It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is becoming quite annoying, I play a level and when it tries to load the next one...

"Bombshell.exe has stopped working"

I dig up my event log and all crashes are of code "0xc00000005 (Access Violation)"

Nothing I find on google regarding access violation app crashes on 64bit windows 7 has helped. It still crashes between levels 100% of the time.

also if I die and have to load a previous checkpoint...

"Bombshell.exe has stopped working"

also "0xc00000005 (Access Violation)"

Is there a way to stop these bloody crashes. I am over this!

Using Windows 7 x64 on I7-4790k with 32Gb Corsair vengeance 2400 DDR3 and a 4Gb Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming

All drivers at latest versions

The game allowed as an exception in firewall, Malwarebytes and windows security essentials

DEP removed completely via script in elevated command prompt.

HELP!!!!!
Post edited June 23, 2019 by hoover1979
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Even after a significant hardware upgrade and (begrudgingly) updating to Windows 10, the same issue is present. However, on W10 after the game crashes I need to restart my rig before I can play again or the game freezes on the "Interceptor" logo at the start of the game.

This game is fundamentally broken and I doubt it will ever get patched. Interceptor (or Slipgate as they call themselves now to give the bad brand a new name) is incompetent as the ROTT remake they made in 2013 has lag and optimization issues on even RTX2080 powered rigs and leaves 12Gb crash logs when it self-destructs. I will not purchase any game that these devs work on again. Thank god Ion Maiden is made by different developers.
I don't get an error message, just lockup. After finishing the FIRST mission, black screen and never loads the next. I've played the game years ago, but wanted to try with my upgraded GPU to play without the slowdown. No problem before to continue in slow-motion, but now for some reason I can only enjoy the first mission without issue....

-using AMD FX 6300 (3.4 Ghz), 16G RAM, RTX 2060 on Win 8.1

before the crash the game looks beautiful, why stop me mid-game?
Post edited December 17, 2019 by whatsnottaken