, and both GOG and CD Projekt RED are sister companies under the CD Projekt Group umbrella. I wasn't sure what to expect from them, because I'm neither a fan of CRPGs or "tolkienesque" fantasy, but since (at that time) Witcher and Witcher 2 used to have regular sales, I decided to give them a go. I loved them. I never expected to like something in a medieval fantasy setting so damn much, but I did. Mostly, because the characters felt... human. Relatable. Real. Also, despite being, in fact, CRPGs, the gameplay wasn't extremely complex and tailored for elitist gamer nerds alone.

So, my point is: I pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077. I'm completely sure I won't have a PC nearly good enough to run it, a year from now, when it releases. But I don't care. This is my thank you to CD Projekt Group for being awesome. I know you're not "OUR FRIENDS". You're not supposed to be, you're a business company. But I still feel like thanking you, because in the toxic cesspool that gaming has become in the past couple of years, I know I can just visit GOG every day and find games I'm interested in, DRM-free, with awesome customer support, the ability to rollback to a previous version if a patch broke them for me, refunds that work -- and managed by people who actually SPEAK with us, customers, taking into account a different bunch of specifics (as long as I avoid the forums, GOG is superb).

I'm also extremely excited to see CD Projekt RED working under a setting I definitely prefer over medieval fantasy: sci-fi, namely the cyberpunk subgenre. So far, it looks like I have nothing to worry about.

As for my question: will the goodies be available before the game's release? Because I pre-ordered, but all I'm seeing is that "there are no downloads for this game", when I go to Backups & goodies on GOG Galaxy -- or the equivalent when accessing my GOG library from the browser, which was the first method I tried. Not that I'm complaining or bitching, I just wanted an actual clarification on this.

So, this is about it. Thanks to CD Projekt Group, thanks to CD Projekt RED, thanks to GOG. I'm absolutely certain your game will ROCK!
Post edited June 10, 2019 by groze
Good to hear man. I was born in early 80's and Steam is what really did the change for me. I did of course pay for games before, especially good ones like Jagged Alliance 2 that was the first game I ever preordered. Still play it with mods that are still updated today so if you want a good game with endless modding possibility there is my suggestion on GOG. :) But the answer to piracy is to offer better and legal service. Some will always pirate but that way you get the ones pirating out of convenience which are many me included. I used to pirate solely based on it being easier. And Steam changed that for me. And now I am a dedicated GOG user because it is the best platform for today. I am rather giving my money to CD Project than Valve because they have really stagnated lately, they only trust their market superiority which will cost them dearly. CD Project Group is doing constant work to improve the suctomer experiance and GOG Galaxy 2.0 will be a gamechanger for me since I already have guite a bit of launchers (No Epic though, I would not touch that with a 10 feet pole).
Post edited June 10, 2019 by Aquelll
(The News Announcement for Cyberpunk 2077 actually answers my question, so scratch that -- they clearly state the GOG goodies will become available when the game releases. So, yeah. Almost a year to go until I can enjoy my goodies :P I stand by everything I said, though, a HUGE thank you to CD Projekt Group for being awesome!)