It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LiqMat: Downloading right now. LOL $4.99 I can live with.
Could you (or anyone else who bought the new version) check if the bundled original still includes all the official releases (English, French, Italian, German and Spanish or is it just English now?
PraetorianWolfie: Could you (or anyone else who bought the new version) check if the bundled original still includes all the official releases (English, French, Italian, German and Spanish or is it just English now?
Unfortunately, since I already own the original from GOG it only added the new version as a separate title in my library. So to me, it looks like two separate games. That does not mean it wont combine them as one entry in your library if you are a new purchase to both. Someone who is buying the full package would have to chime in on this.
Attachments:
Post edited June 23, 2022 by LiqMat
Spectrum_Legacy: Appears that some of you were right about the delisting of the original :( So the only way to get the original is to get the EE now, although the EE is not much more expensive. Still... a weird situation.

greyhat: Well, that surprised me. The EE just dropped on GOG.

I swear I heard from NDS when they first started the work that it would be on Steam only.

It is 50 percent off for owners of the original and comes bundled with the original if you don't own it.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/blade_runner_enhanced_edition
Spectrum_Legacy: Btw does it add the classic version automatically as separate entry to one's library, or is it an extra/bonus download or extra key like in case of Baldur's gate non-EE, etc? Thanks!
They come bundled now under the Enhanced Edition but appear as a separate entry. But I had bought the original before hand so cant comment on how it appears if had not bought the original before. My experience with most games from NDS and GOG in general is that they have a separate listing entry for the classic edition though. But like I said I cant confirm that directly.

PraetorianWolfie: Could you (or anyone else who bought the new version) check if the bundled original still includes all the official releases (English, French, Italian, German and Spanish or is it just English now?
The original still has the listing for all the audio languages. I took the uploaded screen shot before the store page for the original was removed. There was a hiccup with the EE release and only English had audio. However, NDS just made a statement on Steam that it is an error and they will be added in a future update.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1678420/discussions/0/3419936083025374366/
Attachments:
Post edited June 23, 2022 by greyhat
Spectrum_Legacy: Appears that some of you were right about the delisting of the original :( So the only way to get the original is to get the EE now, although the EE is not much more expensive. Still... a weird situation.

Btw does it add the classic version automatically as separate entry to one's library, or is it an extra/bonus download or extra key like in case of Baldur's gate non-EE, etc? Thanks!
greyhat: They come bundled now under the Enhanced Edition but appear as a separate entry. But I had bought the original before hand so cant comment on how it appears if had not bought the original before. My experience with most games from NDS and GOG in general is that they have a separate listing entry for the classic edition though. But like I said I cant confirm that directly.

greyhat: The original still has the listing for all the audio languages. There was a hiccup with the EE release and only English had audio. However, NDS just made a statement on Steam that it is an error and they will be added in a future update.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1678420/discussions/0/3419936083025374366/
Very nice! Thanks for the heads up.
I am all for NDS getting the recognition for the new EE but I notice that with the removal of classic store page the scumm vm team contributions are no longer mentioned.

I feel what they added was no small thing and wish the new store page still mentioned what was added to the "classic " release. If you look over the changes made the original released on GOG also had a lot of enhancements that are worth mentioning.
Post edited June 23, 2022 by greyhat
Thanks for checking out both library entries LiqMat & greyhat, I appreciate!

greyhat: I am all for NDS getting the recognition for the new EE but I notice that with the removal of classic store page the scumm vm team contributions are no longer mentioned.

I feel what they added was no small thing and wish the new store page still mentioned what was added to the "classic " release. If you look over the changes made the original released on GOG also had a lot of enhancements that are worth mentioning.
That's what I thought too and made a post about it in the insomnia tracking thread here.

I have no idea what kind of revenue would have been shared with the scummvm team from the classic version sales, if any... but now i'm not very optimistic they get anything out of it now, not even a mention/credit for the original release and restored content. I see the original re-release as a collective achievement of sorts.
Post edited June 23, 2022 by Spectrum_Legacy
Thank you all for checking! I appreciate it.
PraetorianWolfie: Thank you all for checking! I appreciate it.
I think I may have been mistaken about the languages despite the old store page having them listed.
Remind me where the language selections are. Is it with in scumm vm directly or in the Blade runner settings menu?
Because I cannot find them.

In the scumm vm load screen there is only English.

I also just noticed that Scumm VM that comes bundled with Blade runner classic on GOG is out of date.
Attachments:
Post edited June 24, 2022 by greyhat
PraetorianWolfie: Thank you all for checking! I appreciate it.
greyhat: I think I may have been mistaken about the languages despite the old store page having them listed.
Remind me where the language selections are. Is it with in scumm vm directly or in the Blade runner settings menu?
Because I cannot find them.

In the scumm vm load screen there is only English.

I also just noticed that Scumm VM that comes bundled with Blade runner classic on GOG is out of date.
For the original, the installers are separate for each language, so you'll need to select language before installing the original version.
Eg. if you install the English version, you cannot later select French audio for it.

ScummVM's subtitle bundle (SUBTITLES.MIX from the ScummVM web site) matches the audio language installed automatically -- except for German and Italian where we didn't have the subtitles, and it would use the English ones instead. Side nore here: NightDive offered us their Italian and German subtitles, in exchange for our English, French and Spanish ones, mentioning our names on the credits of course. I still have not integrated them in our bundle (I just got them a few hours ago!), and it may be a bit challenging since they are using a different approach for the translation (....).

I am also working on way to mix and match subtitles, so you can choose a different language for the installed audio, but it still not complete. It is more tricky than one would expect. And it still won't allow to switch audio language since the installers are separate. (The Enhanced Edition supposedly supports this but they will need to release the patch to add the other audio languages)

Also, yes, I highly recommend using a recent ScummVM build to run the original version of the gane, The current Release Candidate for 2.6.0 should be fine.
I see them now. It did not occur to me to look for separate installers. I thought they would be a menu setting. They are all there still. I will download 2.6.0.

Thanks.
Judging by the reviews now we know why its only on gog.
No one else wanted it.

scratch that, its also on steam, so prob they meant the discount
Post edited June 24, 2022 by staruszek