It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Was just about to unistall game from my PC, figuring it just wasn't compatible with Win10, till I saw your post. Thanks, much appreciated.

+1 to you
Sorry for digging up this thread - I was directed by a GOG support member upon getting an error when trying to start the game up. I tried the solution mentioned in this thread, and the game did start. However, when I get to the menu, the mouse sensitivity is cranked really far down and the usable menu occasionally shows in a splitscreen with a differently coloured, often flickering menu on the right. Does anyone know a solution to that?
Resolving Conquest: Frontier Wars Issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=170&v=a3JpymO65mU

Problems with the mouse - Uncheck "Enable Directinput"
Well, thx so far.
now i at least have some sound when i start the game.
but my screen just goes dark, i hear the intro playing, press ESC several times and then hear the menu music (i love it btw ^^)
but i can not see anything on screen except for my desktop background.
i also made sure it wasn't running on one of my other monitors
(using a triple monitor setup... but not for this game obviously)

does anyone have any suggestions on this?
do you need further info, and how can i provide?

i use win 10 / 64
At the moment I'm preparing (tests) a patch with which you can fix all the problems at the same time.
And also a little to expand the possibilities of the game.
--------------------------------
CQFixPatch_AllinOne v.1.1
This Patch for «Conquest: Frontier Wars» any version.
Description:
1). Installing the patch Version 1.07 Release 20.04.2004.
(language - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Tai, Korean.)
2). Adding a Russian-language version.
3). Installing a patch for online games in GameRanger.
4). Installing audio and video codecs.
5). Installing a patch with an expanded number of «Command Points».
6). Added a program for additional game settings - «SettingCQ.exe».
7). Complete adaptation of the game for operating systems - Windows 8 / 10.
Other things.
Guys, a little patience and you can enjoy this game
As soon as the patch is released, I will report this in a new topic
Post edited January 12, 2018 by AllGrey
I randomly decided to visit the forum to see if a solution to the long standing problems has been found since I got it 2 years ago.

I'll try the stuff here out somewhat later and tell you if i worked.

hope i can finally play this again :)

(and very happy to see an active coder/modder still slaving away at this!)
I'am using this Glide/DirectX Wrapper and the game runs just fine with W10. http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html there is a quick guide delivered with the program, but If you have trouble I might be able to aid you.
Post edited April 27, 2018 by ikr.ikarus
it is not compatible with modern nvidia gpus. there is unfortunately no solutions for direct 3d, only for glide which the game does not support. even software rendering is not compatible. old gpus however will still work with your system and as such, you can just swap. it works on 600 series gpus.
andreasaspenberg2: it is not compatible with modern nvidia gpus. there is unfortunately no solutions for direct 3d, only for glide which the game does not support. even software rendering is not compatible. old gpus however will still work with your system and as such, you can just swap. it works on 600 series gpus.
That's not entirely accurate, for example the game works fine with newer graphics cards when using Windows 7. Even the original CD version works perfectly.

On newer Windows systems when dealing with Direct 3D it's probably worth making sure DirectDraw/DirectPlay is enabled and DirectX is installed, as that's easy to overlook.
Post edited June 06, 2019 by Grogger
Conquest: Frontier Wars - Windows 10 Fix - Game mod

Simply go to this link, download the RAR file with 3 DL's inside, extract them to say an empty desktop new folder, then cut and paste them into the link containing the .exe or executable run file in the install directory. Worked great for me. I'm running an i7 processor and Windows 10 home.

https://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=75869

Yes, the RAR download file is clean.