It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Since this game is being pulled off of the catalog, I was thinking of buying it, but I need to know if it will run on my laptop, which is the only computer I have at the moment.
It is an HP530, with a Intel Core Duo @ 1.66GHz, 2GBS of Ram, and a Moblie Inter 945 Express Chipset. (In other words, integrated graphics)
I could download a demo somewhere, but I'm not sure if it contains that nasty Starforce DRM or not.
I don't care about graphics settings, just whether it will work without causing my computer to blow up and not be a slideshow.
To give a perspective on what I can run on this system, I was able to play Flatout at decent settings with a reasonable framerate. This game was released around the same time as this one.
Post edited July 21, 2009 by Starhawk64
This question / problem has been solved by Nox_A15image
Once I played this game on laptop with integrated graphics (I don't remember details about it, but I can check it if You want). It is playable, looks nice, but still on "low" or "medium" options it doesn't work fully smooth. I was able to enjoy the game though.
Post edited May 20, 2011 by jurijchrul
Colin mcrae apparently plays on geforce 3 and 4 so I would say with that chipset it should be powerful enough to play the game. As its an onboard chipset its not a guarentee though, more due to compatibility issues then power.

You could grab the game as its only $10 and if it doesn't work save it till you get a new computer, not ideal but you won't have another chance to grab it once its gone.
Post edited May 20, 2011 by jurijchrul
I will probably buy the game anyway, even if it doesn't run on this system well. We also have a family computer that is a bit more beefier. Just got to wait until I get paid on Friday though. :(
IMO Game itself is worth much more than few dollars so Ralackk is right - this is a great occasion to buy it.
Ralackk: You could grab the game as its only $10 and if it doesn't work save it till you get a new computer, not ideal but you won't have another chance to grab it once its gone.

You mean $5, right?
Ralackk: You could grab the game as its only $10 and if it doesn't work save it till you get a new computer, not ideal but you won't have another chance to grab it once its gone.
BoxOfSnoo: You mean $5, right?

Yea I forgot about the Promo actually, so you are right its $5 which means you have absolutley no excuse not to get it now.
Good news! I got the game and it runs pretty well on my laptop! I had to tone down a few graphic settings to get a decent framerate. Who has time to stare at the pretty scenery at 60 MPH anyway?
Consider this question solved!
Great. And it even runs on Netbooks with 1 GB RAM. :D
Intel lists this on their site of playable games for the Intel 945GM.
I have a Dell Latitude 6400, embedded GM945 video chipset, Win XP.
The game runs perfectly at full video settings, max resolution. Very fast.
2 limitations: to see the statistics of your car you should press 5 on the numeric keypad. Now as the laptop has no numeric keypad..
The other might be specific to my laptop: I cannot adjust the volume on the laptop itself, only in the game.
By the way, NFS Underground, U2, MW, Carbon; GT Legends, Overspeed runs great.
GRID does not work :(
Miki