It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today's new release features another great racing game from Codemasters which can be yours for $9.99.
[url=/en/gamecard/colin_mcrae_rally_2005][/url]Experience the speed and the power of rally cars and compete with WRC legend Colin McRae, known also as “Flying Scotsman”, to become the best off-road racing driver. With a new mode in the series you can start your very own professional rally career as novice driver and end up being the world champion. [url=/en/gamecard/colin_mcrae_rally_2005]Colin McRae Rally 2005[/url] features over 30 WRC cars and 9 rally events that will bring you hours, days, weeks of play.
low rated
Sorry but I can't help it than consider this the worst release ever for a store that calls itself "Good OLD Games". I do not want 2005 games, I would like to spend my money on more fitting OLD games.
2005 games are good anywhere for me, thanks, if I like them I buy them on DVDs. This stuff seems a little bit incoherent, to me.
Post edited October 14, 2008 by KingofGnG
high rated
KingofGnG: 2005 games are good on BitTorrent, for me, thanks, or if I like them on DVDs. This stuff seems a little bit incoherent, to me.

Yes, stealing 3-4 year old games is a-okay but not DOS games obviously! facepalm.jpg comes to mind.
To me personally I really don't mind these older but not quite very old releases. The boundry seems to be 2005 right now. That's 3 years old, soon to be 4. That's not DOS old no, but old enough to justify the release here.
These games you ether find in bargain bins or not at all anymore in new status. And in the game industry 3 to 4 years old is pretty old already. Especially if you consider how fast games become "obsolete" if we go by developers and marketing standards.
Also consider that 3-4 years old games already had there share of crappy DRM which is stripped out. That alone makes it far more attractive as well.
At that. Nobody ever said that GOG.com was about DOS/early Windows only games anyway.
Post edited October 14, 2008 by Stormdragonblue
KingofGnG: Sorry but I can't help it than consider this the worst release ever for a store that calls itself "Good OLD Games". I do not want 2005 games, I would like to spend my money on more fitting OLD games.
2005 games are good on BitTorrent, for me, thanks, or if I like them on DVDs. This stuff seems a little bit incoherent, to me.
low rated
KingofGnG: 2005 games are good on BitTorrent, for me, thanks, or if I like them on DVDs. This stuff seems a little bit incoherent, to me.
Stormdragonblue: Yes, stealing 3-4 year old games is a-okay but not DOS games obviously! facepalm.jpg comes to mind.

Bits are not "stealable", "piracy" is a fancy concept (like it or not) when coming to digital contents and I've not said I want to take illegally a game but only to take it on BT and THEN, if I like it, to buy it.
Stormdragonblue: To me personally I really don't mind these older but not quite very old releases. The boundry seems to be 2005 right now. That's 3 years old, soon to be 4. That's not DOS old no, but old enough to justify the release here.

3 years is not old, for me. It's yesterday. And they are still available everywhere. Shouldn't a store calling itself "Good Old Games" sell old games for real?
Stormdragonblue: These games you ether find in bargain bins or not at all anymore in new status. And in the game industry 3 to 4 years old is pretty old already. Especially if you consider how fast games become "obsolete" if we go by developers and marketing standards.

Oh, I don't think so....
A brief search and you could buy CMRR 2005 on eBay, Amazon and other maketplaces. New.
Stormdragonblue: Also consider that 3-4 years old games already had there share of crappy DRM which is stripped out. That alone makes it far more attractive as well.

Oh well, this would be the only interesting thing of the release. But it isn't much, for a "Good OLD games" site...
Stormdragonblue: At that. Nobody ever said that GOG.com was about DOS/early Windows only games anyway.

You're wrong. The GOG.com team has lobbied here and there on those "Old and Good" games thing that seeing a 2005 game on the store, to me, means that you should except another store of games you can still find elsewhere, not a "Good Old Games" store.
In essence: I want old games, not yesterday games, or frankly my interest in GOG.com becomes very very tiny. I was so happy to see MDK on the store that I've purchased it with no second thoughts, even if I've got a copy somewhere taken from the Net. I really would like to see more of the same, not 2005-6-7-8 games.
Regardless of your opinions of what defines a 'Good Old Game,' King, I don't think advocating piracy is going to help your case.
I think we can all be absolutely sure that Good Old Games is the best it can to acquire good OLD games. But that's only one of the draw-cards. The other major appeal to this site is the no DRM policy, so I'm not really sure what to say when someone COMPLAINS that they are releasing relatively recent games without the DRM. You don't seem to be complaining that the games are bad, just that they're not yet OLD?
In a few more years, Colin McRae will most definitely be an old game as well as a good one. GOG has the rights to sell it now. Should they sit on it for a few years, for no other reason than to satisfy some minimum-time-since-release criteria? That would seem ludicrous.
3 years is not old, for me. It's yesterday. And they are still available everywhere. Shouldn't a store calling itself "Good Old Games" sell old games for real?
You mean like 90% of the catalogue?
Post edited October 14, 2008 by Shadowcat
low rated
bpops: Regardless of your opinions of what defines a 'Good Old Game,' King, I don't think advocating piracy is going to help your case.

