It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hey everyone, the latest big update is here for the game! Windows owners can download it through GOG Galaxy, with downloadable versions for Win/Mac/Lin coming very soon. Mac owners, please read the notes below the patch list on how to access this new version.

---

BALANCE CHANGES

[*]Chores now have buzz bonus wait times across all modes of play. When buzz is at 100%, chores gain an extra five seconds of "patience" before going off screen. The buzz and bonus scales from there- for example, 50% buzz nets you 2.5 seconds, 25% buzz is 1.25 seconds, etc.
[*]Sushi is now a Holding Station Optional food. You can prep it in the holding station for two instant servings, the lowest in the game and the first ever instant serve for a non-cooked HS optional food.
[*]Roast Beef Sandwich and Chopped Brisket Sandwich now have "slow" cook times instead of "very slow."
[*]The "very slow cook times" trait has been reduced to allow faster cooking. This applies to all foods with this trait, such as Brisket, Ham, Sausages, etc.
[*]Pulled Pork Sandwich now has 10 servings instead of 8. Freshness time extended as well.
[*]Ribs now have 4 servings instead of 3.
[*]Sausage Slices, Ham Slices, Turkey Slices and Brisket Slices no longer contribute dishes to the dishwashing chore (instead of the "high" volume of dishes it was set at before.)
[*]Slammy's BBQ Shift 09: Toast replaced with Potato Salad.
[*]Slammy's BBQ Shift 13: Baked Potatoes replaced with Potato Salad.
[*]Slammy's BBQ Shift 10, 11, 12, 13: Entree 6 removed. Each of these shifts now have five entrees instead of six.
[*]Slammy's BBQ Shift 11/12: Side Stew added.
[*]Slammy's BBQ Shift 9-13: Starting buzz decreased for these shifts.
[*]Sushi Nest Shift 08: Japanese Fried Rice Side added.
[*]All Sushi Nest shifts have added an extra holding station to the original amount.
[*]Contrast Coffee Shift 12/13: Marshmallow Squares added.

NEW ADDITIONS

[*]50+ new emails added, including emails that have money attachments!
[*]Steam Controller and Nintendo Joycon added to supported gamepad button maps (change in the Options>Gamepad menu).
[*]Added a new hints and tips menu at the opening screen.
[*]You can now use the analog stick to navigate the in-game menus.
[*]Contrast Coffee Shift 14 has been rebalanced with Organic Salad swapped for Specialty Doughnuts.
[*]The Designer has been upgraded to 3.0 with new features! Read below for details.

DESIGNER 3.0

[*]You can now toggle snap-to-grid placement in the designer. Choose from six different grids ranging from 10 pixels to 75px! The default is 0/grids off.
[*]You can press and hold the right trigger to move objects faster with the gamepad during placement. Hint text for this has also been added.
[*]Analog sticks are now supported properly when using the designer.
[*]A Reset to Default option has been added to the Edit mode. Use to reset your restaurant to its default visual state when you first started the game.
[*]New category added to Wall Art: Teragon Tower (Other). 18 unlocked objects have been added to this category that were taken from various restaurants in the tower.
[*]Improved display of gamepad control hints in Designer when using certain functions.
[*]Fixed wording of display hint for deleting objects in the Designer using mouse/keyboard.
[*]Fixed issue with certain categories overlapping each other when a specific order of functions are chosen.

BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

[*]Improved opening tutorial button displays for gamepad users, and fixed some minor text issues with the intro tutorial.
[*]Fixed rare bug where two players in local co-op could select the same holding station if selected simultaneously.
[*]Fixed bug that would stop menu music from playing after adjusting the volume in any category in the options menu.
[*]Reduced delay speed when re-selecting a holding station after cancelling out of it or when trashing a food.
[*]Reduced delay speed in selecting orders with gamepads, which should allow super fast serving of orders from prep stations again.
[*]Foods that are cooked via blending or freezing (Rote Grutze, Smoothies, etc.) no longer contribute to the possibility of a fire chore if they freeze over.
[*]Game now pauses when a controller is disconnected (only when it is being used for input).
[*]Game also pauses when player two's controller is disconnected, but only when using Type C controls in local co-op (two gamepads).
[*]Added four new burrito recipes as none of the original twenty had a guacamole ingredient in them (!).
[*]Fixed bug where the three new restaurants (Burrito Time, Contrast Coffee and Planet BLUE) were not contributing towards unlocking the Employee of the Week/Month/Year achievements. Your achievements will unlock immediately when loading a game if you had this issue.
[*]Fixed a rare bug when selecting a food order that could cause the ingredient display and recipe card to glitch.
[*]A bug that could cause the gamepad to rumble indefinitely until the next order is called up has been fixed.
[*]Fixed crash that would occur when pausing and resuming the game at the unlocking objects menu.
[*]Fixed audio glitch that would occur in local co-op when two players would pour beer at the same time.
[*]Fixed rare crash when browsing emails in a certain order.
[*]Fixed bug where pretzels wouldn't show up as selectable in the main tutorial.
[*]Adjusted a few achievement descriptions.
[*]Fixed rare crash with save slot menu.
[*]Fixed reset to default for audio settings that didn't reset the values properly.
[*]Adjusted default settings for sounds, music and player highlight colors.
[*]Newest runtime engine for Game Maker Studio 2 has been used for this build, which contains a number of performance improvements and Linux fixes.
[*]Made the Chilly Bowl mascot, "Sundae," glass art transparent instead of frosted glass for the unlocked item in the Designer.
[*]"TUTORIAL" is now displayed in the top right info bar during tutorial sessions instead of the current selected mode for CSD.
[*]When playing any tutorial, music now loops correctly instead of stopping after fading out.
[*]Additional improvements made to console version.

LINUX FIXES

[*]This release should address a number of issues with the Linux version found in version 2.0 and beyond.

CONSOLE DEVELOPMENT

Note: These features are not visible in the PC version. They are posted here in the rare case a bug related to these new features is found.

[*]Main menu, save/load menu and options menu changed for consoles, removing menus and elements that are unnecessary (such as display options).
[*]New sprite prefetch/flush system added for proper memory handling on consoles.
[*]Various other UI elements changed to pass console certification.
[*]Various wording with the tutorial text and other elements changed for console.
[*]New save and load system implemented for consoles. The standard save/load system for PC will remain.

--

Mac users: you will find the update in the "Staging" beta branch of GOG Galaxy. Please access it that way and let me know if you experience any performance issues (you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game if you encounter errors running the game after patching).
Post edited August 13, 2018 by vg_chubigans
vg_chubigans: [*]This release should address a number of issues with the Linux version found in version 2.0 and beyond.
Does this mean that LC_ALL=C is no longer required to work around the volume setting bug?
vg_chubigans: [*]This release should address a number of issues with the Linux version found in version 2.0 and beyond.
mk47at: Does this mean that LC_ALL=C is no longer required to work around the volume setting bug?
This version utilizes a new Game Maker Studio 2 updated engine that fixed a number of audio issues, so I believe so, but do let me know if you encounter any issues.
vg_chubigans:
Any word on when the Humble DRM-free build of the first game will be updated to match the GOG build? You had mentioned it as being in the cards by the end of January in these games' release thread here back at the beginning of this year.
vg_chubigans:
HunchBluntley: Any word on when the Humble DRM-free build of the first game will be updated to match the GOG build? You had mentioned it as being in the cards by the end of January in these games' release thread here back at the beginning of this year.
I'm going to be updating the Steam version of the game later this year, and then I'll port that version over to Humble. It will basically be the GOG version. I just honestly haven't had a chance to get that done with the console ports coming up and some trips I have going on this month and next, I'm sorry.
vg_chubigans: I'm going to be updating the Steam version of the game later this year, and then I'll port that version over to Humble. It will basically be the GOG version. I just honestly haven't had a chance to get that done with the console ports coming up and some trips I have going on this month and next, I'm sorry.
Thanks for responding.