It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just purchased Colin McRae Rally 2005. I am using Vista 32bit. Whenever I launch the game I get a black screen, and then I get a window that says "ActiveMovie Window". I tried the compatibility thing in Vista, but it doesn't seem to work.
Attachments:
This question / problem has been solved by Namurimage
Stainlessalloy: I just purchased Colin McRae Rally 2005. I am using Vista 32bit. Whenever I launch the game I get a black screen, and then I get a window that says "ActiveMovie Window". I tried the compatibility thing in Vista, but it doesn't seem to work.

Hi.
You can try adding the NOVIDEO command to the target of your shortcut (that will make the game skip the intro videos).
Take a look here for more info on this.
Post edited July 23, 2009 by Namur
Thank you, I tried the NOVIDEO command, but it didn't help. So I renamed the videos folder, that finally made the game work.
Stainlessalloy: Thank you, I tried the NOVIDEO command, but it didn't help. So I renamed the videos folder, that finally made the game work.

I'm glad you got it working :)
Stainlessalloy: Thank you, I tried the NOVIDEO command, but it didn't help. So I renamed the videos folder, that finally made the game work.

Can I ask what you renamed the folder? I was also having some video trouble with this game, only in a different capacity.
whodares2: Can I ask what you renamed the folder? I was also having some video trouble with this game, only in a different capacity.

I changed the name from "videos" to "video", I just got rid of the "s". I didn't want to get rid of the folder in case I will need it in the future or will need to rename it back.