Heck, I'm not advocating anything here. I'm only talking frankly, we're all above-average experienced geeks here, right? Anyone knows the fact of the Interwebs, especially when coming to old games and retrogaming ;-)
KingofGnG: Sorry but I can't help it than consider this the worst release ever for a store that calls itself "Good OLD Games". I do not want 2005 games, I would like to spend my money on more fitting OLD games.
2005 games are good anywhere for me, thanks, if I like them I buy them on DVDs. This stuff seems a little bit incoherent, to me.

Boo...
Any game released here means its stripped of DRM. That alone makes it worthwhile for ANY game to be here, regardless of the year it was released.
You could find any game on GOG for free if you looked. That doesn't make it right.
Previously, maybe, it was the only option... thats why so many people here are happy that they now have a way to get the games legally, and reward the people that worked hard to make them.
Ebay is one thing, but walk into any high street gaming store, and you'd be hard pressed to find many games from more than 6 months ago, let alone 3 years ago.
Most games get a very short retail window in stores (unlike books, movies, music, etc.. which is available for decades). Services like GOG give a second chance to some of these games, allow us to pick them up at bargain prices when we might not have been interested at full price, let us try out those games we always MEANT to buy, and give a first chance for a lot of them to be available on digital download (DRM free).
Any game past 6 months (or its initial sales window) is ok by me... Heck, Crysis and Bioshock are already in the bargain bin...
As long as the price stays below $9,99 there's no reason to pirate anyway.
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and support the idea of piracy because I can't afford games like Call of Duty 4 which are priced $69,99 - on Steam, no less!
Whenever someone asked me why I pirate games, I answered pretty much "out of principle" and "because I like to play videogames but I also like to keep myself alive with food every once in a while". I would always say "gosh, if there was just some way i could get really good games for a price top of €10, then I would buy legally, and, I do in fact buy legally whenever I come across a gem in a bargain bin.
GOG is exactly what I've been looking for, and it allows me to discover pieces of videogame history I wouldn't have played otherwise (Fallout seals the deal!).
I confess I tried pirating my way down rally games until I could get to one that works on my system (perhaps GOG could consider a demo mechanism?) but I felt so bad about it I went and bought Colin McRae 2005 on GOG. GOG allows me to change my videogame habits and with brilliant games to boot.
Well done!
adricv: As long as the price stays below $9,99 there's no reason to pirate anyway.
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and support the idea of piracy because I can't afford games like Call of Duty 4 which are priced $69,99 - on Steam, no less!
Whenever someone asked me why I pirate games, I answered pretty much "out of principle" and "because I like to play videogames but I also like to keep myself alive with food every once in a while". I would always say "gosh, if there was just some way i could get really good games for a price top of €10, then I would buy legally, and, I do in fact buy legally whenever I come across a gem in a bargain bin.
GOG is exactly what I've been looking for, and it allows me to discover pieces of videogame history I wouldn't have played otherwise (Fallout seals the deal!).
I confess I tried pirating my way down rally games until I could get to one that works on my system (perhaps GOG could consider a demo mechanism?) but I felt so bad about it I went and bought Colin McRae 2005 on GOG. GOG allows me to change my videogame habits and with brilliant games to boot.
Well done!

Good to hear.
A demo system would be truly awesome here, but in the meantime you can just go searching online -- quite a few good sites that still have a hefty archive of PC demos. Someone started a thread here for them but I'm not sure how well its maintained..a lot of them didnt work for me and it seems like it hasnt been kept up to date. But it is useful.
When I first learned about GOG, this game was the very one that I just NEEDED to have on the list of the then coming site.
Unfortunately, the game took too long to be out and by the time it came out, the crisis had taken the dollar to the stratosphere. So I waited.
Now, with a more or less stable dollar and a 15% discount, I bought the game. And I'm quite happy with it.
I don't mind it not being an imensely old game, it's GOOD, it's OLD enough and it ROCKS. I'm totaly ok with games like that on the catalogue.
In fact, you guys could start thinking about getting Dirt down here. ;)