It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,
I just bought this game and wanted to try it out. Unfortunately it crashes in both DX10 and 9 durig the initial fase of the game (when I parachute out of the plane, sometimes during the fall, sometimes in the first seconds while exploring the beach).

I run it on Win10 x64
Quad core 3.4 Ghz CPU Intel
980m GPU 4 Gb VRAM
16 Gb RAM
1080p
Game plays 75 fps (Vsync) easily so graphics should not be the problem here. Is there a Win10 incompatibility?

Also, I see the GOG vrsion is 1.1.1.6156 (not 1.2.1).
I donwloaded the BETA CHANNELS and the game downloade 3 files fo the game with an installation exe one of them. It says 2.0.0 but when I install it manually, the game menu still says 1.1.1

Any help would be much appriciated so I can finally play this gem.
Try some of the solutions posted here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/17300/discussions/0/630800444079440239/?l=finnish

Good luck!
Damien.01: Try some of the solutions posted here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/17300/discussions/0/630800444079440239/?l=finnish

Good luck!
Thanks for the link. I Tried everything but it always crashes at the beginning of the game when I hit the water.
Must be some driver or DirectX incomatibility
I forgot to mention that game reports as being a file version 1.1.1.6156, which is not a listed file version, however, file version 1.1.1.6156 is equivalent to that of Patch 1.21, so GOG has it updated.

It might be best to reinstall the game (to remove any files from the patches you've downloaded) and try again , running the game in compatibility mode for bot x32 and x64 bit executables.
Thank you for the clarification about the GOG game version. I'm sure someone else out there had my same doubt. Glad to hear it is equivalent to the finali 1.2.1 version.

I tried everyting you posted but still no results. Strangely, I can't set the compatibility mode for Win XP on the .exe files (only Vista , Win 7 and 8).

I have verified all files and also uinstalled/reinstalled the whole thing 3 times so I don't think there is a missing or corrupt file problem.

The game starts fine but it always crashes at the beginning when I am parachuting midair or landing in the water at the island
For reference, below I am posting the last part of the .LOG FILE I found in the 'LogBackups' folder (I left out the rest since it contains sensible information like my ip and computer name).
It shows the error, but I don't know what exactly is the problem. Do you have any ideas?

[Error] <Flash> Error: CallMethod - 'gotoAndStop' on invalid object. [Libs/UI/Menus_StartMenu.gfx]
[net 17:57:41.606] connection requested to: <local>:64087
[net 17:57:41.611] resolved as: <local>:64087
[Error] <Flash> Error: CallMethod - 'gotoAndPlay' on invalid object. [Libs/UI/HUD_GrenadeDetect_Friendly.gfx]
[Error] <Flash> Error: CallMethod - 'gotoAndPlay' on invalid object. [Libs/UI/HUD_GrenadeDetect.gfx]
-----------------------------------------------------
*LOADING: Level island loading time: 16.79 seconds
[Error] <Flash> Error: GFxLoader failed to open 'Libs/UI/FrontEnd/Mods.gfx' [Libs/UI/Menus_IngameMenu.gfx]
Ph3NiX19804: Thank you for the clarification about the GOG game version. I'm sure someone else out there had my same doubt. Glad to hear it is equivalent to the finali 1.2.1 version.

I tried everyting you posted but still no results. Strangely, I can't set the compatibility mode for Win XP on the .exe files (only Vista , Win 7 and 8).

I have verified all files and also uinstalled/reinstalled the whole thing 3 times so I don't think there is a missing or corrupt file problem.

The game starts fine but it always crashes at the beginning when I am parachuting midair or landing in the water at the island
For reference, below I am posting the last part of the .LOG FILE I found in the 'LogBackups' folder (I left out the rest since it contains sensible information like my ip and computer name).
It shows the error, but I don't know what exactly is the problem. Do you have any ideas?

[Error] <Flash> Error: CallMethod - 'gotoAndStop' on invalid object. [Libs/UI/Menus_StartMenu.gfx]
[net 17:57:41.606] connection requested to: <local>:64087
[net 17:57:41.611] resolved as: <local>:64087
[Error] <Flash> Error: CallMethod - 'gotoAndPlay' on invalid object. [Libs/UI/HUD_GrenadeDetect_Friendly.gfx]
[Error] <Flash> Error: CallMethod - 'gotoAndPlay' on invalid object. [Libs/UI/HUD_GrenadeDetect.gfx]
*LOADING: Level island loading time: 16.79 seconds
[Error] <Flash> Error: GFxLoader failed to open 'Libs/UI/FrontEnd/Mods.gfx' [Libs/UI/Menus_IngameMenu.gfx]
Unfortunately, I don;t know what the log file is saying. However upon searching around a little, it seems to be some of the following:

- Game can't detect your GPU , so drivers should be updated (or reinstalled)

- Normal error which some users have even if they never crashed

- Windows Defender (? Source : https://steamcommunity.com/app/108800/discussions/0/135509823664497123/)

- Some video settings (also applies to audio) (you can meddle with these simokly by turning everything in video and audio to off or to lowest and then gradually increase if it doesn't crash )

- Windows 10 Game DVR (Instructions on how to disable this:https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003260089)

If nothing works, then I hope someone else might be able to answer and help here, otherwise you could try contacting GOG support here:
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?game=1809223221

I already made it to ask about Crysis problem.

Good luck!
Hola chicos,Tengo una version vieja de crysis,Alguien me pasa una version actual porfavor?
Jose_Alejandro16:
This is a shop, not a pirate site. If you want a game, you buy it. I see you do not own a single game here...

IF you have a disc copy of Crysis you can download patches from EA's website.
celik_lojze: Hi,
I just bought this game and wanted to try it out. Unfortunately it crashes in both DX10 and 9 durig the initial fase of the game (when I parachute out of the plane, sometimes during the fall, sometimes in the first seconds while exploring the beach).

I run it on Win10 x64
Quad core 3.4 Ghz CPU Intel
980m GPU 4 Gb VRAM
16 Gb RAM
1080p
Game plays 75 fps (Vsync) easily so graphics should not be the problem here. Is there a Win10 incompatibility?

Also, I see the GOG vrsion is 1.1.1.6156 (not 1.2.1).
I donwloaded the BETA CHANNELS and the game downloade 3 files fo the game with an installation exe one of them. It says 2.0.0 but when I install it manually, the game menu still says 1.1.1

Any help would be much appriciated so I can finally play this gem.
If by any chance you still need help with this problem I would like to know:
1.Win 10 home or pro
2.What EXACT CPU
3.Do you have frequency boost on that CPU utilised during the times when you try to run the game
4.If this is a laptop then what power profile do you use
5.GPU driver version
Jose_Alejandro16:
Themken: This is a shop, not a pirate site. If you want a game, you buy it. I see you do not own a single game here...

IF you have a disc copy of Crysis you can download patches from EA's website.
No you don't. The files are exactly the same and nothing would change whether he pirated the game or not. Regardless, the patch files can be found in another patch site called Patch Scrolls .
First of all, I'm sorry for necroing this post.

IIRC from a few years ago, someone stated that the 1.2.1 build version is in fact version 1.1.1.6156.

So AFAIK, there's no need to apply any patch to the game. CMIIW.

P.S. The last time I checked was the time when people said that I can still play MPs (Post-Gamespy Shutdown) if I update the game to version 1.2.1 (which turns out to be a lie ofc)