It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Call to Power II Source Code Project has released [url=http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/196269-Apolyton-CTP2-Edition-Revision-1111-(12-Jun-2011)]Apolyton CTP2 Edition Revision 1111[/url].

Changelog:
2011-06-12 (Revision 1111)
Fixed: The game does not crash, if a city is supposed to be converted and the converting unit was killed the turn before.
Fixed: The AI does not try to disband settlers anymore.
Fixed: After a reload, the correct strategy is loaded for the AI.
Fixed: The AI does not use units for garrison if they are not needed. This frees troops for other tasks.
Fixed: Thread and power calculation have been corrected so that the AI does not waste ressources to fullfil its tasks.
Fixed: The AI does not hunt enemy units far away from home, just because one has been seen by a spy.
Fixed: The AI uses the nearest unit as rally point for rallying troops. This way the AI does not get distracted.
Fixed: When the AI is rallying armies, it marks all armies as being used, even so they are not used. This prevents the AI from assigning those armies to other tasks, so that the original task can still be fullfilled.
Fixed: The AI ungroups stealth units from non-stealth units if their goal is a stealth goal.
Fixed: The AI does not move ships before all passangers are on board.
Fixed: The AI does not use units for beach assault that cannot beach assault.
Fixed: The AI unloads cargo helicopters if they reached land, and there is only land up to the target.
Fixed: Finished the Oceanforming tab for modders.
Changed: Reduced memory requirements for the AI and sped up the AI.
Fixed: Fixed inccorect calculation of ZOC.
Fixed: The AI unloads its cargo from helicopters in front of the target city instead of flyring there with the helicopter.
Fixed: Fixed city happiness calculation so that it depends correctly on crime and pollution. This way the numbers are the same if an entertainer has been added and then removed.
Changed: The AI waits with building wonders until it has four cities or no space for more cities.
Changed: The userprofile options crash logging, show city production, civ flags, enemy health, and new combat have been enabled by default. The userprofile option scroll delay has been disabled by default.
Changed: The difficulty were renamed to classic civ difficulty names.
Updated: The AE mod to the current state of the Apolyton Edition.
Changed: The AI reconsideres the plans for its units like their paths if they reveal foreign units.
Fixed: The calculates the strengths of its units correctly even if they are transported.
Changed: The AI is more likely to conquer cities that are on another continent but on another side of a strait the AI has access to.
Changed: The AI does not try to use its transporters as attackers, so that their goal does not fail.
Fixed: The AI recalculates the needed numbers of transporters for it goals after a process match cycle, this prevents the goal from failing.
Fixed: The AI continues on a goal even after grouping in a city.
Fixed: Fixed city support cost calculation.
Added: Added /beginscheduler command to the chat window. This way the AI unit movement can be tested without waiting on the other AIs.
Fixed: When the AI steps on an invisible unit it is revealed to the AI so the Ai can bypass this unit or kill it.
Fixed: Fixed the AI desire war calculation.
Fixed: If a slave raid fails, because the slaver has not enough movement the victim does not hear that.

You can also download it from Petrell's Domain download section (ctp2 folder) if Apolyton servers are experiencing problems.
Post edited July 22, 2011 by Petrell
Thanks for posting this Petrell! I liked this game a lot years ago, and look forward to playing it again, especially with this Apolyton addition! :D
Does this fix the FREEZE problem?

Call to Power 2
I've played through several games with no trouble, but a handful of times
the game gets "stuck"----- the trade animations continue moving, so the game has
not entirely crashed. Yet one of the AI opponents just hangs there and never makes
any decisions or takes any actions. It's impossible to save the game while it is
in this state. Frequently, it is the nation of France that hangs up, if that makes any difference.
Bug? Patch? Workaround?
Is this a mod? Is this compatible with GoG's version? It seems awesome because of the many fixes it brings, I use windows 7 and the game flickers and becomes almost unplayable!
NightK: Is this a mod? Is this compatible with GoG's version? It seems awesome because of the many fixes it brings, I use windows 7 and the game flickers and becomes almost unplayable!
It's open source project based on CtP2 source code released back in 2003. Basically fans try to improve the game engine by fixing bugs and adding improvements. It should be GOG version compatible. I can't tell how well it'll work on Win7 as I'm still using WinXP.
NightK: Is this a mod? Is this compatible with GoG's version? It seems awesome because of the many fixes it brings, I use windows 7 and the game flickers and becomes almost unplayable!
Petrell: It's open source project based on CtP2 source code released back in 2003. Basically fans try to improve the game engine by fixing bugs and adding improvements. It should be GOG version compatible. I can't tell how well it'll work on Win7 as I'm still using WinXP.
I installed the mod and it does fix the issues I had with the game, but the mod doesn't play music while the normal install does. Do you know how to fix this?
NightK: I installed the mod and it does fix the issues I had with the game, but the mod doesn't play music while the normal install does. Do you know how to fix this?
Unfortunately I've no idea (just tested and it now hangs on intro for some reason. I'm pretty sure it worked last I played. Had to rename video folder to fix.). I did look for setting to enable the mp3's but could not find anything in either GOG or SCP version so don't know how GOG did it. Unfortunately SCP development has pretty much stopped and above revision is the last developers released.
NightK: I installed the mod and it does fix the issues I had with the game, but the mod doesn't play music while the normal install does. Do you know how to fix this?
Petrell: Unfortunately I've no idea (just tested and it now hangs on intro for some reason. I'm pretty sure it worked last I played. Had to rename video folder to fix.). I did look for setting to enable the mp3's but could not find anything in either GOG or SCP version so don't know how GOG did it. Unfortunately SCP development has pretty much stopped and above revision is the last developers released.
Well, I guess there's no fix. What I did was run WMP on the background playing the music from the game folder.
I'm not sure exactly what I've done wrong, but I think I dun goofed, and now I can't play CTP2 at all, even after re-installing it several times. I'm getting an error "add_str.txt line 37: Error, Could not find text for id DoNotImportDefaults"

Can someone please help me?
Voodoo_Child: I'm not sure exactly what I've done wrong, but I think I dun goofed, and now I can't play CTP2 at all, even after re-installing it several times. I'm getting an error "add_str.txt line 37: Error, Could not find text for id DoNotImportDefaults"

Can someone please help me?
I appologize if you already tried this but unistall the game from control panel (I use XP don't know about Win7) then reinstall. If you just reinstall it won't work, also uninstall the CD version if you have that I did and it took awhile until I figured out it was causing problems.

Warren
Just posting to point out the Apolyton edition is coded to play the music from the CD, which... you don't have one. So it won't play any music ingame. Sorry!