It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matruchus: Im on Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa.
Update (apt-get update), then install the library (apt-get install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386).

If you have anything with dependencies to that library, then ask on your OS support forum, because initially Ubuntu pushed a newer main package(libsdl2-2.0-0), which conflicted with the older sub-packages (libsdl2-mixer etc).
Thats pure packaging issue.
Matruchus: Im on Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa.
Lin545: Update (apt-get update), then install the library (apt-get install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386).

If you have anything with dependencies to that library, then ask on your OS support forum, because initially Ubuntu pushed a newer main package(libsdl2-2.0-0), which conflicted with the older sub-packages (libsdl2-mixer etc).
Thank you. I also sent email to the devs about the missing update to version 1.1.0.4 that should fix this issue.

Edit: This broke system totally and I had to reinstall Mint again.
Post edited May 21, 2016 by Matruchus
Lin545: Update (apt-get update), then install the library (apt-get install libsdl2-2.0-0:i386).

Matruchus: Thank you. I also sent email to the devs about the missing update to version 1.1.0.4 that should fix this issue.

Edit: This broke system totally and I had to reinstall Mint again.
Sorry if it's too late, but my original solution, the one at the top of this thread, should work for you. No messing with packages, or altering the SO in any way.

Protocultor: Look at some videos of GA on Youtube. You'll know that would be impossible with current gen hardware.
Lin545: LLVM is very fast, it depends on how intense the title is.
This is the part you can't be taken seriously anymore.
Protocultor: This is the part you can't be taken seriously anymore.
Oh crap, you can't be so seriously serious about this part! I loved it most...

I thought that LLVM powers radeon and AMDGPU, which surpassed old Catalyst internal compiler many times, but sometimes wrecked on complex shaders causing glitches, but damn now lost accreditation to a random guy who prefers dropping custom libs and preloading them instead of reporting an internal issue. Definitely not my day!
Attachments:
Protocultor: Look at some videos of GA on Youtube. You'll know that would be impossible with current gen hardware.
is from 2013 with OA 0.8.8 on powerful CPU giving the same fps as [url=https://openbenchmarking.org/showdown/pts/openarena]hd4650mobility GPU. Do not confuse LLVMpipe with HEL from Windows.
Lin545: is from 2013 with OA 0.8.8 on powerful CPU giving the same fps as [url=https://openbenchmarking.org/showdown/pts/openarena]hd4650mobility GPU. Do not confuse LLVMpipe with HEL from Windows.
You were (and are) comparing id Tech 3, a 1999 graphics engine, with this, which runs with that quality and performance in Ubuntu. Also, I use Nvidia. My opinion still stands.

I'm sure you were having the best of intentions, but you should listen to people sometimes.
Might as well update everybody here:

Crimsonland 64bit Linux version is now in beta version on Steam since yesterday. So I guess we can expect to see a 64 bit version on gog soon. A month or so probably.
Post edited September 01, 2016 by Matruchus
Matruchus: Might as well update everybody here:

Crimsonland 64bit Linux version is now in beta version on Steam since yesterday. So I guess we can expect to see a 64 bit version on gog soon. A month or so probably.
Its fine to have, but what does it have to do with issue?

One only needs a couple of libraries in the x64 system to run x32 arch: libdrm-*, libgl1-*, libsdl2-*, libasound2 (all x32 arch)

One of those libraries was incorrectly packaged in your distribution. This is why it caused a "resolution" to remove half of the system when attempting to install it. You install any other application that pulls it - you get same effect.

Crimsonland has nothing to do with it.
Post edited September 04, 2016 by Lin545
Matruchus: Might as well update everybody here:

Great news! Thanks for the post :)
Lin545: Its fine to have, but what does it have to do with issue?

One only needs a couple of libraries in the x64 system to run x32 arch: libdrm-*, libgl1-*, libsdl2-*, libasound2 (all x32 arch)

One of those libraries was incorrectly packaged in your distribution. This is why it caused a "resolution" to remove half of the system when attempting to install it. You install any other application that pulls it - you get same effect.

