Has anyone here actually played Contructor multiplayer?
I need some info please. I have the original disc version from years ago, when playing over LAN, the games go out of sync on each machine. DIfferent things happening on each machine, and for e.g., a house will be burning down on my enemies land and blow up. When I go and check that players PC, the house is standing there fine, it starts to burn later though.
Yes, I did play multiplayer, last weekend. With the original constructor CD
For those who don't know you use dosbox.
- open de config file of dosbox,
- change: cycles = MAX and IPX = true.
Add the following 2 mount lines at the end of the file:
- "mount c c:\" (mount a drive in doxbox )
- "mount d x:\ -t cdrom" x is de cd-drive in windows with the constuctor CD
- install constructor, take the smallest install (type "d:" then type "install")
- One computer types "ipxnet startserver"
- the others type "ipxnet connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (replace x's with ip of the host or hostname)
- start constructor ("c:" then "cd acclaim" then "cd cn", then "game")
OUT OF SYNC issue
- NEVER play with an AI in multiplayer. The game wil go out of sync. It's because the AI cheats!!!!