It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I get 90% CPU ussage from Cyberpunk
Is this normal?

My system :

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 10700 @ 2.90GHz ( 4.80 GHz ) 42 °C
Comet Lake 14nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3000MHz

Motherboard
TUF GAMING B460M-PLUS (LGA1200) 32 °C

Graphics
Asus GeForce® RTX 2060 6GB TUF
Attachments:
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Depends.. are you playing on 1080p with RTX off? I saw review videos where CP 2077 was using 50 % of a 16c32t CPU, so seems possible
Post edited December 11, 2020 by AZaph_gog
AZaph_gog: Depends.. are you playing on 1080p with RTX off? I saw review videos where CP 2077 was using 50 % of a 16c32t CPU, so seems possible
I use the Geforce Experience recommended settings

https://imgur.com/a/o1ai4ZX

(sorry for the link, but gog would not let me upload PNG or JPG files)
Post edited December 11, 2020 by sigmer
Mh, those settings should hit your GPU pretty hard, but high CPU usage is still possible. Do wanna do anything else besides running the game? Otherwise 90 % CPU usage doesn't seem to a problem if the game runs ok for you.
That's nor-- wait 90% CPU usage?!
That's cray cray. Did you try to launch it manual from the directory folder, if so, is that still producing the same result?
Did you check if maybe GoG Galaxy was downloading & installing updates while you were playing?
Well, starting from today, im getting some lag spikes. But i have been playing fine for 2 days.
Its a new Windows instalation, so everything should be fine.
I am running it on High setting and it normally sits around 95 to 100% CPU usage.

I7 4790k
16GB Ram DDR3
GTX 1080TI
And the game is on a Normal HDD not even SSD.
CPU use is high for all no matter the CPU, it seems to be loading a lot of stuff, do remember cpu tells the gpu what to load, and it has a lot of crowds and npcs to load animations for etc.
PrivacyByCombat: CPU use is high for all no matter the CPU, it seems to be loading a lot of stuff, do remember cpu tells the gpu what to load, and it has a lot of crowds and npcs to load animations for etc.
Thank you all, im not sure what post to flag as the solution, you all helped. thx :D