Crimsonland has nothing to do with it.
Well, I tought to post it here since I asked the devs for a 64 bit version and they responded by starting work on it. Eitherway Crimsonland is one of the few game with the problem (Mount and Blade: Warband one of the other).
Dungeon 2 supposedly needs the same 32bit library but it works without a hitch on my Mint so I don't know but I had enough experimentation. I just wish gog would post instruction with how to safely install those libraries on the games support page.

Same thing with Enter the Gungeon. Wanted to buy and saw a bunch of libraries needed and just said by by to it. Just wish devs would abandon 32bit and get on 64 bit already.
Post edited September 04, 2016 by Matruchus
Matruchus: Well, I tought to post it here since I asked the devs for a 64 bit version and they responded by starting work on it. Eitherway Crimsonland is one of the few game with the problem (Mount and Blade: Warband one of the other).
Dungeon 2 supposedly needs the same 32bit library but it works without a hitch on my Mint so I don't know but I had enough experimentation. I just wish gog would post instruction with how to safely install those libraries on the games support page.

Same thing with Enter the Gungeon. Wanted to buy and saw a bunch of libraries needed and just said by by to it. Just wish devs would abandon 32bit and get on 64 bit already.
Of course having single architecture is awesome. But for games you will not escape need for 32bit anyways! Wine32, unsupported proprietary games nobody will port. Even the native Linux versions. Besides - multiarch is simple and polished. On x86, the x32 is purposely compatible with x64.

Again, the real problem is a wrong library shipped in your distribution. Here, in bold:
Protocultor: (snip)
$ sudo apt-get -f install libsdl2-2.0.0:i386
[sudo] password for xxx:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages static librariescould not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:

libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 : Depends: libwayland-egl1-mesa:i386 (>= 10.0.2) or
libwayland-egl1:i386

unity-control-center : Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libcheese7 (>= 3.0.1) but it is not going to be installed

(snip)
Matruchus, I use Debian Stable (Jessie) and this package installs without issue.
The game has absolutely no problem also.

TL;DR
Your distro is broken, there is a package in repo that has invalid dependencies. Its not Crimsonland. You can in fact take this library directly from Debian Stable and put it next to binary - for the time your distro is fixed the libsdl2 package.

See attachment.
Attachments:
crimson.jpg (67 Kb)
I tried installing the package you mentioned last time I posted here and it broke my system totally so that I had to reinstall it. Not doing that again. Maybe when I upgrade to Mint 18 that wil be solved.
Post edited September 04, 2016 by Matruchus
Matruchus: I tried installing the package you mentioned last time I posted here and it broke my system totally so that I had to reinstall it. Not doing that again. Maybe when I upgrade to Mint 18 that wil be solved.
I don't get it, man.

Your system lacks a library.
I asked it to install it and report any issue to upstream.
You install it and it wracks the system. With apt-get - this is impossible; its only possible with synaptic - but then synaptic will ask to remove half of the system. Why - if the newer library is not compatible with everything in the system (requiring higher version) that depends on it currently - overzealous synaptic may offer to remove all current software on this layer. For example, if newer package like sdl2 is incorrectly added into the repo, then everything that depended on previous sdl2 will be asked to be removed. This probably means every audio application.

Or perhaps you have not added the i386 achitecture? In this case, asking synaptic to add 386 version of sdl2 on a 64-bit system, may cause it to offer remove the whole 64bit audio subsystem and replace them with 32bit audio libraries (instead of adding those parallel), because it works in OR-OR, unless you explicitly add multilib (64/32) like this:

$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install -f

How is installing a package from repository can wreck your system, unless you see the crazy offer like said above so it removes half of the system - but decide to go further?

Can you link me into the thread on LM forum about this package?

Edit: Have you seen this?
Here the 386 version of wayland egl package needs to be explicitly added. I can imagine synaptic to remove whole 64-bit Xorg in this situation (including all apps) and replace them with 32bit...
Post edited September 05, 2016 by Lin545