It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm having fun with this game and all, but it's tiring and hard to play by keyboard alone and I'm looking for a peoples thought on steering wheels. I've tried looking for actual proper reviews of steering wheels but there seems no site that can give a decent review.
I'm not looking to spend a stupid amount of money, maybe £70 at most, force feedback not essential, but would prefer a clutch pedal and a proper shifter (either connected to the wheel base or separate doesn't matter)
It should be durable, simple and reliable and for it not to look like arse as well as having rubber grip on the wheel to help with long play sessions.
To be honest, this http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/713/921/-/5889657/ThrustMaster-Rally-GT-Force-Feedback-Pro-Clutch-Edition-PC-Racing-Wheel/Product.html?searchtype=genre wheel looks great has a proper gear stick and a clutch, but I'd like peoples honest thoughts about it first.
Any help would be great.
No results on Google that points to obvious problems. Found the aggregate on Amazon.com however: http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Force-Feedback-Pro-Clutch/review/product/B000KRXA8W/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
Complaints about flimsy construction which is pretty much standard currency on steering wheels nowadays. You might want to try finding that piece in a store and actually steer and press its pedals to check up on its constructions. In truth, you can never find a "flawless" wheel and all models will need some tweaking eventually to get them to behave. In the end it's a "pick your poison" situation.
Other alternatives you could consider:
-Logitech MOMO Racing Force. That's what I've got at the moment. Problems are mostly about wheel losing its center a little, and pedals failing to register the complete press range. Articles I found say a bit of mechanical tweaking and occasional maintenance will stifle these problems.
-Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel. My previous wheel. Has stronger force and ifeels more satisfying than the Momo, but there is a chance it will outright refuse to activate its force and return-to-center with your computer. Tried it on all five in my household, none work. Yet, I tested it on my brother's computer and it operated flawlessly. If you plan on buying it, keep your receipt close and test it as soon as you arrive home to make sure it "likes" the computer you've plugged it onto.
on a budget i suggest a thrustmaster as above or the Logitech MOMO racing wheel but the rule is really get what you pay for. i use G25 for couple years now works fantastic hasnt gone wrong once
I have a Thrustmaster and love it. I have the cheaper Thrustmaster Ferrari GT 3-in-1 (pc, ps3, and ps2). I bought it on amazon last Christmas. The only problem I have with it is the peddles aren't balanced very well, so I have to put a book (old math book my schools bookstore wouldn't give me 10 cents for) on the flat part to keep it from tipping when I floor it.
The link for mine is below, the bad review suggests it doesn't work well with a ps3, I haven't tried it on my ps3 yet so i cannot comment. the reviews on amazon for the Thrustmaster you posted are not very enthusiastic. You could always play it safe and get a logitech (more money though).
triplehelix: I have a Thrustmaster and love it. I have the cheaper Thrustmaster Ferrari GT 3-in-1 (pc, ps3, and ps2). I bought it on amazon last Christmas. The only problem I have with it is the peddles aren't balanced very well, so I have to put a book (old math book my schools bookstore wouldn't give me 10 cents for) on the flat part to keep it from tipping when I floor it.
The link for mine is below, the bad review suggests it doesn't work well with a ps3, I haven't tried it on my ps3 yet so i cannot comment. the reviews on amazon for the Thrustmaster you posted are not very enthusiastic. You could always play it safe and get a logitech (more money though).

There isn't any link.
triplehelix: I have a Thrustmaster and love it. I have the cheaper Thrustmaster Ferrari GT 3-in-1 (pc, ps3, and ps2). I bought it on amazon last Christmas. The only problem I have with it is the peddles aren't balanced very well, so I have to put a book (old math book my schools bookstore wouldn't give me 10 cents for) on the flat part to keep it from tipping when I floor it.
Somethingfake: There isn't any link.

lol, ctrl+v and click post without even looking to see if it pasted. Here is the link this time:
http://www.amazon.com/Ferrari-Experience-Wheel-Playstation-2-3/dp/B000WHCFT0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1245529892&sr=8-2
Both of the Logitech PC wheels get very high reviews over a sampling of many customers on Amazon. I remember at least one or two of the customer reviews were extremely detailed and well done. Well worth a read.
Personally I prefer Logitech Driving Force GT second revision. Currently using it in Grid, rFactor, Race07 and iRacing.com and it's great.
igor8472: Personally I prefer Logitech Driving Force GT second revision. Currently using it in Grid, rFactor, Race07 and iRacing.com and it's great.

This is what I have too, and it's a fantastic wheel. Got it for a very reasonable price from an Amazon seller and haven't regretted it one bit. I can't get it to work properly with CMR05 though =/
Post edited August 12, 2009 by tlatulipe