It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've just downloaded and played the game again (oh happy days), and after several hours of getting used to the handling again (turning half a second in advance etc), I've got two gripes:
1. The sound is a bit messed up. Firstly, there's no pace notes. The arrows are there but the voiceover's gone. I've checked the volume etc but nothing. Also, just in general, everything's far too quiet. The ground is the loudest thing, you can barely hear the engine. Is this a Vista x64 problem because EAX is permanently off?
2. I have a Logitech MOMO Racing wheel which works fine, but when I'm in menus with it, it will only navigate side to side but not up/down. So when I'm in the loading bay, I can only change tyres and nothing else because I can't go down. The keyboard is also disable here so I can't use that. I used to be able to scroll down with one of the buttons but somehow this is gone.
Game is really good, that's true. :) On Windows XP there are no problems with sound and pilot. I just think I hear scratchy noise (in speakers and headphones) in the background, but I used to it and even didn't try to do something with it.
And Your problem with controls - I found it in Codemasters support:

Problem
After setting up a controller to use in the game, the keyboard cannot be used to control the game menus
Solution
You can use your controller to navigate through the menus...
1) Left and right will control left and right scrolling
2) The hand brake and change view buttons will move the menus up and down
3) The gear change buttons will act as enter and escape
Post edited April 13, 2009 by Nox_A15