It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The game might crash on systems which have user locale (on XP: Regional Options, Standards and Formats) set to language which has different sorting rules than the English (I assume). For example for the Czech language the game will crash during startup because 'ch' is considered one character sorted after 'h' in Czech while two characters in English. Because of this, the game is unable to load its data files which have index presorted based on English sorting rules.
The solution is to temporarily change the locale from the control panel to English before playing the game.
Post edited May 08, 2009 by Komat
I have a problem too, language of my OS is italian. At startup the game start the animation that always freeze. On task bar I can see both the icon of the Chessmaster software and animation software, I have just to kill the latter to make game start.
I make no test about the OS languages or locales thought.
Komat: The game might crash on systems which have user locale (on XP: Regional Options, Standards and Formats) set to language which has different sorting rules than the English (I assume). For example for the Czech language the game will crash during startup because 'ch' is considered one character sorted after 'h' in Czech while two characters in English. Because of this, the game is unable to load its data files which have index presorted based on English sorting rules.

The solution is to temporarily change the locale from the control panel to English before playing the game.
Works for me too, After chaging from Czech locale. Thanks.
crap. changing the locale didnt help. does it work on w7?